Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Article: LeBron James vs. Dwight Howard: Who's the better franchise building block?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • LeBron James

67 53.60%
  • Dwight Howard

58 46.40%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I voted Howard. You could make a great argument for Lebron, but I personally just prefer the big man.

Put shooters around Howard, who can play D, and he can get to the Finals. Plus he can effect every possession on Defense, while still being a force on offense. Lebron can only guard his man.

Cleveland is a team made up of shooters, but until they get a guy who can be the "sidekick" to Lebron in the paint, they will have a hard time. Mo and Delonte arent a bad back court, their problem is their front court and their bench. Even Kobe needed Pau, you just have to have some form of a high level big man in the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    lol maybe I'm wording things wrong.

I'm basically trying to say he is the best player in the sense that his physical abilities make him the best player.

It's like saying take Jordan when he was 25 and Lebron right now. Who is the better player?
    Lebron just lost with HCA something MJ never lost with.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    I would say D Howard because i like his personality. He dont have that huge Ego like Lebron and i feel i would be able to keep Howard around longer then i could Lebron. Lebron wants to be a billionaire. Dwight wants to be a winner, and he has the mentality to be. Dwight is the best Center in the league and you could can build around a center easier then a SF because Great centers come around very seldom. And like i said earlier, can u really trust Lebron stays with your team? I can see D Howard sticking with Orlando his whole career unless something goes bad for him.

vCash
    Lebron James. Can't be defined by position and has no glaring weakness. Can play 4-5 positions under an experienced coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Lebron just lost with HCA something MJ never lost with.
    MJ never took teammates like LeBron had to HCA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    LeBron - 28.4 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 7.2 apg, 1.7 spg
    Jordan - 32.5 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 8.0 rpg, 2.9 spg

Give me MJ any time, any day of the week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    LeBron - 28.4 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 7.2 apg, 1.7 spg
    Jordan - 32.5 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 8.0 rpg, 2.9 spg

Give me MJ any time, any day of the week
    that was a freakish season from Jordan. But we dont know if Lebron is fully developed yet. that was Jordan's best all round season ever.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    LeBron literally has nobody
    Really? Literally?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    lol maybe I'm wording things wrong.

I'm basically trying to say he is the best player in the sense that his physical abilities make him the best player.

It's like saying take Jordan when he was 25 and Lebron right now. Who is the better player?
    Without stats? I'd take Jordan's skills over Lebron's. I'd take Kobe's skills over Lebron's.

You ignore stats, and you ignore the best pro-Lebron argument there is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    MJ never took teammates like LeBron had to HCA
    You are right, he won the title in 1991 and 1998 without having another player that was an allstar that year.

Lebron only had another allstar, 4x DPOY player, 3 former allstars as well on the team, as well as shooters and rebounders on the team.

Not to mention that he was heavily favorite to win.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009...agic-cavaliers

In fact only 2 teams that have won 65+ games have not won the title and it was the 2007 Mavs and 1973 Celtics and now the 2009 Cavs.

These other teams all won the title.

2008 Celtics
    2000 Lakers
    1997 Bulls
    1996 Bulls
    1992 Bulls
    1987 Lakers
    1986 Celtics
    1983 Sixers
    1972 Lakers
    1971 Bucks
    1967 Sixers

I don't want to hear this mess that the Cavs weren't supposed to come out of the east. Despite what people say now, there is no way you can prove that the Cavs should not have gotten to the finals especially against a team missing it's star PG.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fredv View Post
    lol people who say they would just Dwight are out of there minds! Talk about beeing influenced lol.

Who would you rather build around? Best player in the league or Second Best Center in the league?
    Because when Dwight plays Yao, he gets dominated. On the other side, no playerd dominates Lebron, teams do.
    Kobe butchered him.....twice

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    For me Dwight because Great Centers are hard to find.
    This. Its still a big mans game, which ever way you cut it. Jordan couldnt win anything until he got Pippen.

vCash
    Looking at this poll, basketball fans still have common sense!

I'd take Howard because of the rebounding, defense, inside presence and he controls the paint. Big guys>Wing players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Well the guy asked me if I'd take a 25 y.o. Jordan over LeBron.

I said yes, and that's why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    You are right, he won the title in 1991 and 1998 without having another player that was an allstar that year.

Lebron only had another allstar, 4x DPOY player, 3 former allstars as well on the team, as well as shooters and rebounders on the team.

Not to mention that he was heavily favorite to win.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009...agic-cavaliers

In fact only 2 teams that have won 65+ games have not won the title and it was the 2007 Mavs and 1973 Celtics and now the 2009 Cavs.

These other teams all won the title.

2008 Celtics
    2000 Lakers
    1997 Bulls
    1996 Bulls
    1992 Bulls
    1987 Lakers
    1986 Celtics
    1983 Sixers
    1972 Lakers
    1971 Bucks
    1967 Sixers

I don't want to hear this mess that the Cavs weren't supposed to come out of the east. Despite what people say now, there is no way you can prove that the Cavs should not have gotten to the finals especially against a team missing it's star PG.

vCash
    LeBron is the best choice of the two because the whole game of basketball doesn't go on down low, LeBron plays all around the court, similar to a Kobe just a bigger dude. LeBron can get big and dunk over most big men in the NBA and he can shoot the 3. Dwight Howard is a big man and a big man alone, he is a highly developed center but LeBron is just a better overall player.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast