Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which player is better?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trevor Ariza

19 54.29%
  • Wilson Chandler

16 45.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Trevor Ariza vs. Wilson Chandler

Whose better?
    I think it's Ariza

vCash
    Chandler is more suited to be a 1st option player, as Ariza can't create his own shot nearly as well as Chandler.

Both are explosive finishers, Ariza is a better three point shooter, Chandler better at creating off the dribble, both great slashers, both are great defenders.

Depends on the need, with Kobe and Gasol, you wouldn't need infact you'd prefer for Ariza to expend the majority of his energy on defense while Chandler is needed to score a whole lot more and thus is a better fit for the Knicks.

And considering Chandler's second season was practically his rookie season, (Isiah Thomas didn't like to play him much...) with ~600 minutes the first season versus ~3000 minutes the next, Chandler has a ton of upside.
    Last edited by madiaz3; 05-24-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    No acting here!

vCash
    I agree. ^ Very good post.
    Toronto Raptors ~ Miami Heat ~ Los Angeles Lakers

~ ~

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madiaz3 View Post
    Chandler is more suited to be a 1st option player, as Ariza can't create his own shot nearly as well as Chandler.

Both are explosive finishers, Ariza is a better three point shooter, Chandler better at creating off the dribble, both great slashers, both are great defenders.

Depends on the need, with Kobe and Gasol, you wouldn't need infact you'd prefer for Ariza to expend the majority of his energy on defense while Chandler is needed to score a whole lot more and thus is a better fit for the Knicks.

And considering Chandler's second season was practically his rookie season, (Isiah Thomas didn't like to play him much...) with ~600 minutes the first season versus ~3000 minutes the next, Chandler has a ton of upside.
    I wouldn't exactly call chandler a first option... As d'antoni said, he is like the marion for the knicks. Both are very similar imo. Both very explosive and athletic as you mentioned and very good defenders. However would benefit the most from a very good creator and an offensive, fast paced offense. You can't forget, chandler scored more points mainly by playing a more fast paced system where he got more minutes and was a higher option. Personally I'd say it's very close, but ariza does have the experience and every now and then chandler would take a dumb shot (at least from what I have seen when knicks played the bulls).

vCash
    i'd take ariza, simply because he's a better on the ball defender, off the ball defender and a better 3 point shooter

chandler's the better rebounder and scoring option, but if i'm asking either to be a major scoring option, my team is already in trouble

both are relatively equal in value though

vCash
    This is a close one but I go with Ariza.

vCash
    Ariza is a better 3 pt shooter, and perimeter defender. Also good at gambles and stealing in the passing lane.

Wilson is more along the lines of a Shawn Marion, can do everything except get assist.

I'll say Ariza as of now, and Wilson in the next 2 years. Hard to comptete with someone in the semi finals and playing with Kobe.

vCash
    I said ariza, but I really haven't seen enough of Chandler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

vCash
    I would pick Ariza but for the Heat I would pick Chandler because he could create his own shot and it gives us another scoring option

vCash
    chandler will be alot better than ariza in the future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    chandler will be alot better than ariza in the future
    x2 Yea, that is what will prolly happen. Chandler has a good future.

vCash
    After watching almost every game the Lakers have played this year,Its really hard for me to pick against Ariza and as of right now I wont,but Chandler will be a very good player in a couple of years.Also I wouldnt count out Ariza to get alot better as well,since Ariza works with the hardest working player in the NBA Kobe,and we seen how a full season with Kobe changed Ariza's game.Trevor will be working on his weaknesses more and more during the offseasons,and wouldnt suprise me if he became a Ron Artest type

vCash
    Trevor ariza
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    I like Chandler's upside MUCH more than Ariza's. And did anyone even look at their numbers from this season?

Ariza: 8.9 PPG, 4.4 RPG, 1.7 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 24.4 MPG
    Chandler: 14.4 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 0.9 SPG, 0.9 BPG, 33.4 MPG

I understand Ariza plays on a team with more talent around him which makes it harder for him to put up big numbers (plus he played nine less MPG than Chandler), but Chandler nearly averaged a full six more points per game than Ariza and is also a very solid defensive player.

I like Ariza; he is a nice player, but he doesn't have star potential. Chandler, on the other hand, does.

Props to Mane for the sig.

Like real hip-hop? Visit the PSD hip-hop blog here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madiaz3 View Post

Nope.

Ariza shot 61-of-191 from three this year (31.9%) while Chandler shot 103-of-314 (32.8%).

Chandler is also a much better FT shooter (79.5% compared to 71% for Ariza).

Props to Mane for the sig.

Like real hip-hop? Visit the PSD hip-hop blog here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast