Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Judge and Bellinger leading their respective leagues in HR

I assume this has never been done this far into the season, 2 rookies leading?

Now 46 HR combined, both slugging over 650... Judge 1.144 OPS

Predictions???
    Last edited by amnesiac; 06-20-2017 at 11:22 PM.

And Bellinger wasn't even on the big league roster during the first three weeks of the season. That's what makes it so impressive for him.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Pretty cool. The question is whether either will break McGwire's rookie record of 49.

I don't think I'd bet on either doing it despite their current pace.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Pretty cool. The question is whether either will break McGwire's rookie record of 49.

It's going to be close. Would be interesting to see how many more Bellinger would have had he started the season in LA.

I'd love to see them both finish with 50+, would be pretty amazing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

.220/.260/.382
    A-BOMBS: 8
    RBI:28

This is so very impressive

Judging players by HR's alone is not SC (Sabermetricalogically Correct). It's the fips, babips, oba, woba, ops, black-ops, photo-ops, wars, r-wars, d-wars, and star-wars that count.

"They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Judging players by HR's alone is not SC (Sabermetricalogically Correct). It's the fips, babips, oba, woba, ops, black-ops, photo-ops, wars, r-wars, d-wars, and star-wars that count.

The SC mainstream didn't see either player coming, either, which is interesting.

This is incredible. We have an era in baseball right now that would rival any other in history. Wave after wave of superstars have entered the league in the last few years and these 2 are joining the ranks quickly. Judge is having the greatest rookie season that I can think of. I don't mean to disrespect Bellinger, but he has a 100 point advantage in OBP. The season he's having is unreal, for any player. To be a 25 year old rookie, is unfathomable.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB13 View Post
    The SC mainstream didn't see either player coming, either, which is interesting.
    They were both highly rated prospects...

Bellinger being top 10 or even top 5 in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB13 View Post
    Advanced Stats are Descriptive, not Predictive.

This has been your daily reminder not to ask things of #s that they do not say.

Both were highly touted prospects, with Yankees fans and scouts literally gushing over Judge becoming New York's Stanton.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

I think Judge is a legit threat to break it, Bellinger I think will cool off.

Both still outstanding players and exactly what this game needs.

Oh yeah. I'd say both are legitimate threats to break it. Just saying I wouldn't bet on it. Adjustments will be made and they'll each slow down in all likelihood.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

That's pretty ****ing awesome that two rookies are doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah. I'd say both are legitimate threats to break it. Just saying I wouldn't bet on it. Adjustments will be made and they'll each slow down in all likelihood.
    What adjustments would you make for Judge?

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    It's going to be close. Would be interesting to see how many more Bellinger would have had he started the season in LA.

I'd love to see them both finish with 50+, would be pretty amazing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Also, I think Judge was in a platoon situation to start the year, but I am not sure how long that part-time role lasted for to be honest. I definitely think one, if not both, will surpass McGwire's rookie record.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast