Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Next dominant center?

Is there ever gonna be another dominant center in the league? obviously Dwight Howard is the best we got, but he lacks fundamentals. Is there ever gonna be another russel, chamberlain, robinson, olajuwon, or younger shaq type player to dominate the game?

vCash
    Bynum in a few years

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Roy Hibbert, has a chance to be very good, but not dominate. It was suposed to be Greg Oden, but we will see if he can stay healthy first.

vCash
    ok so just because dwight isnt complete right now that means he never will be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Panch View Post
    Roy Hibbert, has a chance to be very good, but not dominate. It was suposed to be Greg Oden, but we will see if he can stay healthy first.
    He'll be at rosho's level at best... I'm talking about hibbert.

vCash
    Barring injury, Dwight will probably be the class center of the league for the next decade or so. Nobody in his age group is really competing with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MNSuFu View Post
    He'll be at rosho's level at best... I'm talking about hibbert.
    I think he will be better than Rasho. I think he will probably be the 5th or 6th bestcenter in the league in 2 or 3 years. He has the size to be a monster in the middle, just needs to stay out of foul trouble. Also, Dwight is te next dominate center in the league and will be for 6 or 7 years.

vCash
    what defines dominant? dunking on people? or being unguardable with good defense? let's face it, my vote definitely goes to D12, but what exactly constitutes being dominant? when the magic play the raptors for example, bargnani's range and speed are always problems for dwight. i guess a case can be made for andrea, but until he can continue to improve and make statements, my vote still goes to dwight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Panch View Post
    I think he will be better than Rasho. I think he will probably be the 5th or 6th bestcenter in the league in 2 or 3 years. He has the size to be a monster in the middle, just needs to stay out of foul trouble. Also, Dwight is te next dominate center in the league and will be for 6 or 7 years.
    He lacks alot of lateral quickness like rosho. His rebounding and vertical are very close. About the same ammount of offensive moves. I don't really see him being more then an adequet starters. Which sadly could be the 5th or 6th best center in the league.... Alot of teams are starting to play small ball and power forwards at the five spot..

vCash
    pardon my stupidity, but who the hell is 'rosho'?

nvm, i figured we were talking about rasho nesterovic, my bad.
    Last edited by jsumadchat; 06-27-2009 at 06:30 PM.

vCash
    Andris Biedrins won't be a 'dominant center' but he will be a very productive center with consistent rebounding and scoring and decent defense. He's relatively underrated/overlooked.
    Karmaloop Users! Enter DR31290 at checkout for 20% off!

**First Sig Ever - Help Me!

http://oneloveadvocates.org/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    ok so just because dwight isnt complete right now that means he never will be?
    no dwight is one of my favorite players, and he very well could be. at this point he only dominates in rebounding and defence, his O has a long way to go. all the other dominant centers had a back to the basket games and could score. IMO none of the nba's current centers have that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsumadchat View Post
    pardon my stupidity, but who the hell is 'rosho'?
    Nesterovic

He was the starting center with KG and the timberwolves for a long time. I think he plays with hibbert on the pacers now.

vCash
    Dwight Howard is the only player i see being dominate.. if oden is healthy maybe he could too.. bynum is a long shot..

vCash
    Andrew Bynum has all the tools to be a dominant center......he just needs to avoid freak injuries.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast