Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Reds vs Pirates Opening Series

Pittsburgh Pirates @ Cincinnati Reds
    Wednesday, April 8, 7:10 PM EDT , Great American Ball Park

Gerrit Cole, RHP

Cole hopes to pick up 2015 where he left off 2014: He pitched arguably the best game of his young career on the season's final day, striking out 12 Reds without a walk while holding them to four hits and a run in seven innings.

Mike Leake, RHP
    In a contract year, Leake is coming off of his best season where he established career highs in strikeouts (164), starts (33) and innings pitched (214 1/3). He's increased his starts and innings totals in each of the past four years.

Pittsburgh Pirates @ Cincinnati Reds
    Thursday, April 9, 12:35 PM EDT , Great American Ball Park
    A.J. Burnett, RHP

Burnett formally makes his Pittsburgh return with the first start of his final season. He did not face the Reds with the Phillies last season, but was 5-3 with 65 strikeouts in 60 2/3 innings against them with the Pirates in 2012-13.

Anthony DeSclafani, RHP
    Acquired in the Mat Latos trade with the Marlins, DeSclafani only has eight games, including five starts, under his belt in the Majors. However, he had a strong spring to earn a rotation spot out of camp.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...x.jsp?c_id=cin
    Last edited by IowaAJ; 04-07-2015 at 07:41 AM.

vCash
    Here it is, the #Reds Opening Day lineup:
    Hamilton CF Votto 1B Frazier 3B Mesoraco C Byrd LF Bruce RF Phillips 2B Cozart SS Cueto P

https://twitter.com/blogredmachine/s...980409856?s=04

vCash
    Only caught the first half of the game. Cueto was sharp as usual, and it was good to see Bruce get a HR, his power is crucial to our success this season. Byrd struck out his first 3 at-bats (that's all I watched up to) and that is not a good sign at all. I didn't like the move when it happened, he's really not a huge upgrade over Ludwick.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Should be another great pitching matchup tonight. I'm interested to see how we hit against Cole he can be tough at times hopefully we can jump on him early.

vCash
    Billy is getting on base right now and that's essential to our success this year. Leake looked rusty but that's to be ecoected , he'll come around. Byrd is the only alarming player right now, he just doesn't look good at all.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    I'm excited to see Desclafini today.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Sweep! Its early but we still look good right now. Desclafini was solid and will be OK as the 4th starter, when Bailey gets back. It'll be interesting to see who wins the 5th spot out of Marquis and Iglesias, I think Iglesias is a better fit of the two in the bullpen and I'm sure that will be considered when making that decision.

''Sig by Johnle''