Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will be the better NBA player Beasley or Griffin?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Beasley

62 43.36%
  • Blake Griffin

81 56.64%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    Beasley is more offensively polished but Griffin has more physical gifts. His athleticism, feet and hands, touch around the basket, strength and size, and explosiveness are all superior to Beasley's. Both are good rebounders, but Griffin is better.

Beasley has a really smooth jumpshot and has a confidence about him that I really like, but Griffin has that same confidence.

Right now, just based on potential and college performances, I think Griffin will be the better player. But they're both very young and have plenty of room to improve.
    All false notions. Beasley has great hands, footwork and touch around the rim...better than Griffin's actually. I agree that Griffin is stockier and stronger though. People forget how good of an athlete Beasley is because he has "Chase Budinger syndrome". Beasley can probably leap just as high as Griffin but he rarely displays it in game, because of that Griffin is more explosive.

vCash
    Beasley will be the better player because he is more talented.

vCash
    Beasley has 30.00 PPG potential

vCash
    so does Griffin. Griffin has all the tools to be a solid all around player, but he never had to/was able to. On offense, nobody could compare to him, so all he did was slam the ball in the post. On defense, he couldn't afford to get into foul trouble, so he didn't play hard on D. Sure Beasley may be more talented on offense, but the knock on him was about how lazy he is. Griffin is a work-a-holic. That swung my vote.

vCash
    Blake Griffin end of story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClipperfanKevin View Post
    so does Griffin. Griffin has all the tools to be a solid all around player, but he never had to/was able to. On offense, nobody could compare to him, so all he did was slam the ball in the post. On defense, he couldn't afford to get into foul trouble, so he didn't play hard on D. Sure Beasley may be more talented on offense, but the knock on him was about how lazy he is. Griffin is a work-a-holic. That swung my vote.
    Another false gesture.

Beasley was the favorite of the Heat coaching staff this year because he was the hardest worker and the most coachable.

He looks lazy on the court, but that's style and because the game comes easy to him.

Any concerns about Beasley's character and work ethich were unwarranted and ridiculous.

Also, I pray that you don't actually believe that Griffin has 30 PPG potential

Oh, and what swung your vote is that you're a Clipper fan and your team won the lottery, not anything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
    Beasley has 30.00 PPG potential
    wooow that pushing it more like 22-25 pg... i dont believe king jame or KG has ever put up 30 pg.
    Hardwork beats talent when talent fails to work hard.-The GREAT Kevin Durant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xmoney328 View Post
    wooow that pushing it more like 22-25 pg... i dont believe king jame or KG has ever put up 30 pg.
    Who the hell is King Jame? And if you're talking about LeBron James...yes he's averaged 30 ppg for a season. Beasley in his prime will be more than capable of scoring at will, 10 years from now he'll be 30 and in the thick of his prime. As a primary option 27-30 ppg will be easy for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b_rad23 View Post
    Another false gesture.

Beasley was the favorite of the Heat coaching staff this year because he was the hardest worker and the most coachable.

He looks lazy on the court, but that's style and because the game comes easy to him.

Any concerns about Beasley's character and work ethich were unwarranted and ridiculous.

Also, I pray that you don't actually believe that Griffin has 30 PPG potential

Oh, and what swung your vote is that you're a Clipper fan and your team won the lottery, not anything else.
    No, actually I just never really liked Beasley. I don't have any evidence either way (him being a good player or not), but last season (before we won the lottery) I didn't like him either.

vCash
    No, actually I just never really liked Beasley. I don't have any evidence either way (him being a good player or not), but last season (before we won the lottery) I didn't like him either.
    You shouldn't base your opinion of a player's value upon whether or not you "like" him if you freely admit to having no evidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theuuord View Post
    You shouldn't base your opinion of a player's value upon whether or not you "like" him if you freely admit to having no evidence.
    Ok, I don't like him because he's a tweener forward who doesn't play defense. If people question your work ethic, it means something. Sure he might have been a hard worker once he joined the heat, but the fact that his work ethic was questioned in the first place turns me off of him. I just don't think he has the drive to reach superstardom.

vCash
    Griffin has the athletic ability that a player can have,and you would think that with that ability,he would be very cocky or wouldnt work as hard,but we all see that with him that isnt the case.Griffin dives for loose balls,no matter if they are on the floor,headed for row seven in the stands or about to have a meeting with the announce team.Griffin can run the floor like a perimeter player and can jump out of the gym.The clippers are getting a steal,because they are going to pair up Baron Davis,Chris Kaman and EG with a NBA ready player in Griffin.Griffin is a 12.0 and 10.0 player next year or maybe more points then that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xmoney328 View Post
    this post proves you know nothing about basketball.

vCash
    Ok, I don't like him because he's a tweener forward who doesn't play defense. If people question your work ethic, it means something. Sure he might have been a hard worker once he joined the heat, but the fact that his work ethic was questioned in the first place turns me off of him. I just don't think he has the drive to reach superstardom.
    ...and Griffin doesn't have the talent to reach superstardom.

What does it matter when he becomes a hard worker? All that matters is that he is a hard worker.

vCash
    I'll take Griffin because he's a bull. For those that are saying he won't be able to do what he did in college, you've gotta understand, he'll still be beast like but it'll be tougher for him and he'll be beasting less often. His game isn't just going to disappear. He has top notch quickness, jumping ability, heart, work ethic. Not taking anything away from Beasley but I'm more of a Griffin guy.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast