Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 360
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    da Souf
    Posts
    16,904
    vCash
    1500

    ***THE OFFICIAL*** rate/"tell me what to do with" my fantasy team thread!

    OK, seeing as there is gonna be a slew of these soon, especially with offered trades and all, I thought I'd conglomerate all the "rate my team"/"hey should I pick something up" threads here. I'm not merging any existing threads, just put the new posts here.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kaverns of Krock
    Posts
    3,491
    vCash
    1500
    what do you guys think of my team that I drafted:

    Catcher- J.Posada
    First- J. Thome
    Second- T. Iguchi
    Third- A. Ramirez
    Shortstop- D. Jeter
    Outfield- V. Guerrero
    C. Crisp
    B. Wilkerson
    Bench- R. Sanders
    M. Barrett
    D. Ecksteinn
    P. Wilson
    Starting Pitchers- M. Buehrle
    D. Willis
    C. Capuano
    K. Millwood
    M. Mussina
    J. Vazquez
    Relief Pitchers- R. Dempster
    J. Borowski
    B. Looper

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    19,199
    vCash
    1500
    Ok i did a trade a few days ago and jumped on it....tell me if it was good or not.

    I traded

    Bobby Crosby & Brad Wilkerson

    For

    Derek Jeter & Raul Ibanez

    Thoughts?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    da Souf
    Posts
    16,904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MvpMets00
    Ok i did a trade a few days ago and jumped on it....tell me if it was good or not.

    I traded

    Bobby Crosby & Brad Wilkerson

    For

    Derek Jeter & Raul Ibanez

    Thoughts?
    Overall, a pretty even trade. You probably make out better though, because you're likely to get more RBIs, and a few more steals out of the deal.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    da Souf
    Posts
    16,904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by guru60304
    what do you guys think of my team that I drafted:

    Catcher- J.Posada
    First- J. Thome
    Second- T. Iguchi
    Third- A. Ramirez
    Shortstop- D. Jeter
    Outfield- V. Guerrero
    C. Crisp
    B. Wilkerson
    Bench- R. Sanders
    M. Barrett
    D. Ecksteinn
    P. Wilson
    Starting Pitchers- M. Buehrle
    D. Willis
    C. Capuano
    K. Millwood
    M. Mussina
    J. Vazquez
    Relief Pitchers- R. Dempster
    J. Borowski
    B. Looper

    if your league has them, you're gonna need more Ks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,718
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MvpMets00
    Ok i did a trade a few days ago and jumped on it....tell me if it was good or not.

    I traded

    Bobby Crosby & Brad Wilkerson

    For

    Derek Jeter & Raul Ibanez

    Thoughts?
    I think you robbed him. Crosby might be good, but he could have gotten a lot more out of the deal.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    da Souf
    Posts
    16,904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chisox311
    I think you robbed him. Crosby might be good, but he could have gotten a lot more out of the deal.
    Crosby only played part of the season last year, keep that in mind.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16,387
    vCash
    1500
    Should I drop Justin Duscherer for Aaron Heilman or Scott Kazmir? I need more starters since Sheets is injured and my other starters are Pedro and Carpenter

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kaverns of Krock
    Posts
    3,491
    vCash
    1500
    I would keep Kazmir. I think he is set to have a decent season.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,743
    vCash
    1500
    I just drafted my first fantasy team as well. I dont think i did very well but will post it for all to see.

    C- J. Mauer Min.
    C- B. Molina Tor
    1b- L. Overbay Tor
    2b- M. Giles Atl
    3b- A Ramirez Chi
    SS- C. Barmes Col
    CI- M. Sweeney KC
    MI- R Cedeno Chi
    OF- M Ramirez Bos
    OF- J. Edmonds Stl.
    OF- G. Jenkins Mil
    Util- R. Ibanez Sea
    BN- M. Murton Chi
    BN- E. Encarnacion Cin
    BN- A. Boone Cle
    BN- R. Mackowiak- CWS

    Pitchers

    Closer- B Lidge
    SP- J. Schmidt SF
    SP- C. Lee Cle
    SP- J. Contreras CWS
    SP- D. Haren Oak
    SP- F. Liriano Min
    SP- T. Wakefield Bos
    BN- J. Weaver

    I am in a 12 man rotiserie league. I picked 7th and this is my first attempt at fantasy baseball. So any comments, suggestions etc would be appreciated.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,718
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan
    I just drafted my first fantasy team as well. I dont think i did very well but will post it for all to see.

    C- J. Mauer Min.
    C- B. Molina Tor
    1b- L. Overbay Tor
    2b- M. Giles Atl
    3b- A Ramirez Chi
    SS- C. Barmes Col
    CI- M. Sweeney KC
    MI- R Cedeno Chi
    OF- M Ramirez Bos
    OF- J. Edmonds Stl.
    OF- G. Jenkins Mil
    Util- R. Ibanez Sea
    BN- M. Murton Chi
    BN- E. Encarnacion Cin
    BN- A. Boone Cle
    BN- R. Mackowiak- CWS

    Pitchers

    Closer- B Lidge
    SP- J. Schmidt SF
    SP- C. Lee Cle
    SP- J. Contreras CWS
    SP- D. Haren Oak
    SP- F. Liriano Min
    SP- T. Wakefield Bos
    BN- J. Weaver

    I am in a 12 man rotiserie league. I picked 7th and this is my first attempt at fantasy baseball. So any comments, suggestions etc would be appreciated.
    Was Aramis Ramirez your 2nd pick? He's pretty good, but I don't think he should be going that early. Even if you think he's going to be good, it's usually best to stay somewhat close to the rankings early in the draft. There's a pretty good chance that Ramirez could have waited until the 3rd round, and if he did, you could have gotten a Miguel Tejada instead of a Jimmy Rollins. A lot of guys will pick their favorite players earlier than they are supposed to go, but from my personal experience, it's best to stay within 15 of what the Yahoo rankings are (unles you are an end pick and it won't be your pick for a while).
    Once you get to the mid/late rounds, it's not stupid to dig a little deep into the rankings.
    Last edited by chisox311; 04-13-2006 at 01:01 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16,387
    vCash
    1500
    Should I drop Huston Street for either Oscar Villareal or Chris Ray? Street isn't doing very good right now and I need a suitable replacement. Or should I keep Street? Right now, the best available pitchers are:
    - Tom Glavine
    - Chris Ray
    - Oscar Villareal
    - Chris Capuano
    - Bronson Arroyo

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,718
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaunnieboi
    Should I drop Huston Street for either Oscar Villareal or Chris Ray? Street isn't doing very good right now and I need a suitable replacement. Or should I keep Street? Right now, the best available pitchers are:
    - Tom Glavine
    - Chris Ray
    - Oscar Villareal
    - Chris Capuano
    - Bronson Arroyo
    If you don't want Street, I'd try to trade him. I definately don't think you should just let him go (look at what he did last year).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,718
    vCash
    1500
    I know Berkman's doing much better than Crawford, but would this be a fair trade straight up? Who'd get the best of that deal?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    17,542
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaunnieboi
    Should I drop Huston Street for either Oscar Villareal or Chris Ray? Street isn't doing very good right now and I need a suitable replacement. Or should I keep Street? Right now, the best available pitchers are:
    - Tom Glavine
    - Chris Ray
    - Oscar Villareal
    - Chris Capuano
    - Bronson Arroyo
    WOW... DONT DROP STREET ---- 21 straight saves and he is only getting better, on a team that is picked by many to make the WS. Street>Ray

    Fantasy Baseball is a full season, dont judge guys by a weeks performence.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •