Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    If they are going to trade for Kovulchuk, they are going to have to give up..Frolov, Bernier, Moller and a 2011 2nd Round Pick for him. Which i wouldn't mind at all. Because look, Frolov is having one of the worst years of his career, Murray doesn't like him much, specially the fact that his stats have dropped quite a bit. So they won't re-sign Fro. Bernier is one of the best goalies we are going to have, but for God's sakes, it's Kovulchuk man, and we still have plenty of goalie depth. Moller eh, he does okay from here to there, and a draft pick, no prob. Most of you are probably like what's the point if his contract expires after this season. Well there is a reason they going to trade at least 3-4 players for Kovulchuk, because they going to re-sign him at the end of the season.

vCash
    If that is what they are asking for Kovulchuk, then by all means give it to them. Bernier is the only piece of that puzzle I would miss. He is going to be a very good goaltender in this league, maybe even a star... But Quick has proven himself very deserving of the number 1 spot and has been a workhorse this year. The immensely talented Frolov I am fed up with. He disappears for weeks at a time which the kings cant have. Moller is talented, but tiny! And a second rd pick seems fair for what the kings would be getting in return. Kopi needs a linemate with some offensive creativity, and he is really at his best when he can be a duel threat of passer/scorer instead of playing the role of sniper...I love Smyth, Brown, Simmonds, and Richardson but they lack the top tier skill level a Kovulchuk would bring. I think this trade would be like getting two new players because of how much better Kovulchuk will make Kopitar.

Potential New Lines

Kovulchuk Kopi Simmonds

Smyth Stoll Brown

Richardson Handzus Parse

I might even swap Simmonds and Brown, but Brown and Smyth's grind it out styles really work well together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalKid View Post
    If that is what they are asking for Kovulchuk, then by all means give it to them. Bernier is the only piece of that puzzle I would miss. He is going to be a very good goaltender in this league, maybe even a star... But Quick has proven himself very deserving of the number 1 spot and has been a workhorse this year. The immensely talented Frolov I am fed up with. He disappears for weeks at a time which the kings cant have. Moller is talented, but tiny! And a second rd pick seems fair for what the kings would be getting in return. Kopi needs a linemate with some offensive creativity, and he is really at his best when he can be a duel threat of passer/scorer instead of playing the role of sniper...I love Smyth, Brown, Simmonds, and Richardson but they lack the top tier skill level a Kovulchuk would bring. I think this trade would be like getting two new players because of how much better Kovulchuk will make Kopitar.

Potential New Lines

Kovulchuk Kopi Simmonds

Smyth Stoll Brown

Richardson Handzus Parse

I might even swap Simmonds and Brown, but Brown and Smyth's grind it out styles really work well together.

Hmm, the best way to figure this out is to list the untouchables (besides obvious guys like Doughty, Kopitar, etc.)...

Here are the guys I refuse to trade: Simmonds, Brown, Schenn, Bernier

Frolov might not command enough of a return, because he's a FA also.

How about Jarrett Stoll, Colton Teubert, and a 1st round pick?

vCash
    So it would be like giving up two 1st's and Jarrett Stoll. I would be fine with that but would the Thrashers, and also I would like to see Lombardi get a deal done with Kovalchuk soon after the trade. Heard he wants 10 million per for 10 years! The Kings have stockpiled so much young and upcoming talent for the last 3-4 years that there has got to be a combo they can come up with to get this guy.

vCash
    NEW RUMOR FOR KINGS!!!!!!!!!!
    Theyre looking both at Vincent Lecavalier and Ilya Kovalchuck!

The Lighting are asking for this:
    Jack Johnson, Wayne Simmonds, a prospect, and several draft picks for Lecavalier.

The Thrashers are asking for this:
    Jack Johnson and/or Oscar Moller or Wayne Simmonds, draft picks, and Brayden Schenn for Kovalchuck.

I honestly don't like the idea of both trades cause Kovy is a free agent after this season and Lecavalier..eh..Idk, cause he is slowing down, but who knows, with Kopitar and Co he might do better.

GM Dean Lombardi says he doesn't want any short rentals, so it looks like he's eying Lecavalier more than Kovalchuk.

THESE RUMORS ARE SHOWN ON ESPN MVP, ON VERIZON WIRELESS CELL PHONES.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by forum199 View Post
    Hmm, the best way to figure this out is to list the untouchables (besides obvious guys like Doughty, Kopitar, etc.)...

I would add Quick to that list of Doughty and Kopitar.

vCash

almost there...

There are a lot of Frolov trade remarks... however, we haven't seen him in the playoffs... I think it's too soon to sell him short. There are some guys you just don't want... they are not winners... something missing: Marleau, Hossa, Heatley... J Johnson is a good kid... but not enough hockey smarts... I'm not savvy to the dealings... but I'd sure like to play with Corey Perry instead of against him... thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snczippo View Post
    There are a lot of Frolov trade remarks... however, we haven't seen him in the playoffs... I think it's too soon to sell him short. There are some guys you just don't want... they are not winners... something missing: Marleau, Hossa, Heatley... J Johnson is a good kid... but not enough hockey smarts... I'm not savvy to the dealings... but I'd sure like to play with Corey Perry instead of against him... thoughts?

wtf are you blabbing about??.. kings blog not ducks.. blog dont ask questions... about cory perry........got it...

vCash
    Yo, we need a Dan Hamhuis type player

vCash
    There are a few I would like to see them get, but they won't do anything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123