Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Kings Predictably Sit Out the Market

With over 15 million avaliable in cap room and not a lot of holes to fill, the Kings have sat idle and watched Jay Boouwester, Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Marian Hossa, and inevitably Dany Heatley join other teams. I'm not going to jump on them completely yet because they were certainly up against the odds at almost all those guys, and I can't argue them not giving Hossa 12 years. However, the Kings history is less than stellar in terms of committing money to big-time players. I hope they have a plan in place to improve this team. No one argue the impact one or two dominant offensive players can have on this team.

Potential Targets: Marian Gaborik, Vinny Lecavelier, Phil Kessel, Alex Tanguay

vCash
    According to the L.A Times, the Sens asked for Schenn, Dustin Brown, and a defenseman for Dany Heatley. Lol. He will not be coming to LA. On the other hand, Gaborik's agent is from Southern California. I'd say the battle for Gaborik is between the Rangers, Wild, and Kings. Given his injury history, he might agree to a shorter deal if the salary is right. I'd offer him 3 years and 16 million. He'd get 5.3 mil annually, right in tune with the top free agent salaries and enough security to make him rich for the rest of his life. The Kings meanwhile would land an All-Star for three years with the potential to raise his game to an ultra-elite level.

vCash
    If gaborik is off the table next then i dont know what to do as a kings fan anymore.

vCash
    The Kings need to sign two top tier player to go along with their young core, if they don't I dont think I can stand one more year of "Wait till next year".

vCash
    The Kings will do nothing like always, they don't care about us.

vCash
    The kings are almost complete with their rebuild, I don't see why all of you are depressed. All they need now is experience and it's a good idea to stay out of big contracts that could ruin signing all your young players in the future. Have faith in your gm he's better than a lot of the others.

And Sophi I said the same thing about the Caps but look where they are now. Those were the worst 3 1/2 seasons I have ever sat through as a season ticket holder but I still held my tickets. Your team is on their way just let them complete the last stage.
    Last edited by chocolayo; 07-02-2009 at 07:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolayo View Post
    The kings are almost complete with their rebuild, I don't see why all of you are depressed. All they need now is experience and it's a good idea to stay out of big contracts that could ruin signing all your young players in the future. Have faith in your gm he's better than a lot of the others.

And Sophi I said the same thing about the Caps but look where they are now. Those were the worst 3 1/2 seasons I have ever sat through as a season ticket holder but I still held my tickets. Your team is on their way just let them complete the last stage.
    I don't know how long you have been a king fan, but I have since 1972 and they are always doing this and more so since the Great one left. Always rebuilding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolayo View Post

There's a difference. You guys drafted Ovechkin, we don't have a player his caliber. All we need is a top tier forward who can score like a Heatley, Gaborik or Hossa and then we'll be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    Even though they are just rumors, its not fun to hear that the Kings possibly are avoiding spending money because the Anschultz group has suffered massive losses with the LA Galaxy (thanks Beckham) and now with the death of Michael Jackson (not exactly sure how this relates - Staples Center, concerts, etc.). A lot of young talent who can fill roles and make this team fun to watch, yet only semi-compete (like last year) might be satisfying enough to our Colorado-residing owner if he can save 10-11 mil a year by avoiding the cap and paying a top FA, yet reasonably fill up the seats (cuz of our loyalty). I mean, what is the reason for avoiding every decent FA out there? It's almost inexplicable.

vCash
    The Kings stand pat on signing free agents and when they do decide to sign someone is a defenseman. Don't we already have Doughty, Quincy, Johnson, Green, and O'Donnell. And, don't we have good yound defensemen waiting in the wing in Drewiske, Hickey, Teubert, and Voinov. I just don't understand this move.

vCash
    ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophi127 View Post
    The Kings stand pat on signing free agents and when they do decide to sign someone is a defenseman. Don't we already have Doughty, Quincy, Johnson, Green, and O'Donnell. And, don't we have good yound defensemen waiting in the wing in Drewiske, Hickey, Teubert, and Voinov. I just don't understand this move.
    I wonder if Jack Johnson is on the move in a deal for a forward (or I'm HOPING).

Potential Offer 1: Jack Johnson, Trevor Lewis, a 1st round pick in 2010, and a 2nd round pick in 2011 for Dany Heatley

Potential Offer 2: Jack Johnson, Trevor Lewis, and a 2nd round pick in 2010 for Phil Kessel.