Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trades, Signings, Prospects, and Rumors Thread

For articles of trades, signings or rumors.

Note: If you have any news, please feel free to create a new thread on it! This is just a thread for me to keep older news in for forum cleanliness and organization. Feel free to discuss in here, too. But, it should be based on articles or sports reports.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Obviously rotoworld isn't the most reliable site but here's a few:

Ville Leino does not want to play in the AHL next season.

"I don't want to play in the American League anymore," Leino said. "I won't do that." His statement makes it sound as though he would bolt back to Europe if he cannot make the team out of training camp next year, but only time will tell regarding that issue. For now it sounds as though Leino, Darren Helm, and defenseman Jonathan Ericsson will begin the 2009-10 campaign with the Red Wings, according to comments made by coach Mike Babcock. Jun. 16 - 7:20 am et

Marian Hossa made it clear that he wants a long-term deal and that his top choice is to stay with the Red Wings.

"Detroit is on the top of my list, for sure," he said. "I don't feel like moving all the time." Hossa is not interested in signing another one-year contract though, as he wants more stability. It will be interesting to see if he takes less money to stay in Detroit, or if he chooses to test the open market where a bidding war could be fierce for his services. Hossa's potential signing will also have an impact on several other players on the Wings, including free agents Jiri Hudler (restricted), Mikael Samuelsson, Ty Conklin and Tomas Kopecky. Stay tuned. Jun. 16 - 7:29 am et

vCash

Red Wings wait for answer from Marian Hossa; other forwards could be leaving Detroit,

"DETROIT -- When the dust settles from this year's free-agent frenzy, the Detroit Red Wings could part ways with as many as four forwards who played for them during the postseason -- Marian Hossa, Mikael Samuelsson, Jiri Hudler and Tomas Kopecky.

At least two or three won't be back, perhaps all of them.

So when NHL free agency begins Wednesday, the Red Wings could be in the market for a forward or two.

But they don't have much money to spend. They have 19 players signed -- including nine forwards -- for roughly $53.5 million. The salary cap for 2009-10 is $56.8 million.

That leaves about $3 million to spend on three forwards. Hossa alone would cost them between $4 million and $4.5 million a year -- if he accepts their take-it-or-leave offer of a long-term deal.

General manager Ken Holland said Monday that he is not in a position to negotiate with Hossa. He is waiting for a response from Hossa's agent, Ritch Winter. The deadline is noon Wednesday, when free agents can begin talking with other teams.

"I've touched base with Ritch Winter every day, nothing really changes," Holland said. "I'm OK either way. I'd love to have him back, but at the same time, if they believe there's a better financial opportunity out there it was a tremendous one-year relationship.

"We tried to be creative with contracts. I've expressed to Ritch and Marian, 'Here's what we've got.' We walked through the numbers. I know he likes it here. I believe it's a tough decision for him."

Winter did not respond to a phone message.

Hossa's decision affects other players. Holland has met with Samuelsson's agent a couple of times but can't do anything until he knows for sure that Hossa won't return.

The Red Wings can't afford to give Samuelsson much more than the $1.2 million he earned last season, making his return unlikely, even if Hossa isn't re-signed.

Hudler is a restricted free agent who will get a significant raise from his $1.15 million salary after posting career-high totals in goals (23) and points (57). But if the Red Wings lock him up for $2.5 million a season, they won't have much left to sign one or two more forwards.

The Red Wings can at least get some compensation for Hudler (a draft pick) if he signs an offer sheet with another team that is too rich for them.

The Red Wings could use a couple of wingers with offensive ability to help compensate for the 82 goals they might lose with Hossa, Hudler and Samuelsson. One of those players will be restricted free agent Ville Leino, who would cost about $1 million to re-sign.

They also could use a physical, fourth-line presence in the mold of Dallas Drake. Kopecky, who never established himself as that type of player, will look for a better offer on the market and is not expected to return.

Some available free-agent forwards include rugged wingers Chris Neil of Ottawa and Ian Laperriere of Colorado and checking centers Samuel Pahlsson of Chicago and John Madden of New Jersey.

Former Red Wings forward Mike Knuble of Philadelphia would provide offense (six consecutive 20-goal seasons) and size (6-foot-3, 230). Lower-priced alternatives include Chad LaRose of Carolina, Mark Parrish of Dallas, and another former Red Wing, Matt Ellis of Buffalo.

The nine forwards signed for next season are Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Johan Franzen, Valtteri Filppula, Dan Cleary, Tomas Holmstrom, Kris Draper, Kirk Maltby and Darren Helm. Leino would be their 10th.

Justin Abdelkader could fill a spot as well, but the club has indicated he likely will start the season in Grand Rapids (AHL), where he would be better served playing more minutes.

The Red Wings are set on defense, where they have eight players under contract: Nicklas Lidstrom, Brian Rafalski, Niklas Kronwall, Brad Stuart, Jonathan Ericsson, Brett Lebda, Andreas Lilja and Derek Meech, who can fill in at forward.

Holland said they will carry only seven defensemen and will trade somebody after training camp, when he has a better idea on Lilja's status. Lilja has been idled since Feb. 28 with headaches and concussion-like symptoms. If Lilja is fine, Meech likely would be dealt."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....swer_from.html

vCash
    Wings offer Marian Hossa about $4 million per year

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland would still like to work out a deal for Marian Hossa, but knows he’ll have a solid team going to training camp either way.

Unless Hossa signs a long-term contract with a cap number around $4 million, he’ll hit the open market Wednesday. Free agents can sign contracts with new teams starting at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday.

“I’m willing to move a player or two if the cap number makes sense for us,” Holland said Monday night. “Other teams can offer a lot more money.

“We’ve made our decisions. I’m very comfortable with the core of our team. We’ve put our best foot forward with Marian. They know it. Marian and (agent) Ritch Winter have to look at all their options.”

If the Wings just sign restricted free agents Jiri Hudler and Ville Leino, they can still field a competitive team. Signing them gives the team 12 forwards. Eight defensemen are locked up, and Chris Osgood and Jimmy Howard are in net.

Holland said he wanted to see how Andreas Lilja, who missed the playoffs with a concussion, looks in training camp before making a decision on his defensive corps.

“I want to make sure Lilja’s healthy,” he said. “We’re going to trade one defenseman. We’re going to do nothing till we get to camp.”

Hossa stands to make much more if he becomes an unrestricted free agent Wednesday, although he would likely go to a team with less of a chance to capture the Stanley Cup.

Hossa signed a one-year, $7.45 million contract with the Wings last season.
    Freep

vCash
    Wow..."We’re going to trade one defenseman" that's a pretty strong quote to throw out there as a GM.

I think Hossa is gone....unless he doesn't want a follow the cash reputation and stays cheap. If he stays for the $4mil does that mean we have to lose Hudler?

vCash
    Yea, I'd assume that Lebda is gone - I can't see it being Raf, Ericsson, Kronner, or Stuart. Lebda gone will save $0.850 on the cap.

vCash
    Meech will be gone before Lebda.

vCash
    Ya know -- I wrote Lebda ... and I even looked as Lebda's contract numbers.

But, who I really meant was Lilja. He's got a $1.25 mil hit on the cap. If we can clear that number it will really help getting both Hud and Leino locked up.

vCash
    well he rejected so we should lock lieno fosho and get hudler back on the line he was so effective on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indi23 View Post
    well he rejected so we should lock lieno fosho and get hudler back on the line he was so effective on.

agreed

vCash
    Conklin to the Blues...

Jul 1, 11:09AM Conklin, Ty Detroit St. Louis $2.6M/2 yrs

vCash
    Good luck Conks!

vCash
    Red Wings sign Andy Delmore

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Red Wings, parent club of the Grand Rapids Griffins, on Tuesday signed defenseman Andy Delmore.

Delmore, 32, was the 2005-06 winner of the AHL’s Eddie Shore Award as the league’s best defenseman while playing for Syracuse, whose NHL affiliate Columbus had claimed him on waivers from the Red Wings on Oct. 4, 2005. That season, Delmore was also a member of the Canadian All-Star Team at the 2006 AHL All-Star Classic in Winnipeg, and he earned a spot on the AHL’s First All-Star Team at the conclusion of the campaign.

A native of LaSalle, Ontario, Delmore helped the Philadelphia Phantoms capture the Calder Cup championship during his rookie season in 1997-98. In 335 career AHL games with Fredericton, Philadelphia, Rochester, Syracuse, Springfield and Chicago, he has accumulated 203 points (60-143—203) and 208 penalty minutes.

Prior to playing the last two seasons in Germany with Hamburg, Delmore racked up 101 points (43-58—101) and 105 PIM in 283 NHL contests between Philadelphia, Nashville, Buffalo and Columbus from 1998-06. In 2002-03, he led all NHL defensemen with 14 power play tallies and tied for the league lead among blueliners with 18 goals while skating for the Predators.
    redwings.com

vCash
    I have been hearing this kid is the real deal.. hopefully him or Kindl can work out for us.

vCash
    This kid is 32.

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast