Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Who do you want the kings to sign/trade for??

I say try and get the sedins or trade for heatley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kopitarfan81 View Post
    They need a center, one that can score and do it without giving up their best players like they always do.

vCash
    You wish..They do have the peices for Heatley though.

vCash

Heatley would be great

I say we make a pitch for heatley. He is definately the star we need. Frolov and johnson would be fine with me. Frolov is good but not great and Johnson is looking for a lot of money. Besides, with the recent good drafting, we have good defensemen on the way like teubert and hickey. I would love if we kept the 5 pick though, evander kane would look good in a kings uni. I really hope we don't go ahead with that Pronger for Johnson and the 5 pick I heard rumored to happen. After so many years off rebuilding, why trade away 2 young good players for an aging defensemen. BUT FOR HEATLEY HELLS YA......

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorJay99 View Post
    I say we make a pitch for heatley. He is definately the star we need. Frolov and johnson would be fine with me. Frolov is good but not great and Johnson is looking for a lot of money. Besides, with the recent good drafting, we have good defensemen on the way like teubert and hickey. I would love if we kept the 5 pick though, evander kane would look good in a kings uni. I really hope we don't go ahead with that Pronger for Johnson and the 5 pick I heard rumored to happen. After so many years off rebuilding, why trade away 2 young good players for an aging defensemen. BUT FOR HEATLEY HELLS YA......

frolov was the only king to score on a regular bases while missing a few games andfor the first time was consistent. johnsons dad wants him to get the money not him, he wants to stay in la but daddy apparently knows better and wants more haha

vCash
    Hey Kopitarfan, is that seriously the deal with Jack Johnson? What is up with this guy? He is hardly an All-Star yet, and he wants to be traded for the second time in his NHL career? We saw Hextall go crazy when asked about Dany Heatley. How are the Kings going to react to his trade request? That sucks his dad is one of those type of dads, I remember how annoying Eric Lindros and his family came to be in the NHL.
    I'm pretty sure that there is absolutely no way in hell we go near Heatley because we have to give up value (Frolov? Trevor Lewis? Schenn?) just for the right to pay him a ridiculous 7.5 mil a year. Why do that when you can just splurge on Sedins, Hossa, or even Gaborik? Let's keep all our young talent, and just add a couple of established studs.
    BTW, how big of a steal did the Flames get with Jay-Boo?? 5 years and 6.6 mil for supposedly a 25 year old franchise-caliber, annual Norris contender defenseman? Was he not the top FA on the market?

vCash
    you guys get ryan smyth

vCash
    im glad we get smyth!

but yea forum199 this is alot like the Lindros thing with Johnson. rumors were he was going to go to russia for a season then come back. He really just wants to play he was happy as a kings it was just the injury that bummed him out and his dad thinks after 1 1/2 seasons of play he is worth more than 4 million a year. He will be a greater player and i think Lombardi will try to keep him long term but if he cant look for him to try to go to detroit...where he is from or pittsburg ( his best friend in high school was Crosby).

vCash
    im glad we get smyth!

but yea forum199 this is alot like the Lindros thing with Johnson. rumors were he was going to go to russia for a season then come back. He really just wants to play he was happy as a kings it was just the injury that bummed him out and his dad thinks after 1 1/2 seasons of play he is worth more than 4 million a year. He will be a greater player and i think Lombardi will try to keep him long term but if he cant look for him to try to go to detroit...where he is from or pittsburg ( his best friend in high school was Crosby).
    If we can't work something out with him, we definitely should use him to acquire a 1st-line winger. What about a straight swap of Jack Johnson for Phil Kessel? I think Boston could use young defense and we definitely could use Kessel's 36 goals.

vCash
    I like what the Kings have done... sometimes the best move is not to make the big move. Heatly would cost mucho dinero, lots of our coveted young talent and he has been a cancer everywhere he has gone. Our goaltender situation this year at camp will be a heated battle between 3 very good young guys with Quick, Ersberg, and Bernier that should push one of them into our #1 guy or #1a #1b. No one can argue that our blueline is going to be very very very good for years to come plus the veteran addition of Scuds. We signed Smyth who can net it when healthy and can provide some much needed veteran leadership. I love our 1st round draft pick, from what I have seen and heard he is a Dustin Brown kind of do-it-all gritty guy. So lets hold on to what we have and continue the Lombardi plan and see how it works. I think this year is hump year, and we will get back into the playoffs and be competitive.

vCash
    Kings get Briere, van Riesdyk, Carcillo, Jones

Flyers get Schenn, Doughty, and 2010 1st round pick.
    Last edited by thecro88; 07-31-2009 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thecro88 View Post

hahahahahahahaha you wish...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thecro88 View Post

i hope youre joking!!! you want 3 first rounders for that??? i wouldnt get rid of doughty for anyone... he is gonna be a tremendous offensive defensemen for our kings!!!! schenn with brown would be a tough combo to play against

vCash
    jones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agar81 View Post
    jones
    wtf?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast