Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Luongo Re-signing; update: will resign before training camp?

An extension for Canucks Goalie Roberto Luongo is all but finished. I'm hearing the extension will be in the 5 year range. Expect Luongo to sign the deal on July first.

-Andy Strickland (hockeybuzz)

There ya go nuck fans, good news for you.

vCash
    its from eklund but i believe this is real since luongo announced are pick, im happy because if you think about it schiender isn't going to be better then luongo prob ever, we don't know if he'll be really good or not, luongo is reliable, i believe he'll play good till he retires and hopefully he's willing to take a bit o a pay cut like he said or declining or something, basically the best thing you could do at the end of the day, i wonder if he'll be the captain the whole time?
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    i'm interested to know if he got the 8 mil he was looking for.

This also makes Corey Schneider extremely expendable.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Colt.45~ View Post
    its from eklund but i believe this is real since luongo announced are pick, im happy because if you think about it schiender isn't going to be better then luongo prob ever, we don't know if he'll be really good or not, luongo is reliable, i believe he'll play good till he retires and hopefully he's willing to take a bit o a pay cut like he said or declining or something, basically the best thing you could do at the end of the day, i wonder if he'll be the captain the whole time?
    This aint from that idiot eklund its from Andy Strickland who is more of the Blues insider on Hockeybuzz and works on ESPN radio here in st. louis, he's like the only one I trust on hockey info, and he's right most of the time, he called the Stempniak trade to Toronto during the season. He's a trustful source trust me.

vCash
    Nice, I've heard of Strickland before so he can be trusted.

vCash
    o alirght just hate eklund man, o boumeesters going to vancover marian gaborik could go to detroit red wings at the trade deadline theirs many teams interested in heatly he just makes up crap, now he's saying their just going to be rumours for the next 58 hours but the nhl hasn't really had a lot or as were used to happening look at he the draft and trade deadline not a lot is happend, but i still check his website cause theirs not a lot of websites with rumours since apprently not a lots happening its either about the sedins, heatly and boumeester on the ones i check, but yea this was pretty easy to piece together
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    So far all quiet in Los Angeles... Canucks still talking to Luongo about extension.. and Blue Jackets offer Nash long-term extension
    tfp twitter

vCash
    any new news regarding him signing?

vCash
    i remember hearing that Gillis and Luongo were going to continue to talk about it this weekend. I haven't heard any news though.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Well get this done. Luongo is the present and future. With the Sedins signed get this done and a great offseason.

vCash
    That's my thinking, Luongo will re-sign with the Canucks soon, and once that's done, Gillis will pull the trigger on a trade for an offensive defenseman. Who he'll deal for that player, I hope Johnson's not part of a package. Unsung hero last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    That's my thinking, Luongo will re-sign with the Canucks soon, and once that's done, Gillis will pull the trigger on a trade for an offensive defenseman. Who he'll deal for that player, I hope Johnson's not part of a package. Unsung hero last year.
    Well there's still a few guys like Bergeron, and others that I think while not Ohlunds level of offensive talent he could be a good replacement if comes 2ish.

vCash
    Aug. 04, 2009

Canucks GM and President Mike Gillis, who assumed the President mantle on Tuesday when Chris Zimmerman abruptly resigned, told Rick Ball and Don Taylor that the Canucks are close to an extension agreement with Roberto Luongo; an agreement that Gillis says should be completed by training camp.

"I think philosphically we're very close and I think to get top players signed it usually does take a longer period of time. We've had a lot of stuff happen in the meantime. We were moving really well and then we had the draft and free-agency and some other distractions occurred. But we feel really confident that we're all on the same page and it's only a matter of everyone getting focussed on the final part of it to get it done. We intend to (get it done before the season). We hope to. I know Laurence (Gilman) has had some discussions with Roberto's agent as early as yesterday. We're getting there and we're confident that we'll get something done."

The 30-year-old Luongo is coming of a 33-13-7 campaign in 2008-09 that included nine shutouts and is entering the final year of a four-year, $27 million contract.

Meanwhile, the Canucks will likely add a couple more defenseman before training camp opens in September as Gillis looks to fill out the roster.

"We're looking at a few options. There's some trade discussion and some cap relief that some teams are looking at and there's still some free-agent defensemen out there. We have our toes in the water in all those fronts and I anticipate us having one or two defensemen signed before training camp begins."
    Team1040
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    How long until it's discovered that Zimmerman murdered a hooker or something?

Hopefully Luongo signs soon!

vCash
    I heard 5/40 mill deal on 1040. 8 mill sounds a lot for a goalie dont you think?
    Greatness is a Virtue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast