Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Recommended Sites

Here are some sites that I use a lot and would strongly recommend. Maybe others can recommend their own as well, here are my top 5:

1. FanGraphs Baseball - This is by far the best baseball site out there IMO. They cover so much and are expanding. Advanced statistics, projection systems, batted ball data, minor league data, and the articles. The articles fantastic, and they branch out to other sites without hesitation. It's extremely user-friendly as you can post your own comments and ask questions. You should have this bookmarked, this is #1.

2. The Hardball Times - This site is very similar to FanGraphs in that there's a lot of useful content on it. I'm not a big fan of the layout so that sometimes bothers me. One of my favorite tools here is PrOPS. They also have one of the most complete glossaries.

3. StatCorner - Simple, and amazing. They're limited (good or bad) to the best stats for pitching and offense (tRA and wOBA), and I love their layout. You can look at total team production as well as a very efficient way of sorting the leaders in their stats. The way they break their few stats down is incredible.

4. First Inning - One of the first advanced sites I began to use, but since FanGraphs took off it really has little use. However, I do love their batted ball charts (here) and they have adequate prospect info. It may be on its last years though, as it needs some reconstruction.

5. Baseball-Reference - Not a bad beginner's site, as the player pages layouts are nice and keep the traditional statistics in plain view. I use this mostly for things like splits, team stats, league stats, etc.

Please share.

vCash
    You hit the ones I look @ regularly.

vCash
    Very good. I needed a list like this.

vCash
    This isn't sabermetric related, but for some reason I really love using the baseball cube. Maybe I just find it easiest to see minor league and major league stats for a player.

I also like the Speed, Power, etc. ratings they have, even though they're not great. But it's based simply on numbers so I think it can be a useful reference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    This isn't sabermetric related, but for some reason I really love using the baseball cube. Maybe I just find it easiest to see minor league and major league stats for a player.

I also like the Speed, Power, etc. ratings they have, even though they're not great. But it's based simply on numbers so I think it can be a useful reference.
    I was about to say the same thing.

The ratings are a bit off though, you're right. A guy like C.J. Woodrow has 2 90+ rankings, and yet he's playing A ball with me in Minnesota here.

vCash

vCash
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash

vCash
    Quick stat corner query. Perhaps it's just been my ignorance when I've been on the site, but is there a way to get career totals on any of the stats. For example, they'll list wOBA for every season, but not a career wOBA.

vCash
    Well I don't believe they do that simply because they use wOBA*, and the park factors change year to year, so it'd be more work to find career totals for it. As for simple wOBA, who knows, but FanGraphs does it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantes4Life View Post
    Well I don't believe they do that simply because they use wOBA*, and the park factors change year to year, so it'd be more work to find career totals for it. As for simple wOBA, who knows, but FanGraphs does it.
    Fair enough.

vCash
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/

They have pretty good splits, thats all I use them for.

Then StatCorner and Fangraphs