Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
    Possible, but you'd think someone would pick up on it. Cuban, esp..considering the amount of money he's got invested in Dirk. But if he's a drunk, maybe he plays better while under the influence.
    Who's Keon Clark?
    Guy that used to play on the Raptors I think..he was a big man. Rebounder/shotblocker

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshtd1 View Post
    This thread is dull now.
    I blame you.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    I don't think Dirk is an alcoholic. Perhaps he's big on the party scene, as a lot of these guys are, but alcoholic, I doubt it. I mean it's one thing to party a lot, and all that, but that doesn't make him an alcoholic. I was under the impression that alcoholism was when you drink to the point of where you don't care about what negative impacts (whether it be medical, physical or social or other) it is having upon you.

Of course, he did knock up and then get enganged to a convict, so....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by superkegger View Post
    I don't think Dirk is an alcoholic. Perhaps he's big on the party scene, as a lot of these guys are, but alcoholic, I doubt it. I mean it's one thing to party a lot, and all that, but that doesn't make him an alcoholic. I was under the impression that alcoholism was when you drink to the point of where you don't care about what negative impacts (whether it be medical, physical or social or other) it is having upon you.

Of course, he did knock up and then get enganged to a convict, so....
    I think the definition of alcoholism can be very subjective. There are many different measuring sticks. I think it's kind of an exaggerated myth that most alcoholics actually reach the lose your job/lose your spouse/lose your house level. I think for a lot more people it's a more basic recognition that somewhere along the way they crossed a line into the territory where alcohol was doing more harm than good in their life. I've heard "If you think you might have a problem with alcohol, you probably do." I've also heard that most alcoholics will never realize it until they hit absolute bottom in some kind of cataclysmic way. I think the truth is that it can be anywhere in that range, but ultimately whether someone is an alcoholic or not is a recognition they have to come to themselves, and if they do, they details of how and why they got there are less important than the fact that they did.

So I'd pretty much agree that I wouldn't point at Dirk and call him an alcoholic because he has a partying lifestyle. If that's the objective bar set for alcoholism, then probably about half the world is alcoholic.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    edit: wrong thread

vCash
    By the way, if you haven't seen the movie Barfly, which is a fairly romanticized depiction of Charles Bukowski, you should definitely check it out.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    My aunt decided to stop drinking just a couple of days ago. She wound up buying $300 worth of Colon Cleanse online while drunk but couldn't remember doing it at all. She only found out after receiving a receipt via email. We have been told to expect some for our birthday presents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    My aunt decided to stop drinking just a couple of days ago. She wound up buying $300 worth of Colon Cleanse online while drunk but couldn't remember doing it at all. She only found out after receiving a receipt via email. We have been told to expect some for our birthday presents.
    Lucky you!

Atheists Of PSD

vCash

vCash
    So the Spurs are still old and going nowhere next season, eh? That seems to be a popular opinion in the main forum.
    By the way is literacy and the ability to write clearly overrated these days?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    uhuhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kosta>JoshTD>Spurs

Bobby D's Blues

vCash
    Apparently the Nuggets were (are?) interested in picking up Bowen.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    ^Hmm..that would be interesting. Be weird to see him in a blue uniform. I still think he'd make a great player/coach guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    ^Hmm..that would be interesting. Be weird to see him in a blue uniform. I still think he'd make a great player/coach guy.
    If Denver got him, it would be probably first and foremost to mentor Arron Afflalo into playing the role Dahntay Jones played last season.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    If Denver got him, it would be probably first and foremost to mentor Arron Afflalo into playing the role Dahntay Jones played last season.
    That makes sense. I sort of wondered what the Nuggets were going to do about losing Jones. Love the way he pissed off Chris Paul in the playoffs.

So I adopted a cat from a local shelter and now my inbox is flooded with vet and cat care tips. Annoying as hell...but the cat, Salvadore, is terrific..

And Josh, where are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast