Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Free Agency / Needs

Spurs have about 17 mil to work with. That is only if they keep Gary Neal and Tiago Splitter on the roster.

If it were me however I would release Tiago Splitter and that would give spurs 22 million to work with.

Here are the concerns if we don't keep Tiago Splitter:

1. Resign Ginobili? If they do id say 4-5 million would be a fair contract = 18 Mil Left
    Or let Ginobili walk and retire and sign either Tony Allen or Kevin Martin or Nick Young. 3 possible replacements at a much cheaper price.

2. Big Man needed? I for one wouldn't mind seeing R Free Agent Pekovic , get him for about 8 -9 mil would be 4 mil more than hes making now. Would Minnesota Match it? 9 mil left

Possible Starting Line-Ups Next Year-

1. Tony Parker
    2. Danny Green or Tony Allen or Nick Young Depending on who we go after
    3. Khawai Leonard
    4. Tim Duncan
    5. Nikola Pekovic

vCash
    I am pretty sure your numbers are off. Where did you get your info?

Also, why do you think the wolves wouldn't match pekovic? I don't see him going anywhere and if so, it will take more than 10 mil for his services.

Manu will be back and there is no way that we should ever release Splitter, he is too valuable. You can check out the other thread for my thoughts but I think we basically have our team as it is.

vCash
    I have no idea why you want Splitter out of SA so bad, but Minny would most likely match any offer we threw at Pec. Even if they didn't I still wouldn't do it. I am also not sold on the 3 "Gino replacements"(?) being at all cheaper or of even close to the same overall player he is. All in & all I don't agree at all....and I think your math is off a bit.

vCash
    I agree unwantedthoery why is it that every one wants to see Tiago Splitter walk, He is a decent low post defender better than most centers in this league, and most of all he is the best pick n roll center in the league which says a lot....furthermore if splitter leaves who are we going to get to replace him if Smoove, Jeff, or Millsap doesn't come here...

Look I dream about the Spurs getting Josh Smith or a big name PF or C but that may not happen and the realistic scenario is that the Spurs are going to fill in the gaps with good role players and Tiago is one of them.

"The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan

*EAGLES (0-0)* SPURS (2-1) * PHILLIES (31-35)*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    I am pretty sure your numbers are off. Where did you get your info?

Also, why do you think the wolves wouldn't match pekovic? I don't see him going anywhere and if so, it will take more than 10 mil for his services.

Manu will be back and there is no way that we should ever release Splitter, he is too valuable. You can check out the other thread for my thoughts but I think we basically have our team as it is.
    I completely agree with this post as usually Benjirih your insight and opinion are good.....and besides pekovic sucks he is not a good fit for this team and he is the same talent as splitter, no way we lose Splitter to get pekovic.

Spurs Fans keep overlooking the talent on this team and don't realize the young talent we have.....

1.Nando DeColo - Nando DeColo will take a little bit of a bigger role next season, I mean this boy can shoot, pass and make plays we only saw glimpses of this because we was buried on the bench.

2. Aaron Baynes - I think people are forgetting that we have Aaron Baynes who in my opinion once he gets settled in this defense will be a beast defending the paint, he has great footwork and commands good defensive presence for someone that was pasted over in the draft.

3. Cory Joseph - Cory Joseph showed a lot of promise last season he became a great defensive guard and his offensive game show improvement however it still needs work but its a great start.

4. Kahwi Leonard - A star in the making Leonard is going to take on a lot of roles next season scoring, lockdown defender, and become the #2 option next year, remember if Kahwi can score close to 20 ppg next season he can take a lot of load off Parker and what's being overlooked in Kahwis is that is he excellent in the isolation beating everyone on the perimeter including the king himself so that a very very sign that Kahwi is a future superstar in the making.

Also we have the rights to three promising prospects in Adam Hanga and Ryan Richards (if he can lose the Howard diva mentality) and David Bertans who even though he is out for a year hopefully come back string.

I agree with Benjirh what you see is more than likely what you will get going into next season.
    Last edited by jezzyman05; 06-24-2013 at 03:13 AM.

"The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan

vCash
    UPDATE: Feigan now saying Spurs had interest but no deal will be struck between Spurs and Rockets.

San Antonio had been interested in Robinson but the teams are not in talks about a deal. It would be difficult for the Spurs to make any sort of deal for Robinson directly with the Rockets and would likely have to add a third team in a larger deal.

The Spurs have only their own pick, the 28th pick overall, in Thursday’s first round and would not seem to have a way to make such a trade possible directly with the Rockets.
    project

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    Right now our Roster is;
    PG: TP9/Joseph/DeColo/Mills
    SG: Green/Manu/Neal
    SF: Leonard/Manu
    PF: Duncan/Diaw
    C: Splitter/Bonner/Baynes

Re-Sign Manu to something such as 1 or 2 yr vet.min. Resign Gary Neal. Make a move for J-Smoove. Pek could be interesting, but I imagine his price will be more steep than Tiago's. Milsap/Jefferson could be interesting too. I feel that the main thing we should target is a star big to pair with Timmy such as the ones listed above. I want to also say another ball-handler, but our guard spot is logged up, but a guy like Nate Robinson who be soo helpful when Tony struggles and Gino cant stop turning the ball over.
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas
    2. Kendrick Lamar
    3. Jay-Z
    4. J Cole
    5. Lupe Fiasco
    6. Common
    7. Eminem
    8. Kanye West
    9. Pusha-T
    10. Slaughterhouse (Royce, Crooked I, Joe Budden)

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac
    2. Nas
    3. Rakim
    4. Notorious B.I.G.
    5. Jay-Z
    6. Eminem
    7. KRS-One
    8. Public Enemy (Chuck D)
    9. Common
    10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTmz2 View Post
    project
    You know I like the thought of adding Thomas Robinson to our roster, he has the skill set of a superstar, its not his fault that Sacramento was stupid for drafting a guy that doesn't fit their system when the number 5 pick in any draft is traded less than a year from being drafted it falls on the franchise, not the player....

Houston is a good franchise however they don't know how to develop player like we can...

Thomas Robinson can rebound defend the paint and has decent low post moves....he is good in transition, he is raw on the offensive side a bit however, a good strong organization like the spurs could be what he needs to develop and grow into the superstar he can be...

If I'm RC ill pitch this to Houston and when you think about it it's actually a very good deal for what they are trying to do...

RC offers Houston 2015 1st rounder, 2013 second rounder and Matt Bonner for Thomas Robinson...now before you start writing stupid comments hear me out...

The Houston Rockets are trying desperately to clear cap space because they are "All In" in trying to sign Dwight Howard so if you trade Bonner, whose salary is the same to Robinsons, then you can simply release Bonner by saturday and only pay him 500k, now if the Spurs resign Bonner( in accordance to the new CBA) they can pick up the tab on that 500k the Rocket would have to pay therefore successfully clearly Robinsons salary.....Spurs get a young big with huge upside.....Houston gets cap space to sign Howard.....it's a win win.....Bonner actually has value due to his contract and the spurs are on the hook if they don't release him by Saturday so why not pitch that to Houston that way they can clear Robinsons salary and get a 1st rounder (2015 and this years second rounder which they can bundle those up and move up in the first round anyways) ....

Say what you what about Thomas Robinson but don't say that he is a bust.....he has superstar potential and he is young enough to develop and possibly take over when Timmy retires his work ethic is great and with Forcier and Chip he can be a anchor for us moving forward.....

The other teams involved Chicago can't offer the flexibility that the spurs can....Chicago is over the cap meaning they have to send back a contract to Houston which Houston won't do because they want the cap space..and Cleveland won't offer anything like that because why would Cleveland take on Robinson's salary when they have Tristan Thompson and likely add Noel to the mix not good business so that just leaves the spurs....

I think we are talented enough to develop this guy to be Timmy's replacement
    Last edited by jezzyman05; 06-26-2013 at 05:32 AM.

- Tim Duncan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IversonIsKrazy View Post
    Right now our Roster is;
    PG: TP9/Joseph/DeColo/Mills
    SG: Green/Manu/Neal
    SF: Leonard/Manu
    PF: Duncan/Diaw
    C: Splitter/Bonner/Baynes

Re-Sign Manu to something such as 1 or 2 yr vet.min. Resign Gary Neal. Make a move for J-Smoove. Pek could be interesting, but I imagine his price will be more steep than Tiago's. Milsap/Jefferson could be interesting too. I feel that the main thing we should target is a star big to pair with Timmy such as the ones listed above. I want to also say another ball-handler, but our guard spot is logged up, but a guy like Nate Robinson who be soo helpful when Tony struggles and Gino cant stop turning the ball over.
    No Nate!!!! I live near Chicago and used to be a huge bulls fan, so I still follow them more than most other teams. And yes, there is a side of Nate that is really, really good. But there is also a reason why most Chicago fans hate Nate. They often talk about good Nate and bad Nate (sound familiar?). If you thought Gino had a bad game, Nate does the same thing on a regular basis. Also an important reminder is that he often performs better when given major minutes. I am not sure we have that on this team and I have a big question mark whether he could even fit the system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzyman05 View Post
    RC offers Houston 2015 1st rounder, 2013 second rounder and Matt Bonner for Thomas Robinson
    A loophole that the NBA closed.

When a team trades a player who is subsequently waived by the receiving team, it cannot claim the player off waivers or re-sign the player until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract4, whichever is earlier5.
    -Coon

There are also a couple other rules that might cause problems to this deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzyman05 View Post
    The other teams involved Chicago can't offer the flexibility that the spurs can....Chicago is over the cap meaning they have to send back a contract to Houston which Houston won't do because they want the cap space
    Just checked after hearing this, but Chicago has a 5+ mil traded player exception that they can use.

vCash
    Andrei Kirilenko is now a FA. For the right price, I think he'd be a really good fit for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Andrei Kirilenko is now a FA. For the right price, I think he'd be a really good fit for us.
    I agree, but he opted out of a 10 mil year, so idk what he wants plus he's injury prone, but I do like him
    Quote of the playoffs "Penetration always leads to something good"

vCash
    Absolutely not on the AK47. Unless he walked away from Minny to play for a contender and doesn't care about the money, he is going to want a 3+ year contract starting at least at the MLE. For a 32 year old wing who relies on athleticism, this seems like a bad idea (see Ginobili, Manu). Here are just a few other concerns I have.

Poor 3p shooter.
    Mediocre FT and midrange shooter.
    Inconsistent and I wouldn't trust that he would be giving us exactly what he did this last year.

I just think we can find a cheaper option. I am not concerned about this year but rather the next two. And having an older wing at a high price is not logical.

vCash
    AK 47 is not really needed for spurs, i like him, but he's not what we need. 2 yrs ago yes, right now? no...
    + he is not good as he was, injury prone, not very athletic anymore, not a shooter, etc.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast