Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? 1996, I think.

2. Who are your favorite teams? San Francisco Giants

3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? Very little.

4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? Everything. Mainly the essentials consisting of WAR.

5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions?
    Just want a new perspective on the game.

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? For as long as I can remember.
    2. Who are your favorite teams? Giants and Rays.
    3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? Hell yeah.
    4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? Nothing, really. Just advancing my knowledge. Quantifying catcher defense is something I'm interested in.
    5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions? Nah, I'm good. Glad to see that we finally have a SABR forum.
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? - Probably started getting seriously interested about 8-10 years ago.
    2. Who are your favorite teams? - Red Sox
    3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? - Yes
    4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? - Not really sure.......anything I don't already know I would be interested in learning more about.
    5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions? Read up I guess

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? As long as I can remember
    2. Who are your favorite teams? White Sox
    3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? Quite Familiar
    4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? Stuff I don't know, more fielding preferably
    5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions? nope.

vCash
    For Life
    Red Sox
    For the most part

How they get to certain conclusions from their formulas

and i dunno i guess other stuff
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? Since T-ball
    2. Who are your favorite teams? A's
    3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? For the most part
    4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? Whatever I haven't learned
    5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions? Free Kraut

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? 4 years with increasing intensity
    2. Who are your favorite teams? Jays are 1st in my heart. i also like the Braves, Cardinals, Twins, Rays, and Cubs organizations
    3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? somewhat, i am just starting to teach myself online
    4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? as much as possible
    Last edited by Matt-the-great; 06-25-2009 at 05:28 PM.

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? Pretty much since I was old enough to understand what I was watching. So about 16 or 17 years.

2. Who are your favorite teams? Phillies. I also cheer for the Rays- call me a bandwagon fan on that if you want, but I never said I liked them before they stopped sucking. I just love how their team is put together and love watching them play.

3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? Yes, though not as much as I'd like to be.

4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? How to calculate certain things myself, such as WAR. More about pitch and hit f/x. More about the prominent projection systems. Pretty much anything that I don't already know.

5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions? Let's keep this forum popping.

vCash
    1. A little bit since I was a kid, then in 03 I became a more regular fan, then around late 04 early 05 is when I became fanatical like I am now.

2. Cubs. And my stepdad's a Bosox fan so I like them a lot too. And I also have a soft spot for the Braves.

3. Yes. I'm a math nerd.

4. Learn more about batted balls an what they imply.

5. For the other stuff I'd like to learn, anything interesting really. For the suggestion, it's that everyone keep it civil

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? I've been a Cubs fan since I was born, but I really got into the game in 1998. And I've been a stat freak for the last 5-6 years or so now.

2. Who are your favorite teams? Cubs. If I had to pick another NL team, it'd probably be the Braves. If I had an AL team, it'd probably be the Twins.

3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? Yep.

4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? Nothing in particular, just a good amount of everything. I like seeing the origins and thoughts behind these stats and I like checking to make sure they're legitimate.

5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions? I encourage people to research statistics and understand how they're calculated before they use them because they're popular. This forum has great potential for discussion, so keep an open mind.

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? Since around 2001 I payed a little more attention than usual. Been pretty much hooked since.

2. Who are your favorite teams? Yankees.

3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? I've heard of them, but know very little about them or much understanding of them. They seem pretty interesting. They are maybe a bit beyond me in terms of math.

4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? I'd like a decent knowledge of them so I can judge whether or not they are useful to me and my understanding/enjoyment of the game.

5. Anything else you would like to learn about, or any suggestions? Sabermetrics for beginners might be quite useful for me. I don't really wanna jump in at the deep end and demonstrate that my sabermetrics ability is limited.

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball? Err, as a kid, but hardcore for a couple of years.
    2. Who are your favorite teams? Cubs, and White Sox when they're not playing the Cubs (yeah, I know)
    3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics? noooooooo.
    4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics? everything.

vCash
    1. How long have you been following baseball?

Since I could comprehend the basic gist of the game.

2. Who is your favorite team?

Chicago White Sox

3. Are you familiar with sabermetrics?

Yes, quite familiar.

4. What do you want to learn about sabermetrics?

Learn the more in depth formula's of the metrics that guys like Tom Tango use, and branch off of that to create more accurate and efficient statistics.

we all should write letters to Jeff Francoeur asking him about the importance of on base percentage.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

vCash

Since I was young, started following more closely few years ago.

2. Who is your favorite team?

Jays

A little bit, this site alerted me to their existence. I have becoming more and more familiar with wOBA and defensive metrics but there is alot I don't know about those ones and all the others

Pretty much everything as I am limited in what I know.

Just excited to expand my knowledge.

vCash
    --Since I was about 5 or 6 (10 years)
    2. Who are your favorite teams?
    ---The Cubs for sure, but I was a closet Rays fan for a while
    --Yeah for the most part. I mainly use things like wOBA, BABIP and occasionally WAR and win shares. NOthing too major
    --Anything I don't already know (which is a lot)
    Thanks JO-MO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast