Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2014/15 Offseason

This should be an exciting offseason because of a potential blockbuster trade of Latos or Cueto that could net us some very good prospects. LF needs to be addressed, the bench and the bullpen need to be rebuilt, and we need to figure out what our rotation will be after a trade.

So far we've declined Ludwick's 9M option, saving 4.5M in cap space and picked up Cueto's 10M option. Neither one are a surprise and expected for the most part.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    We also declined Hanahan's option, saving 2M.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Long term contracts give me the willies..... but you got to sign Cueto or Latos.... I would keep Cueto cause he seems home here. Never felt like Latos was a Red.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Long term contracts give me the willies..... but you got to sign Cueto or Latos.... I would keep Cueto cause he seems home here. Never felt like Latos was a Red.
    I'm ok with either one, they're both aces IMO, but with Cueto getting more money. If we can get one of them AND Leake extended I'd be happy.
    Latos/Cueto
    Bailey
    Leake
    Cingrani
    Is a good rotation IMO, with top guys still in the farm system like Stephenson. I'd still move Simon while he has some stock left and get a fringe MLB prospect that can contribute this year and sign a bargain veteran for our 5th starter.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Ya I think Simon's stock is as high as it will get... trade him...

vCash
    Morse and Aoki could both be guys in LF if we decide to go FA to fill that need. Obviously they are very different players, Aoki is an on base guy and would presumably bat second and Morse is more of a power guy that would bat in the middle of the lineup but is probably not as good of a fielder. Which would you prefer?

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I'm ok with either one, they're both aces IMO, but with Cueto getting more money. If we can get one of them AND Leake extended I'd be happy.
    Latos/Cueto
    Bailey
    Leake
    Cingrani
    Is a good rotation IMO, with top guys still in the farm system like Stephenson. I'd still move Simon while he has some stock left and get a fringe MLB prospect that can contribute this year and sign a bargain veteran for our 5th starter.
    Isn't Leake a free agent? and isn't stephenson ready to contribute, so he would be the 5th starter if someone was traded?

vCash
    Morse and Aoki could both be guys in LF if we decide to go FA to fill that need. Obviously they are very different players, Aoki is an on base guy and would presumably bat second and Morse is more of a power guy that would bat in the middle of the lineup but is probably not as good of a fielder. Which would you prefer?
    Aoki over Morse - no doubt

Despite some big offense Morse has been basically replacement level - even just since 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Latos/Cueto
    Bailey
    Leake
    Cingrani
    Isn't Leake a free agent? and isn't stephenson ready to contribute, so he would be the 5th starter if someone was traded?
    Leake is a FA at the end of next season. I don't think Stephenson will be ready until next year. Maybe Corcino will be given a shot but I'm not sure.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    LF is still up in the air, even more so after moving Heisey. There's still some decent options in FA, I wouldn't mind Melky(LOOONG shot), Aoki, or Morse. We are also reportedly interested in Upton in a trade, in which we'd likely have to send Cueto or Latos + in return, which I'd be willing to do. Mid December is usually when Walt makes his bold moves(Latos, Choo$ so we shall see.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Been reading on twitter that Simon could be traded to Detroit and Latos to Miami. Wonder if we'll land a solid LF and some much needed bullpen help? If not, then a salary dump was what these trades were for. We need $$$ to ink Cueto long term...

vCash
    Tell me about simon, deal is done you guys received Suarez and Crawford.

vCash
    Simon...hate to see him go. Workhorse who has gotten better as he's aged. You'll be pleased....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mexalcahuete101 View Post
    Tell me about simon, deal is done you guys received Suarez and Crawford.
    Was nothing short of amazing to start the year(as a starter) but got considerably worse throughout the year. At the very least he should log some innings if he stays a starter. He's very good out of the pen as well, but has stated in the past he wants to be a starter.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the trades today were more about cap space for a LF than it is Cueto, but an extension would be nice. I'm guessing/hoping we sign either Aoki or Morse who'd both fit well on the lineup, Aoki in the 2 hole and Morse in the 4 hole.

''Sig by Johnle''

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast