Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is the current squad "enough?"

I feel as if their is an elephant in the room that everyone is avoiding. Are people not concerned about not having a legit #2 option that can create his own shot? Our depth looks great on paper and we have the potential to be very efficient. However, I'm worried that this lingering issue will come back playoff time. We know Rose will be trapped or guarded by LBJ (if we meet Cleveland). The Bulls haven't proven to me that we can counter this. Thoughts?

vCash
    What formula did Spurs used to beat Miami? What do they have to counter Miami?

vCash
    Spurs leading playoff scorer was 18 they did it with 9 guys scoring around 10 ppg. We probably have that kind of depth and a better lead scorer. Not to mention with our D if we get 100 it's almost a guaranteed win

vCash
    Btw who's avoiding it. I've been arguing with the theory of not having a 2nd star scorer on here the past month!!!

vCash
    I think one of the greatest acquisition here is Pau Gasol. He can score in a lot of ways and can pass the ball. With him and Noah, D.Rose can play off the ball. Something in D.Rose domination the ball is wrong. Spurs passing and ball rotation was amazing. For me, there defense and ball movement won them the championship.

We can replicate that IMHO. Noah, Pau and MDJ are high IQ good passer players. It will take discipline for this team to win the championship. Good thing we have a lot of people who can space the floor. I'm also looking forward for Brooks to step up. He can really relieve Kirk. And Brooks could eat McBuckets minutes, if Thibs maks kirk the back-up SG.

This is going to be a 60 win team for sure.

vCash
    The LeBron shutting down Rose thing is so blown out of proportion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 72 Wins View Post
    I feel as if their is an elephant in the room that everyone is avoiding. Are people not concerned about not having a legit #2 option that can create his own shot? Our depth looks great on paper and we have the potential to be very efficient. However, I'm worried that this lingering issue will come back playoff time. We know Rose will be trapped or guarded by LBJ (if we meet Cleveland). The Bulls haven't proven to me that we can counter this. Thoughts?
    It's ok we have Kirk Hinrich

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    Spurs 3pt shot was phenomenal....I don't know if another team can replicate their shooting in that series.

vCash
    The Bulls have enough this year. It will be other teams that won't have enough for us.
    Everyone is used to playing a Bulls team that has little to no offense and no Rose. They have had the answer for those Bulls teams. But as far as this year's Bulls team... If the Bulls stay healthy, teams won't have enough.
    This team is too battle tested, experienced, deep, talented, athletic, well coached, versatile and just too hungry.

vCash
    If all healthy they are enough.

vCash
    Wow... Great timing by Aggrey for this thread:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=313943

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    btw who's avoiding it. I've been arguing with the theory of not having a 2nd star scorer on here the past 4 years!!!
    ftfy

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    2 -3 primary ball handlers and one of the best big men of all time, we lack at least one, if not 2 primary ball handlers. The only second biggest question i have is, who steps up when Rose gets doubled, and the first question is Rose's health.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    2 -3 primary ball handlers and one of the best big men of all time, we lack at least one, if not 2 primary ball handlers. The only second biggest question i have is, who steps up when Rose gets doubled, and the first question is Rose's health.
    Boom

vCash
    Why do we have to duplicate the Spurs? I don't agree with that at all. They were constructed to win against the Miami defense. Did everybody forget they almost lost to the Mavs and got lucky in the OKC series when Ibaka got hurt?

We do not have the players to play like the Spurs nor do we need to. The Miami Big 3 era is over, they won't play D like that anymore. We have to play to our strenghts and that's spacing the **** out of the floor with shooters like MDJ, Dougie and Mirotic to give Derrick breathing room for his drives and a high-post passing offense with a high frequecy of cutting players.

The Spurs didn't duplicate the former champions, as did the Heat back in 2012, why should the Bulls do that now? We need to make up our own identity.

Just bc a lot of people here talk about the Spurs. They started their process in the late 90s when they drafted the best big man of our generation. We didn't. And we don't have to. There more paths to a championchip. The Spurs, by the way, played the first year like that, they reinvented themselves. That's, what we really have to duplicate, we need to reinvent ourselves, especially our offense. And Thibs experimenting with high post passing sets was a good step in that direction imo.
    Last edited by UnbeataBull; 07-23-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast