Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2014 Sleepers and Busts

Who do you think will out perform their ADP? Who will break out?

Who will disappoint? Which top player will bust and destroy a fantasy draft?

vCash
    Matt Kemp will be awful. I also think Cano wont be the same in Seattle now that he is paid. On the other spectrum, Hosmer or Moustakas might actually break out this year.
    By the way absolutely no thought was put into this.

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    I think Paul Goldschmidt is a one year wonder although he has improved numbers wise in the last 3 years. I don't think Cano will have an immediate impact in Seattle.

vCash
    Lol. Do I need to give some answers to get the ball rolling or is this just a dead forum?

vCash
    Dead forum, even in season its like this

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Salazar of the Indians is who I'm targeting most in this year's draft. I'll have to look at the rankings to see about other players. Off the top of my head, Salazar, Gerrit Cole, and Sonny Gray are going pitchers who have possibility to break out bigtime.

For this season I'm not expecting any diamonds in the rough like Harvey or Fernandez from last year, though.

As for busts, it's hard to predict busts without knowing where guys are ranked.
    Last edited by giants73756; 02-15-2014 at 12:20 AM.

vCash
    Thoughts on Jose Abreu?

Brandon Belt?

Jose Altuve?

vCash
    BOOM!

I expect Jose Abreu to smash his pre-season ranking and ADP, Yahoo ranks him at 155, ADP is currently 149. He will be a top 75 player I think.

David Price will easily outperform his ADP of 48.

Shelby Miller should also outperform his ADP of 109.

Albert Pujols claims he will shut mouths up this year. At 49 ADP, he could be the steal of the year.

Wil Myers at 61 ADP is the best bargain that I see!

I also expect big things from George Springer. I can't see his ADP, but you can be sure you will get value out of this kid.

BUST!

Clayton Kershaw will under perform. He will still be a top 10 pitcher, but will not repeat last year's performance and not be worthy of his ADP of 5.

Paul Goldschmidt may have another terrific year, but not worth the 3rd overall pick.

Robinson Cano is going to the park where hitters go to die. Not worthy of his ADP of 10.

Yasiel Puig will not live up to the hype, he will be okay, but not worth the ADP of 26.

Billy Hamilton... seriously? ADP of 68??? People are either crazy or stupid. He's not ready for that type of performance just yet.

vCash
    Think belt will out perform his adp I plan on keeping him in one league

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusNYY_Savior View Post
    Matt Kemp will be awful. I also think Cano wont be the same in Seattle now that he is paid. On the other spectrum, Hosmer or Moustakas might actually break out this year.
    By the way absolutely no thought was put into this.
    Hoser broke out last year... From July on he was top,10

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    McCann is going pretty late right now. He'll get more at bats with the Yankees and he'll have the short porch. Could end up batting 3 or 4th, he's a steal. I like Cashner a lot, he's a good whip guy and I expect his ks to go up. Cingrani has a lot of value where he's being drafted. Kole Calhoun could bat leadoff for the Angels and he goes undrafted in some leagues. Springer might not start the season with the Astros but he should produce at a 30-30 pace when he gets called up.

Stay away from Cano. Harper goes too early imo, could have a huge year but it's a risky gamble in the first round.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    F all you saying stay away from cano! ha i think he will have a few nice years....... this being one of them

vCash
    Not necessarily a sleeper, but I picked up Teixiera in the 14th round of a 12 team league. If gives decent production that will be a steal.
    Also Tyson Ross (P, Padres) and Evan Gattis (C, 3B Braves) are great late round pickups.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 4-2
    Warriors = 0-0 Making it rain!
    A's =
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    F all you saying stay away from cano! ha i think he will have a few nice years....... this being one of them
    He won't be terrible by any means.... but doubt he produces like he did the last couple years. You can probably expect 2-3 years of around 25 HR's, 80-90 RBI's, and anywhere from .280-.300 hitting.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 4-2
    Warriors = 0-0 Making it rain!
    A's =
    WINNING!