Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? All my life, even as a young child I always watched read the paper.
    2. Who are your favorite teams? Oakland A's, and Cubs
    3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? Oh yes. I was probably one of the earliest people who used Sabermetrics on this forum. I loved it. Sadly all the newer stuff has passed me by a bit. I rely on others.
    4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? the newer stuff, and a focus on defense.
    5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions? Yea keep the fighting and nonsense to a minimum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    1. How long have you been following baseball?
    2. Who are your favorite teams?
    3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics?
    4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics?
    5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions?
    1) 51 Years.
    2) Chicago Cubs
    3) To a degree
    4) Primarily how people can put so much value into stats that are based a lot in theory, or what "SHOULD" be, rather than what IS.
    5) Are Sabermetrics actually intersting to people or is it just a math thing? Its a game..not a math practice.

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? around 1990 (I was 5) started playing little league and watching MLB with my dad
    2. Who are your favorite teams? Phillies and Twins
    3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? I like to think so, but am probably a n00b at them
    4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? Everything, I find it highly interesting
    5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions?

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? Became a fan in my youth (late 70's), lost interest as Steinbrenner got rid of my favorite players. Got back into it in 1993 thanks to college roommate, Buck Showalter and Steinbrenner's ban.
    2. Who are your favorite teams? Yankees
    3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? Conceptually, yes. Couldn't really hold a conversation about it or explain it in any depth.
    4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? Have a comfortable familiarity with the esoteric terms, and a better understanding of the rationale behind the "new" stats.

vCash
    Why am I only now seeing this little area? I'm going to blame Jilly for not directly informing me about this, because otherwise it would be my fault, and that can't be right.

1. How long have you been following baseball? My first words were "Holy Cow!"

2. Who are your favorite teams? Cubs are #1. Cards are #30. All the rest are tied in the middle.

3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? Does knowing that Wins are a shittastic indicator of talent count?

4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? Why doesn't the Runs Created stat have the highest correlation to run production?

5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions? There's plenty of things I'd like to learn about and I've got buckets full of suggestions, but none of them really apply to this topic.

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? 3 and a half years as an actual fan, 6 years as a casual fan
    2. Who are your favorite teams? Yankees
    3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? Not really, I'm here to learn
    4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? Anything and everything
    5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions? Great idea for a forum

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? 2002-2003
    2. Who are your favorite teams? Marlins
    3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? Nothing, I just want to learn.
    4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? Everything
    5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions? No.
    DUKE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123