Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Why Dont we go after Peavy?

Yeah maybe the Pad's would like to keep him from rivals but we do have the farm talent to get them interested. He could be a great 1 2 combo with Bills. Just a thought and comments welcome. Surprised no one has posted a thread about this already.

vCash
    Surprised no one has posted a thread?

There have been tons of thread on this subject.
    "... ever noticed how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldn't have ****ed with? - that's me."

vCash
    Funny, this seems like VERY old news and been talked about a million times. Now it'll be an issue again since he rejected the Chisox trade.

I wonder if we could match what the Chisox offered and IF the Padres would take it, even though we share the same turf. I think JMac would be the headstone of the package.
    5>2

vCash
    I was not meaning that the trade had never come up before considering the Pad's were trying to unload him before spring training. Just wondering why we are not considering it now since our rotation seems to be a day to day thing on who starts when. We do have a nice luxury with lots of arms but eventually our good luck and the situational starts are going to bit us in the

vCash
    I agree with that. We can't do sport starts every 5 days and expect great results.

Peavy wouldn't demand an MLB starter, as the trade earlier showed.
    "... ever noticed how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldn't have ****ed with? - that's me."

vCash
    I don't know if McCourt wants to spend that kind of money.
    Getting Peavy would put us on top during the post season. Pitching is what wins. Just ask Torre.

vCash
    I don't think the Pads would trade him to the Dodgers no matter what they offer them. Would be nice though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vicodens View Post
    Yeah maybe the Pad's would like to keep him from rivals but we do have the farm talent to get them interested. He could be a great 1 2 combo with Bills. Just a thought and comments welcome. Surprised no one has posted a thread about this already.
    Read the latest on Peavy here:
    http://mikesciosciastragicillness.com/
    5>2

vCash
    dodgers general manager ned colletti told dan patrick today that the dodgers have discussed jake peavy with the padres a few times, most recently about a month ago. After talking with padres gm kevin towers, it doesn’t appear the two teams are a match.
    “he told me that if we’re going to make a deal with the dodgers, we’re going to make you guys pay like nobody else,” colletti said.
    The asking price? Colletti said at one point it was three players on their 25-man roster plus a “strong prospect.
    lmao

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lukemccain View Post
    I don't know if McCourt wants to spend that kind of money.
    Getting Peavy would put us on top during the post season. Pitching is what wins. Just ask Torre.
    Except Peavy absolutely blows in the post season.

The Pads want way too much to trade him with us. We would have to get sneaky and get another team involved that we could make a deal with without the Pads knowing.
    My favorite Mixed Martial Artist include...

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatMilk View Post
    lmao
    Screw them, that means 3 would be out of this group because they dont want any big contracts : kemp, ethier,kershaw, russ, or loney but they have gonzalez, plus like dewitt or jmac. Thats pretty dumb of the pads since peavy would definitely agree to go with us. The madres are in no position to ask for that much anymore since theyve been unsuccessful finding a trading partner for months of well publicised trade talk. They look desperate so if we dont get em now at a bargain now we never will.
    I was trying to quote the entire goatmilk post by the way!
    Last edited by DCLAFAN; 05-22-2009 at 12:36 PM.

vCash
    I'm sure the Padres want something like Billingsley, Kershaw, and Kemp.

In other words, they are not going to deal Peavy to the Dodgers. Not right now.

Maybe if Jake vetoes every other possibility, the Pads may get desperate and get what they can for him from us to unload his massive contract, which is interfering with their desire to rebuild with young players.

vCash
    In all honesty, Peavy has the Padres by the balls. They need to move him because they don't want to be locked up financially, but he can veto any team he doesn't like. From what I have heard, It sounds like he really wants to play for the Dodgers. The asking price is already far less than it was last year, so I don't think the same type of package would be needed. If we offer a pretty decent package, and Jake says the only team he wants to play for is LA, I could see them making the trade. They would rather have some prospects, then be locked up financially with no prospects.

vCash
    I dunno...in my observations, Peavy always seems to let it be known how much he hates the Dodgers. He's a southern boy from Alabama...I think he is not the type for west coast sensibilities. Why he's not pitching for the Braves right now is beyond me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mOrphosis View Post
    I dunno...in my observations, Peavy always seems to let it be known how much he hates the Dodgers. He's a southern boy from Alabama...I think he is not the type for west coast sensibilities. Why he's not pitching for the Braves right now is beyond me.
    Of course with the Padres Peavy is going to say that he hates the Dodgers. He is a fierce competitor and the Dodgers are the enemy. It's the company line. All of the Padres should be saying it. However, when he walks off the field and considers the business side of the game, and coupled with his desire to win, the Dodgers look very attractive.

Peavy has also settled into the SoCal lifestyle and has a new home here. He likes the area and doesn't want to leave.

He has leverage and has a right to exercise the flexibilty he has. He knows he'll get what he wants by being patient.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast