Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ronaldo to leave Manchester United?

Ron: It’s over

CRISTIANO RONALDO plans to quit Manchester United this summer for a £70million move to Real Madrid.

And in a double whammy for United, Manchester City are ready to battle Liverpool to capture Carlos Tevez.

Ronaldo has told friends and team-mates to forget stories he is staying at Old Trafford.

After a hat-trick of titles and two Champions League finals, he feels he has achieved what he wanted.

Now he is keen to revive Real's fortunes in a record-breaking switch to the Bernabeu.

A United source said: "He looks to have made up his mind again. He is not saying it publicly with such a big game coming up next week in the Champions League final.

"But in his mind that will be his last. The fact Real trailed Barcelona in La Liga this season only makes the challenge more exciting for him."

Ronaldo made his feelings clear to those close to him as recently as last Saturday, when the champagne was still flowing after United's title-clinching home draw with Arsenal.

SunSport understands a number of senior players have been trying to talk round the Portuguese wizard but he is having none of it.

And manager Alex Ferguson, who won the same fight last summer, will now find it very difficult to keep the World Player of the Year.

A £30m Tevez move across Manchester to join old enemies City would horrify United fans but suit the unsettled Argentinian striker.

Though there will be no European football at Eastlands next season, City can offer him the regular Premier League spot he craves.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-Its-over.html

The Sun is pretty spot on when it comes to these sort of transfer rumours. Will be interesting to see what happens, Fergie won the battle last year, maybe he can do so again. 70 million will be hard to turn down though, especialy the financial situation Man U are in, its better than losign him for next to nothing the year after.

and yes, I think he's insane wanting to go to Real

as for Tevez, seems to be Liverpool he will go to unless City make any big name signings

I REALLY, REALLLY hope Ronaldo thinks this through carefully. It is so much tighter play in Spain than in England that he could fall into oblivion similarly to Ronadinho did in Italy.

This is the time he needs proper guidance in his life if he wants to remain one of the greatest footballers. As far as Man U is considered, how could they refuse £70million? That fool, Galzer has screwed this team royally financially.

I would be surprised if he actually leaves for Real Madrid. But they won't pay him a ton of money like some people think.
    Buying Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United for a figure of up to 100 million euros would be 'madness', Real Madrid presidential candidate Juan Onieva said on Friday.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nsfers&cc=5901

Quote Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
    I REALLY, REALLLY hope Ronaldo thinks this through carefully. It is so much tighter play in Spain than in England that he could fall into oblivion similarly to Ronadinho did in Italy.
    I don't think it wil hurt him that much. Spain is still pretty open for a player like him. He would have problems in Italy where it is much more rugged, just like Ronaldinho is having.
    Last edited by TheRedMarauder; 05-24-2009 at 11:02 AM.

he wil leave and Real will pay like 20-30 millions MAX.

Ive seen it before, real buys a players agent, pormiese th aplayer a ton of salary , palyer goes rebel on team, tema says we want 60 million, real says, we are not paying that much for a player that wants to join us, the player goes public about wanting to leave real says, he he is the one wating out we ahve the leverage, take your 30 million or you are ****ed with a player that wont show up training.

The team sells the player for 20 million.

I wish Uefa had the bollocks to stop this with rules

team that goes and talks to a player that has CONTRACT with other teams gets EXPELLED from Champions league.

This is one of the things why i hate Real, they always do this kind of stuff and get away with it.
    ]

yeah but United arent retards like all those other clubs. They want him, Fergie wants him, they arent going to give him up without a fight. Remember last season he wanted to go, aid he was unhappy. He moped about for a few days, and then just got on with it and stayed.

I think Fergies word is final, its down to him. Be professional enough to let him do as he wishes, or stamp down and get what he and the club wants...and needs

they started the beckham conversations 1 year earlier, see how it ended.
    ]

jimbob just be happy they dont want Essien, or Lampard.

Barcelona is talking to Ashley Cole anyway.
    ]

Cristiano Ronaldo insists he feels 'at home' at Manchester United and has no desire to leave the club.

Speculation continues to link the reigning World Player of the Year with a high-profile summer switch to Real Madrid.

The Spanish giants have denied having a pre-contract agreement in place with the Portuguese superstar, and United are unwilling to sell, but the rumours persist.

Ronaldo is hoping to lay the issue to rest once and for all, though, and has once again reiterated his undying dedication to the Red Devils cause.

He explained in the News of the World: "Manchester United is my home. My heart is here. This is where I want to play.

"The boss (Sir Alex Ferguson) believes in this team and so do I. Ever since I joined United he has been like a second father to me.

"This is my home now. I think even when I say my heart is here people are going to speak up and make things up. But this is where I want to play.

"We are part of an era that can go down in history for the way we are playing and for the trophies we are winning.

"The boss believes in this team and so do I. And this is where I want to be. Manchester United is now my house."

- Sky Sports

http://www.footballtransferleague.co...?paper=The+Sun

The Sun is not very often right about these things. There's a chance, but i don't think he's leaving. There was more of a chance last summer. It's just wishful thinking by fans of other top teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Éire go Brách View Post
    The Sun is not very often right about these things. There's a chance, but i don't think he's leaving. There was more of a chance last summer. It's just wishful thinking by fans of other top teams.
    x2 I agree I do not think he will leave. Especially if they win the CLF (which they won't )

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    they started the beckham conversations 1 year earlier, see how it ended.
    nah I swear Beckham wanted to leave. Fergie had abused him so much that season (when he threw a boot at him), it was just best for him to move on, best for everyone involved. And now they're saying Beckham to Chelsea with Ancelotti...noooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    jimbob just be happy they dont want Essien, or Lampard.

Barcelona is talking to Ashley Cole anyway.
    Essien, Lampard and Terry wont leave for anyone.

And I highly doubt Ashley Cole leaves, he has jus settled in and is playing the best football he has ever played for us, he wont go. Also he likes being a party boy in London too much, and I doubt his misses wants to go live in Barca when she has too much going on in England

anyway, we shall see. Evra came out in the paper today telling Fergie to sign Ribery as a replacement lol...speculation is rife, but isnt that what you lve about the transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobjarree View Post
    nah I swear Beckham wanted to leave. Fergie had abused him so much that season (when he threw a boot at him), it was just best for him to move on, best for everyone involved. And now they're saying Beckham to Chelsea with Ancelotti...noooooooo

Essien, Lampard and Terry wont leave for anyone.

And I highly doubt Ashley Cole leaves, he has jus settled in and is playing the best football he has ever played for us, he wont go. Also he likes being a party boy in London too much, and I doubt his misses wants to go live in Barca when she has too much going on in England
    Funny you said that about Beckham - I was watching inside sport yesterday with him on it and he said he never wanted to leave, he was forced to. I'd imagine Real's involvement caused Fergie to burst out like that anyway.

As for Chelsea, you're right that they won't go, but do you really want Cole? Sure, he's been good recently but he's never really been a very consistent defender. How long will it last?

And so the show beggings.

go to THE SUNS web page and watch Cristiano ditch Ferggie and say they lsot because of bad coaching.

He is already in Madrids Payroll
    ]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast