Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Roberto Luongo wins the inaugural Scotiabank NHL Fan Fav award

Vancouver's Roberto Luongo is one of the NHL's biggest stars. We knew that already, right Canucks fans? But now it's crystal clear that the top-tier goalie is beloved by a wide swatch of NHL fans. He won the inaugural Scotiabank NHL Fan Fav award Thursday night.

"It's been a tough season with my first major injury," Luongo said to NHL.com. "I am especially honored the fans still voted for me."

Luongo, who just finished his fourth consecutive season of 33 or more wins, emerged from a multi-stage selection process that included selection of weekly winners during CBC's Hockey Night in Canada telecasts via balloting at NHL.com. A panel of NHL experts narrowed the weekly winners list to 10 and fans voted for the grand winner on NHL.com. Fan and contest winner Anthony Cruz was a co-presenter of the award with San Jose Sharks center Jeremy Roenick.

Reporters at a midday reception of nominees asked Luongo about how free agency might affect the Canucks -- and his potential signing of any long-term contract.

"We'll see what happens with the [Sedin] twins," Luongo said. "It's too early for me to talk about a deal. We'll have to see who comes back and decide after that. I know the Canucks management wants a winner."
    canucks news
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    cool

lol

vCash
    hey, we've had a lot of stressful news lately (about the sedins), that i wanted to share something fun and positive. Plus, I'm glad one of our guys won. Woulda been nice if Kes coulda won as well.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Yeah and this is also another example of why we can't/shouldn't trade Lu for those who still think we should. He's super popular and brings some added attention to us