Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Article: LeBron James vs. Dwight Howard: Who's the better franchise building block?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • LeBron James

67 53.60%
  • Dwight Howard

58 46.40%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    centers are harder to come by... but lebron is unreal... i dont know???? i voted for howard but i couldve easily voted for howard...
    Raiders
    Warriors
    Giants
    Sharks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Lebron James is by far. It has nothing to do with the Magic beating the Cavs in the playoffs. The Magic have better players and a better bench. Lebron was basically facing the Orlando Magic by himself. If Lebron was had surrounding players like the Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard has the Cavs would win 70 games. It's incredible he won 66 games with that Cavs team. Lebron is easily the better player to build a franchise around. He's the greatest player in the world. I can't even believe people are actually picking Howard over Lebron. Howard was being criticized by everyone during the Celtics series and now everyone thinks he is the greatest because he's surrounded by guys who can hit 3's all day long and has a great bench to top it all off and Lebron doesn't.
    All good points, but counterintuitive. Both the Lakers and the Magic have a strong inside game.

For all of the great things that Jordan did for the game, he is also responsible for the biggest misconception in today's league. He is the exception to the rule, not the rule. The rule states that if you want to win championships in this league, you must build your team around a dominant big man. But don't take my word for it. Check the history. Review every dynasty, every team that has ever won a championship (if not multiple championships) and more often than not you'll find a big man at the heart of that squad...Jordan's Bulls being the only exception.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    I just thought that it's generally harder to build around wing players than post players because of their varying skillsets.

Just look at the big men throughout history - Russell, Chamberlain, Abdul-Jabbar, Olajuwon, Shaq, Duncan, and now Howard - they've all got excellent supporting casts tailor fit to their needs.
    this is a very valid point. I just think that LeBron is so good and so versatile, he isn't defined as a wing player per say. I really think Brown should be posting him up a lot more. But, Clevelands cast around him are mostly throw aways from other teams, he has the least amount of support of any of the title teams in a landslide. But, we will see what Cleveland does this summer. Monster summer. They have got to get him inside help.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    All good points, but counterintuitive. Both the Lakers and the Magic have a strong inside game.

For all of the great things that Jordan did for the game, he is also responsible for the biggest misconception in today's league. He is the exception to the rule, not the rule. The rule states that if you want to win championships in this league, you must build your team around a dominant big man. But don't take my word for it. Check the history. Review every dynasty, every team that has ever won a championship (if not multiple championships) and more often than not you'll find a big man at the heart of that squad...Jordan's Bulls being the only exception.

true true, but many, including myself, think LeBron is the 2nd exception to the rule.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    true true, but many, including myself, think LeBron is the 2nd exception to the rule.
    He may be, but until he shows himself as the exception, which he hasn't yet, I have a hard time just saying he will be, until he actually does it. So until then, Dwight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

vCash
    I am picking Dwight... Not because he is the better player... He is not... Lebron is way better than him right now... My reason is great centers are hard to find and the center position is the most important position in the league... This position has more impact in the game than any other position...

vCash
    I'm old school. If given the choice, with everything being relatively equal, you ALWAYS build around the big man.

vCash
    MJ did have another top 50 player with him, that helps. Not that I agree with Pippen being listed or considered a top 50 player, but that is a whole other thread. LeBron literally has nobody

vCash
    this is a very valid point. I just think that LeBron is so good and so versatile, he isn't defined as a wing player per say. I really think Brown should be posting him up a lot more. But, Clevelands cast around him are mostly throw aways from other teams, he has the least amount of support of any of the title teams in a landslide. But, we will see what Cleveland does this summer. Monster summer. They have got to get him inside help.
    First and foremost he needs an inside post presence, just like you said. He already has the outside gunners he needs.

He needs a guy that can score and the low block but also hit the mid range J off the pick and pop. I was thinking maybe Carlos Boozer, but he's too undersized.

vCash
    Did you guys see Superman JR get shut down by Kendrick Perkins???? Yes Dwight is a good player but LeBron is simply the best player to ever play. People are saying Dwight just because the Magic won that series. HE WAS MATCHED UP AGAINST ILGUSKAS. Not to mention his teammates all had a great series. Lebron went to the conference finals with no team. What if the two switched teams? Who do you think would win that series?

vCash
    lol now lebron dont have a team ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL a sudden. sorry but you dont win 66 games by YOURSELF. what ever happen to "oh big z is gonna pull dwight out the paint" "mo williams is an all star, lebron's pippen" all that crap.

you build around the big guy,"center" is the hardest positon to acquire.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikantsass View Post
    Did you guys see Superman JR get shut down by Kendrick Perkins???? Yes Dwight is a good player but LeBron is simply the best player to ever play. People are saying Dwight just because the Magic won that series. HE WAS MATCHED UP AGAINST ILGUSKAS. Not to mention his teammates all had a great series. Lebron went to the conference finals with no team. What if the two switched teams? Who do you think would win that series?
    dwight avg 16 15 and 2 that series, if thats being shut down the he's one of the greatest centers already. and he was even the main offensive guy that series, we didnt go to him and not cause perkins
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Perk was playing him physical and he was scared to take it to him. The only baskets he got were dunk put backs. His posts moves were horrible against Perk. Dont get me wrong, Howard is very good. I just think he gets too much credit when dominating guys like Big Z.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    First and foremost he needs an inside post presence, just like you said. He already has the outside gunners he needs.

He needs a guy that can score and the low block but also hit the mid range J off the pick and pop. I was thinking maybe Carlos Boozer, but he's too undersized.
    Boozer already gave them the middle finger, haha. He is not in the equation. But yeah, they need a post presence in the worst way.

vCash
    Until he wins a title, LeBron isn't an exception to anything. In fact, so far he's only proved the rule. You need a dominant big man to get that ring.

No matter how bright the talent, if LeBron is going to continue to play an oversized PG, the Cavs are going to wind up watching some other team win it all each and every year. That said, LeBron holds the key to his destiny. I hope he makes the right choice.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast