Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Article: LeBron James vs. Dwight Howard: Who's the better franchise building block?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • LeBron James

67 53.60%
  • Dwight Howard

58 46.40%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    I'm shocked and sickened that Howard is winning this pole. It's NOT EVEN CLOSE. LeBron is clearly the better player of the 2, and people are just being flat ignorant if they think otherwise. I usually think it's ok to have a different opinion, but in this case, you are just wrong. There is only one answer to this poll, LeBron hands down

Yes this is my own tat i got the main tat in 2007 or 2008 i added the 3 trophies nov 2010

Props to SFGiants4life for hosting

vCash
    "With everything being equal, build around the big man".... BUT ITS NOT EQUAL! Lebron is a significantly better player.

Others are saying its "easier" to build around a great big man... so what! Just because it may be "easier" to build around Dwight does not mean he is the better building block.

Its obviously Lebron, and although it may be more difficult (although I don't think so) to build around a wing player, it still can easily be done.

Don't tell me Luc Longley is responsible for those Bulls championships.

3. 06-01-2009, 12:13 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

4. 06-01-2009, 12:18 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

5. 06-01-2009, 12:19 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

6. 06-01-2009, 12:20 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

7. 06-01-2009, 12:20 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

8. 06-01-2009, 12:20 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

9. 06-01-2009, 12:20 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

10. 06-01-2009, 12:20 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

vCash
    lebron is better, but only by himself.
    dwight brings in a lot of chemistry to a team

vCash
    howard. Dominant big men make building contenders a whole lot easier.
    Miami Heat:......Fill the roster out with some decent signings

New Orleans Saints: 9-3
    First in NFC South. 3rd seed

13. 06-01-2009, 12:21 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

14. 06-01-2009, 12:21 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

15. 06-01-2009, 12:21 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

16. 06-01-2009, 12:22 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

17. 06-01-2009, 12:22 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

18. 06-01-2009, 12:22 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

19. 06-01-2009, 12:22 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

20. 06-01-2009, 12:22 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

21. 06-01-2009, 12:23 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

22. 06-01-2009, 12:23 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

23. 06-01-2009, 12:23 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

24. 06-01-2009, 12:23 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

25. 06-01-2009, 12:24 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

26. 06-01-2009, 12:24 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

27. 06-01-2009, 12:24 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

28. 06-01-2009, 12:24 PM
    Reason
    Post Padding

vCash
    I'm shocked and sickened that Howard is winning this pole. It's NOT EVEN CLOSE. LeBron is clearly the better player of the 2, and people are just being flat ignorant if they think otherwise. I usually think it's ok to have a different opinion, but in this case, you are just wrong. There is only one answer to this poll, LeBron hands down

I feel your pain in this thread below.

Lebron vs Duncan - Building a Team - Link
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Y2K, this is not about who is better... Coz Lebron is... This is about the better player to build around... There is a difference...

vCash
    you can find small forwards who just dunk and layup the ball who are nothing without the refs or the paint easily (rudy gay pefect example and even he shoots better than him)

but a center like dwight is hard to come by.....

vCash
    howard for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fredv View Post
    lol people who say they would just Dwight are out of there minds! Talk about beeing influenced lol.

Who would you rather build around? Best player in the league or Second Best Center in the league?
    Because when Dwight plays Yao, he gets dominated. On the other side, no playerd dominates Lebron, teams do

So are you saying D-Will is better than CP3? Coz he dominates him every time they play...

Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan View Post
    1. And LeBron is a Michael Jordan type of talent. He is that rare breed of player that comes along once in a decade or more. Dwight Howard is not Shaq, not Duncan, and probably never will be.

2. Look at the Lakers this year. Who is their "dominant big guy"? Gasol is nice but he is far from "dominant". Bynum can't even get out of his own way anymore. Odom is a headcase that is in and out of games. If the Lakers win, it is just another example of a team winning without a great big.

3. Wade carried Miami to a recent title as well. And Shaq was on that team, but he was a shell of his former self and far from dominant.

4. The NBA has changed. There are not many dominant bigs. That is why we are seeing guards dominate more and more.
    Just because most of the premadonas of the NBA are SGs and Sfs, that does not mean that the game has changed... Bring a a player who plays like Shaq in his prime and he will still dominate this league... Dwight is nowhere near that yet... He may get there... We will see... Who won most of the championships this decade? Shaq and Duncan... Wade only won once... Lebron has not, Melo has not, Kobe has 3 because of Shaq... If you look at the Celtics, sure, Pierce was the finals mvp but if you watch closely, KG was the one who controlled the game... If you look at the Pistons, sure they have Rip and Billups but the Wallaces controlled the paint and I believe that is the main reason why they won that championship... With all that being said, can you now please tell me when exactly did the game changed?

Quote Originally Posted by keither0919 View Post
    LeBron is the best choice of the two because the whole game of basketball doesn't go on down low, LeBron plays all around the court, similar to a Kobe just a bigger dude. LeBron can get big and dunk over most big men in the NBA and he can shoot the 3. Dwight Howard is a big man and a big man alone, he is a highly developed center but LeBron is just a better overall player.
    And despite that, teams with centers who goes down low still won more championships than players who can do everything... I wonder why that is?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    lol now lebron dont have a team ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL a sudden. sorry but you dont win 66 games by YOURSELF. what ever happen to "oh big z is gonna pull dwight out the paint" "mo williams is an all star, lebron's pippen" all that crap.

you build around the big guy,"center" is the hardest positon to acquire.
    Hahahaha... I remember the regular season when the Cavs fans were saying the only reason we beat them is they don't have Z and there is no way we can beat them in the playoffs...

vCash
    howard

vCash
    how is yao better than dwight are you friggin kidding me? for allllll yao's offensive talent dwights STILL AVERAGES more points than him, rebounds? haaa blocks?haaa. he's better across the board and yao is the go to guy on his team unlike dwight. with a DPOY award and plenty to come
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ragee View Post
    So are you saying D-Will is better than CP3? Coz he dominates him every time they play...

Just because most of the premadonas of the NBA are SGs and Sfs, that does not mean that the game has changed... Bring a a player who plays like Shaq in his prime and he will still dominate this league... Dwight is nowhere near that yet... He may get there... We will see... Who won most of the championships this decade? Shaq and Duncan... Wade only won once... Lebron has not, Melo has not, Kobe has 3 because of Shaq... If you look at the Celtics, sure, Pierce was the finals mvp but if you watch closely, KG was the one who controlled the game... If you look at the Pistons, sure they have Rip and Billups but the Wallaces controlled the paint and I believe that is the main reason why they won that championship... With all that being said, can you now please tell me when exactly did the game changed?

And despite that, teams with centers who goes down low still won more championships than players who can do everything... I wonder why that is?

Hahahaha... I remember the regular season when the Cavs fans were saying the only reason we beat them is they don't have Z and there is no way we can beat them in the playoffs...
    dude they had plenty excuses, oh delonte this n that, mo like i hate when people say "oh thats the regular season" but the teams are the same
    and now this lakers fans are outta hand having the nevre to mention bynum names lol like i cant wait. skip gon murder fisher n farmar
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Who would you take Kobe or Shaq (Prime)? It's just a matter of preference really..

I personally feel that going with the bigman is the right way to go, it's just much harder to find a 20/10 C/PF then a 20/4/4 SF/SG. The league is much deeper on the wings then the C position. If you bring the right supporting cast around a 20/10 bigman then you can do some serious damage in the playoffs. All you have to do is get a decent point guard who can pass him the ball and a few shooters around him that can play some solid defends, with another star it could mean championship.

But..Another thing that you can talk about is that If you have a 15/10 big downlow and a 25/5/5 SF/SG then would you be just as good? I mean your drive offense would be better and If you put a shooter on a team with Lebron he can kick it out all day long to him. Also I'd rather take a SF/SG in the clutch then a great center like Dwight Howard
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 06-01-2009 at 03:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Who would you take Kobe or Shaq (Prime)? It's just a matter of preference really..

I personally feel that going with the bigman is the right way to go, it's just much harder to find a 20/10 C/PF then a 20/4/4 SF/SG. The league is much deeper on the wings then the C position. If you bring the right supporting cast around a 20/10 bigman then you can do some serious damage in the playoffs. All you have to do is get a decent point guard who can pass him the ball and a few shooters around him that can play some solid defends, with another star it could mean championship.

But..Another thing that you can talk about is that If you have a 15/10 big downlow and a 25/5/5 SF/SG then would you be just as good? I mean your drive offense would be better and If you put a shooter on a team with Lebron he can kick it out all day long to him. Also I'd rather take a SF/SG in the clutch then a great center like Dwight Howard
    and thats why your a philadelphia sports fan. it was a center that destroyed your 76ers finals team with your COY,MVP,DPOY and 6th man of the year no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    You are right, he won the title in 1991 and 1998 without having another player that was an allstar that year.
    MJB again, do I look like a newb. Are you even hinting at the possibility that an All-Star replacement by the name of Mo Williams is superior than the non-AllStars in Grant and Pippen? He had several All-Stars, even if they didnt make the team. So no

Lebron only had another allstar, 4x DPOY player, 3 former allstars as well on the team, as well as shooters and rebounders on the team.
    Turn your spam button off, KEY WORD FORMER

Not to mention that he was heavily favorite to win.
    When people though his supporting cast was legit

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009...agic-cavaliers

In fact only 2 teams that have won 65+ games have not won the title and it was the 2007 Mavs and 1973 Celtics and now the 2009 Cavs.

These other teams all won the title.

2008 Celtics
    2000 Lakers
    1997 Bulls
    1996 Bulls
    1992 Bulls
    1987 Lakers
    1986 Celtics
    1983 Sixers
    1972 Lakers
    1971 Bucks
    1967 Sixers
    Thats great company for Bron, look at the rosters

I don't want to hear this mess that the Cavs weren't supposed to come out of the east. Despite what people say now, there is no way you can prove that the Cavs should not have gotten to the finals especially against a team missing it's star PG.
    So you think people should be able to foretell the future?
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast