Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    there's a reaosn why GM's dont really trade with in the same division
    1. The asking/demands would be alot more than if they sent him to the AL
    2. They wouldn't want to face their ACE over and over and get killed by them

PEavy to LA is not going to happen, unless you dont mind, Kemp + Kershaw + Dewitt on the Padres

vCash
    Here's one final note why the Peavy trade would be a bad idea, we would be giving up too much for a pitcher that is very overrated. Over the last 3 years he has a very nice 2.72 ERA at home but a very average 3.73 ERA on the road. We have the money to spend but why give up so much when we have better right now in Chad Billingsly. We could probably get the same caliber of pitcher for a cheaper price, something like Roy Oswalt or something.

vCash
    No thanks.

You can keep your declining and expensive Peavy, we will keep our young, athletic, and cheap prospects.

The Pads have overplayed their hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Living Legend View Post
    No thanks.

You can keep your declining and expensive Peavy, we will keep our young, athletic, and cheap prospects.

The Pads have overplayed their hand.
    Stop being a shameless homer and recognize. If the Dodgers could pull off a deal for Peavy you can start printing WS tickets tommorrow. Jake is that damn good and with him, and Billz @ the top of the rotation the Dodgers would win multiple championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scully1988 View Post
    Stop being a shameless homer and recognize. If the Dodgers could pull off a deal for Peavy you can start printing WS tickets tommorrow. Jake is that damn good and with him, and Billz @ the top of the rotation the Dodgers would win multiple championships.
    Shameless homer??? hahahaha.

Think about what you are saying.

In order to get Peavy we need to give up 3 players on the 25 man roster.

How does that make us better?

It makes us a lot worse because the players that we trade away will continue to develop while Peavy can only decline.

Peavy is pretty good but don't forget that he has been pitching in the weakest offensive division in baseball for the last 5+ years so his stats are a bit inflated.

You say that doesn't matter?

Well it will matter a lot if the Dodgers get to the World Series and he gets blown out in game one by an AL team.

Trust me, the Padres are handcuffed with Peavy's no trade clause.

Unless the asking price comes WAY down, below the white sox offer, then I say PASS.
    Last edited by Living Legend; 05-27-2009 at 05:00 AM.

vCash
    Padres are not trading Peavy to LA. I would love to get Bedard though.

vCash
    The ONLY way the Padres will trade Peavy to L.A. is if Peavy declines every other trade.

IF he does this and forces the Padres hand, I would be willing to give up 3 top prospects for him. Maybe Kemp.... only if it is him and 2 AA(or lower) prospects.

Untouchables:
    Bills
    Kershaw
    Martin
    Ethier

I would prefer to go after Halladay though!
    Last edited by VinScully4pres.; 05-27-2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: addition

vCash
    I think they will ask for too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VinScully4pres. View Post
    The ONLY way the Padres will trade Peavy to L.A. is if Peavy declines every other trade.

IF he does this and forces the Padres hand, I would be willing to give up 3 top prospects for him. Maybe Kemp.... only if it is him and 2 AA(or lower) prospects.

Untouchables:
    Bills
    Kershaw
    Martin
    Ethier

I would prefer to go after Halladay though!
    Ethier untouchable? God I hope not.....I like the guy, but he hasn't proven to be all that good yet, let alone untouchable.

vCash
    ^ I'd consider Kemp untouchable over Ethier and I'm a big Ethier fan.
    My favorite Mixed Martial Artist include...

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scully1988 View Post
    Do you really believe that? How many multiple championships have been won with 2 pitchers? Especially when getting one means you are going to lose 3 or 4 of the following, Kemp, Ethier, Martin, Hu, Dewitt, Bills, Kershaw, McDonald, Loney, Paul, Lambo, Hoffman...
    My favorite Mixed Martial Artist include...

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NomarsOnlyHR View Post
    Ethier untouchable? God I hope not.....I like the guy, but he hasn't proven to be all that good yet, let alone untouchable.
    Ethier has been a top producer for the Dodgers and will continue to be without becoming to costly.

Teams believe in Kemps "Potential" and that is the only thing that will net us a top player....Kemp MAY be a 30/30 guy and he MAY be a 10hr/30sb guy. time will tell.

I mentioned Ethier as untouchable for that reason. We know what we are getting and anything better would cost millions McCheap doesnt have(haha).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VinScully4pres. View Post
    Ethier has been a top producer for the Dodgers and will continue to be without becoming to costly.

Teams believe in Kemps "Potential" and that is the only thing that will net us a top player....Kemp MAY be a 30/30 guy and he MAY be a 10hr/30sb guy. time will tell.

I mentioned Ethier as untouchable for that reason. We know what we are getting and anything better would cost millions McCheap doesnt have(haha).
    Not sure how you meant may be. But he had 35 stolen bases last year and 18 home runs. Have you done a side by side comparison of his stats and Ethier's ?

Even look at right now today and compare them.

vCash
    Let Peavy rot in SD because their GM will want too much in a trade. Colletti would do the same if he were trading Billingsley to SD.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by swells2048 View Post
    ^ I'd consider Kemp untouchable over Ethier and I'm a big Ethier fan.
    Why? Sure Kemp has hit some long HRs but he's not power hitter, the kid is not a slugger( only 4 HR). I can only go with what my eyes see. Kemp hits a lot of 8 hoppers that find a hole, soft liners, but I just dont see enough ABs where the ball is just jumping off his bat. Btw, didn't Kemp go like 2wks without an RBI???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast