Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Marian Gaborik Rumor

Vancouver Province writer Jason Botchford, is reporting on his Twitter page that Slovakian winger Marian Gaborik has purchased a house in Vancouver. Gaborik is set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1st, and is not expected to re-sign with the Minnesota Wild.

Prior to July 1st last season. Pavol Demitra was shown around in Vancouver by then-Canucks captain Markus Naslund and subsequently signed with the team on July 10th. Demitra was also Mike Gillis' former client.

The Minnesota Wild accused the Canucks of tampering and were investigated by the NHL, but no wrong doing was found.
    Bleacher Report

We've been linked to him in the past.. gonna be a busy off season.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Yeah Demitra is his former teammate so I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to play here

vCash
    That would be great if the Canucks got Gaborik, that would mean they probably couldnt sign the sedins and the islanders could sign them ;-), but seriously, if they could get a healthy and happy gaborik along with a few other solid pieces this offseason they coud be an elite team in the western conference

vCash
    ^ that's if he plays more than 10 games..

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Well over the last 4 years he's averaged 51 games which obviously is not all that great. He played 77 games in the season before last and is just an amazing player when healthy

vCash
    yeah, but that's the risk we're gonna be taking if we end up signing this kid. He's more fragile than Salo.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    yeah, but that's the risk we're gonna be taking if we end up signing this kid. He's more fragile than Salo.
    Yep it's a high risk high reward for sure. But if he signs him Gillis will have gained a rep for signing injury prone players, which as teams always find out...can backfire horribly

vCash
    is there anyway we can sign the sedins and gaborik...? or is that asking for too much?

<3

vCash
    is there anyway we can sign the sedins and gaborik...? or is that asking for too much?
    We might be able to, but then we would have a hole on D

vCash
    yeah i was thinking about that as i typed the question. Gillis is definitely gonna earn his pay check this offseason. If it came down to Niedermayer or Gaborik, i'd have to go with Nied.

<3

vCash
    yeah i was thinking about that as i typed the question. Gillis is definitely gonna earn his pay check this offseason. If it came down to Niedermayer or Gaborik, i'd have to go with Nied.
    Me too.

But I really do think that this is the $$$$ dilemma that's slowing the Sedin talks.

We need:

Sedins
    Gaborik
    Niedermayer

Or some combination like that. We need the money to afford the players the club needs to compete. I know that's unrealistic in this salary cap league, but this is what I'm really saying. We need:

Solid, consistent scorers - can't do better than the Sedins for that
    One explosive, proven offensive threat
    One PP QB

Now, either Gillis works out some deals this summer to acquire them, or we have to develop them through the draft with younger players on cheaper contracts.

We don't have the developing players in the system right now no matter how good things look through rose-coloured glasses. That means that, barring some brilliant deal-making this summer, we're going to need to be patient with this team's Stanley Cup aspirations.

There is no doubt that the Canucks got eliminated because they just don't have the talent and depth. Too few offensive weapons, no PP QB, not enough team speed and mobility.
    Last edited by ink; 06-23-2009 at 05:14 PM.

vCash
    Canucks forward Pavol Demitra says the rumours that pending Minnesota Wild free agent Marian Gaborik has bought a house in Vancouver are not true.

Demitra told CKNW that he knows for sure that Gaborik has not bought a house in Vancouver.

Demitra and Gaborik are best friends and talk every day and live on the same street in their native Slovakia.

Demitra tells CKNW that he would love to see Gabroik sign in Vancouver as a free agent this summer.
    http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/Spo...spx?ID=1106467

<3

vCash
    also heard, that if the Sedin's go.. the canucks will go after gaborik AND hossa.

<3

vCash
    Hmmm, not sure about Gaborik, he's an amazing talent (when healthy), but that's the problem - he's always injured. And similarily, so it seems is Demitra judging from his last years injuries. I would much prefer some gritty North American talent (Heatley, Niedermayer, Bouwmeester). Gaborik and Demitra didn't do much in Minnesota, so what will change here? And if the Sedins' want more than $6 million a year over 5 years, I say let 'em go. The thing with the Sedins is: they aren't the same without each other. What will happen if one of them goes down for the season - or worse, a career-ending injury? The Nucks would be hooped.

vCash
    well career ending injuries are the only thing that scare me about 10-12 year contracts. And they can happen at anytime, unexpectedly. There's always a risk... but we still gotta bring back the sedins.

<3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast