Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Canucks to go after Hossa or Cammalleri if Sedins don't Resign

Several league sources have told me over the last few days that they are feeling more and more confident that the Sedin twins will re-sign with the Canucks. The twins place the city they live in and the quality of life as a major factor in making a decision.

How relieved are the Canucks that Mats Sundin elected not to accept the original 2 year $20 million offer from Vancouver last summer? Even if Sundin signed the original offer but still elected to retire after this past season his cap hit would remain on the books because he signed his deal after he turned 35 years old. I would not expect Sundin to return to Vancouver.

This wasnít the case for Marcus Naslund whose cap number comes off the books in New York because he signed his deal before turning 35.

Look for Vancouver to make a strong run at a Michael Cammalleri or Marian Hossa (if available) if they are unable to re-sign the Sedinís.
    hockey buzz
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I'd rather go after Gaborik. High risk, high reward, and he might come cheaper

vCash
    I honestly think you get Gabby longer term for a cheaper year pact. Hossa won't leave Detroit. Cammalleri is going to get a ridiculous contract. Please come back Danny and Henriiiii!

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    i doubt this become an issue, i predict the sedins resign next weekend at the latest.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I hope so, I really do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    I honestly think you get Gabby longer term for a cheaper year pact. Hossa won't leave Detroit. Cammalleri is going to get a ridiculous contract. Please come back Danny and Henriiiii!
    Plus Hossa was the invisible man in the finals. That should scare off any GM with Stanley Cup aspirations.

vCash
    wow.. the canucks are going to go after a scoring forward if we don't resign our two biggest scoring forwards!? WOW --- what ****in' news !

STOP POSTING EKLUND'S LIES ... This guy is NOT a hockey insider. You think TSN and CBC know less than THIS guy. What's in the news is in the news for a reason. Leave it to the professionals with ridiculous amounts of resources. Not ONE guy who you'd think wouldn't have time to find one of these rumors with the amount of time he updates his lies on his site.

Eklund makes stuff up on 100 percent complete speculation. He takes advantage of people and his site in engineered to make money for himself.
    No, Gillis will not trade Hodgson, Grabner and a 1st rounder for your 37 year old, one time AllStar in the the 90's, who is soon to be a third liner or injured.