Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Dany Heatley? update: possibly traded to rangers

While several Eastern Conference teams, in particular the Boston Bruins, were mentioned by agents as a possible landing spot for Heatley, the speculation is that his preferred list includes a group of Western Conference teams, perhaps as many as eight: the San Jose Sharks probably top the list, followed by the Dallas Stars, Los Angeles Kings, Chicago Blackhawks, St. Louis Blues, Edmonton Oilers, Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames.

Both the Blues and the Kings would have young prospects to offer in return, but the word on the street is that the Kings will pursue Marian Hossa if he doesn't re-sign with the Red Wings.

The Sharks could offer Patrick Marleau. His $6.3-million salary would nearly offset Heatley's $7.5 million salary cap hit, but Marleau is not a natural winger, nor is he a superstar in Heatley's class.

Heatley's family lives in Calgary, and the Senators would gladly take defenceman Dion Phaneuf in exchange, but it'll be difficult to squeeze Jarome Iginla and Heatley into the same spotlight. As well, the Senators would still need to acquire a forward to replace Heatley.

Edmonton has numerous young players to offer, and Heatley has played for both head coach Pat Quinn and associate coach Tom Renney on various Team Canada teams.

Plus, Edmonton, like Calgary, is a hockey market. A chance to win the Stanley Cup at some point in his career might mean something to Heatley.

Vancouver needs scoring, but is going to spend a big chunk of money re-signing the Sedins, Daniel and Henrik. That may not leave them able to take on Heatley's salary, unless they were to do something wild, such as offer goalie Roberto Luongo. Sometimes teams do dumb things, but not often.
    Ottawa Citizen
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    unlikely heatley becomes a canucks, but its still fun to speculate. We're just in a financial bind right now and our number 1 priority is too bring back the sedins, imo.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    unlikely heatley becomes a canucks, but its still fun to speculate. We're just in a financial bind right now and our number 1 priority is too bring back the sedins, imo.
    Completely agree on our number one option being resigning the Sedin's and finding a reasonable replacement for Ohlund.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    ^ While I agree, we also need to break out of the stale lineup we've had since Nonis was here.

Gillis has to do more than tweak the same lineup that failed to advance last year.

vCash

Canucks an option for Heatley?

With a significant amount of salary cap space to play with this summer, it's believed the Vancouver Canucks could make a number of moves to improve their roster for next season.

According to the Boston Globe, the Canucks are a potential landing spot for Ottawa Senators forward Dany Heatley, who has asked the team to trade him.

One of Heatley's agents is J.P. Barry, who also represents Daniel and Henrik Sedin, who can become unrestricted free agents July 1.

The Canucks are very interested in keeping the Sedins, and the Globe suggests Vancouver could also add Heatley to the fold.

Heatley has a no-movement clause in his contract and would have to approve any trade the Senators try to make.
    http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/van090615.html

Just speculation of course

vCash
    already posted Carson!!!!!

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Different article but didn't see the thread!

vCash
    doubt heatley well come here, the seem to involve edmoton, san jose, toronto, and vancouver in about every trade, im thinking maybe we should let the sedins go sign gabroik boumeester and some other forwards if we could
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    Despite recent reports I’m told Vancouver is not interested in trading for Danny Heatley.
    Hockey Buzz

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Sands writes "Reports from an underground source are coming out tonight in New York that the New York Rangers have acquired Dany Heatley.

Rangers reportedly have dealt Rozival, Zherdev, Defensive prospect Cory Potter, a 1st and 5th Round pick in exchange for Dany Heatley.

I have NOT been able to confirm this deal as of yet. And with what the Rangers gave up for Healtey I would not be surprised if these where False reports. But It is a report non the less. And I figured it should be shared.
    Hockey Trade Rumors

I didn't think we have a legit shot at Heatly anyway.

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Doesn't make sense for the Rangers really, but whatever, I agree I didn't think we would get him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Doesn't make sense for the Rangers really, but whatever, I agree I didn't think we would get him
    Dude it's the Rangers, what does make sense for them. Zherdev, Roszival (while a good player overpaid) and Porter is hardly anything. I think if that's all they gave up the picks are just toss ins. Heatley is still a good player. Maybe he can gel with Gomez/Drury.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.