Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeebus82 View Post

Welcome back ick.

LOL THX but I'm just being honest Ozzy is getting paid to not play and he hasnt showed up at all Draper and Maltby have done nothing all season and Hudler has more points than both of them combined LOL and well bertuzzi seems to have lost a step after the winter break... Lebda? Do I have to comment? I respect all five but they have got to go. Although I do like Bertuzzi just I think Hudler is a better fit.

The player that keeps suprising me is Holmstrom...the guy plays his *** off every night. I would like to see this out of Draper and Malby again.

What's up with that nasty sig Jee? I'm about to send my sig to work so I can upload and show off a true school
    Pavel Datsyuk could stickhandle in a phone booth! Johan Franzen could knock over the phone booth!

LGRW!

vCash
    Homer, Bert, Williams, Maltby, Lidstrom, Lilja, and Lebda are all UFA's. Thats a ton of cap. We will probably resign Homer and Lidstrom (if he comes back obviously). The other guys seem really up in the air. We have quite a few RFA's as well that need to be resigned, Helm and Eaves as well as Miller perhaps.

Kenny could go a few different directions. We could resign a bunch of guys and look pretty much the same, or we could let a bunch of guys walk and go after a few free agents, or go after one big one. I'm excited to see what happens.

vCash
    Lids for 4.5
    homer1.5-2
    Malts .5
    lilja 1.5
    huddles 3

eaves 2
    helmer1.5

miller walks
    lebda walks
    Williams walks

I have no clue where that would put us in the cap. I was just throwing out some numbers lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ickdiculous View Post
    LOL THX but I'm just being honest Ozzy is getting paid to not play and he hasnt showed up at all Draper and Maltby have done nothing all season and Hudler has more points than both of them combined LOL and well bertuzzi seems to have lost a step after the winter break... Lebda? Do I have to comment? I respect all five but they have got to go. Although I do like Bertuzzi just I think Hudler is a better fit.

The player that keeps suprising me is Holmstrom...the guy plays his *** off every night. I would like to see this out of Draper and Malby again.

What's up with that nasty sig Jee? I'm about to send my sig to work so I can upload and show off a true school
    What school would that be? LOL

Like I said, I would love to bring Huds back. AND I really wouldn't mind bringing big Bert back either. I think he still has good puck skills and he brings some grit and a big body into the mix.

Any word on if the cap is going to go up at all? I mean, the league has to see how it has really handcuffed MOST teams. Alot of deals COULD have happened at the deadline, but didn't because of the cap.
    HUGE Props to wileyisTOFU for the sig

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wileyro...7621533179324/

Quote Originally Posted by lionsfourlife View Post
    Possibly if Jesus himself was entering the draft.

vCash
    Hudler signed a two-year deal with Dynamo Moscow. He has one year left.

If/when Hudler returns to the NHL, there is an arbitrated 2 year deal for 5.75 million.
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash

re. Ozzy, do you suggest the Wings just release him and go without an experienced backup with a rookie in net?

re. Draper: he is doing precisely what he is employed to do. Maltby is injured (and is doing the team a huge favor cap wise, as Bailz pointed out)..

re. Bertuzzi: he filled in nicely while the snipers were out. He is probably the main reason they treaded water during the injuries. Now that they are back, he is fantastic depth, which is exactly what Kenny envisioned him as.

btw, as I posted earlier, Hudler signed a two year contract in the KHL. He has one year left. Earliest you will see him is September 2011, if he returns to the NHL.
    Last edited by StealingSigns; 03-18-2010 at 01:55 AM.

vCash
    Apparently Hud's agent told Kenny that his contract has an 'out' option after one year, but Hudler is not sure if thats true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Jam Hammer View Post
    Apparently Hud's agent told Kenny that his contract has an 'out' option after one year, but Hudler is not sure if thats true.
    This is the problem: Huds doesn't even trust his agent after the deal he made. NHL (and the Wings) originally contested the KHL contract, but backed off. There were major lawyers fees involved, so I am inclined to believe the KHL contract is indeed valid (as much as I hate it).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StealingSigns View Post
    re. Ozzy, do you suggest the Wings just release him and go without an experienced backup with a rookie in net?

re. Draper: he is doing precisely what he is employed to do. Maltby is injured (and is doing the team a huge favor cap wise, as Bailz pointed out)..

re. Bertuzzi: he filled in nicely while the snipers were out. He is probably the main reason they treaded water during the injuries. Now that they are back, he is fantastic depth, which is exactly what Kenny envisioned him as.

btw, as I posted earlier, Hudler signed a two year contract in the KHL. He has one year left. Earliest you will see him is September 2011, if he returns to the NHL.
    Ozzy comment -- Yes, We are playing with a Rookie right now aren't we? When was the last time you seen "experince" win us a game?

Draper comment -- I would like to see him score, not skate.

Bertuzzi comment -- yeah i like the man and would like him resigned
    Pavel Datsyuk could stickhandle in a phone booth! Johan Franzen could knock over the phone booth!

LGRW!

vCash
    Ozzy comment -- Yes, We are playing with a Rookie right now aren't we? When was the last time you seen "experince" win us a game?

Draper comment -- I would like to see him score, not skate.

Bertuzzi comment -- yeah i like the man and would like him resigned
    Ozzy does not make that much money. He is a perfect backup for Jimmy.

Draper has been really good this year. The Draper, Helm, Eaves line has been our most consistent all year. He has never been a scorer, why do you expect that of him now? Your fourth lines is not a scoring line.

vCash
    Draper is garbage! His experience and longevity is the only reason he wears the "A".

LGRW!

vCash
    Draper is garbage! His experience and longevity is the only reason he wears the "A".
    That's your opinion. I doubt you will find many who agree.

vCash
    Drop ozzy, draper and maltby, lebda and bertuzzi for Hudler. The guy has more skill then all of them combined!
    That's just awful. Draper, Ozzy and Maltby will all retire a Wing. Ozzy will probally retire after next season, and it's not like we need a better backup as Howard's had a phenomical season. Draps and Maltby are some of the better fourth liners in the league and I'm guessing it won't take much to resign them. I'm fine with Bertuzzi gone as to be honest, he isn't the best skater which is causing him to take too many penalties. I'd perfer Lebda over Liljia, but I think Lebda will be the odd man out. Who knows, maybe Holland resigns them both as Ericsson hasn't had a strong 2010. I'll be honest, I'd take Eaves over Hudler. I don't like what Hudler did to us one bit, it was just an awful thing to do. Miller may earn himself back next year, and I hope we keep Williams. I don't expect many deals this summer, if at all. I don't think we'll get Hudler back either as he's making more in the KHL, plus he's all about the money.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
    Franzen - Zetterberg - Cleary
    Eaves - Helm - Draper
    Maltby - Abdelkader - Miller

Lidstrom - Rafalski
    Kronwall - Stuart
    Lebda/Liljia/Ericsson (Any of the them)

Howard
    Ozzy

is fine for me next season, although I really hope we resign Jason Williams. Eaves is a good enough player to play as a top six forward if we get injuries or struggles too.

vCash
    Come on, ick......

Drapes has never been a big offensive force, but he brings so much more to the team. He's always been a good 3rd/4th line guy. He's great on the Kill, and he's still very good taking faceoffs. And he's obviously a good leader or he wouldn't be given the "A." There is alot more to do with it than experience and longevity.
    HUGE Props to wileyisTOFU for the sig

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wileyro...7621533179324/

Quote Originally Posted by lionsfourlife View Post
    Possibly if Jesus himself was entering the draft.

vCash
    The Detroit Red Wings are reportedly interested in Norwegian Olympic star Mats Zuccarello-Aasen, a 5-foot-7, 154-pound forward who caught many eyes in Vancouver.

Previously, Wings VP Steve Yzerman said he noticed MZA, and now there are reports from MZA's agent, Erik Ryan, that the Wings are showing interest. Ryan tells Aftonbladet, via MLive.com, "(Detroit) is a team that plays the type of hockey that suits him best. For Mats, (it is) stupid to come to a team that is defensive. He should rather come to a team playing offensive hockey, with more give and go. In addition, they must believe in Mats, his style of play, and I think Detroit does."

OK, so maybe the Wings haven't actually expressed interest. But it looks like MZA wants to play there, so that's a step. MLive's George Malik predicts that, if Jiri Hudler stays in Russia, MZA's chances of signing in Detroit increase. However, the Wings are unlikely to outbid some of the other teams in the running: the Chicago Blackhawks, Dallas Stars and Atlanta Thrashers.

(From ESPN insider)

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast