Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will be the better NBA player Beasley or Griffin?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Beasley

62 43.36%
  • Blake Griffin

81 56.64%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Mike Beasley vs. Blake Griffin

Who will be a better pro?

Discuss.
    Last edited by Jonathan2323; 05-21-2009 at 07:13 PM.

vCash
    I say Griffin because he doesn't look like he will shy away from banging around the basket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post
    I say Griffin because he doesn't look like he will shy away from banging around the basket
    yeah but he is very raw offensively. He is not a good shooter and is post game is alright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan2323 View Post
    yeah but he is very raw offensively. He is not a good shooter and is post game is alright.
    Youd be surprised how meaningless skills can be if your not an aggressive player.

Thornton has all the skills one would need to be an All-Star, he only lacks the brain to know how to attack the rim effectively. Im hoping Griffin is one of those players who what he does know how to do, he can do it. Like Maggette when he was with us, all he did was slash and get free throws but he was a very good offensive player.

scandaless2 is offline Derrick "THE ROCKET" Rose
    vCash
    B-Eazy

vCash
    I believe Griffin will have a better rookie season due to getting more minutes. Beasley was never really given the playing time that you'd expect the second overall pick to get. Griffin is expected to start but you never really know how the Clips manage him. Their will be more pressure on Griffin to perform.

In terms of talent, ability etc. Beasley has him on talent, his offensive skillset is better. He's a calm and collective player. Needs to work on his defense, it's a bit inconsistent. He has stretches where he'll put the effort in and then slack off. Also, a bit undersized. Griffin is a better rebounder than Beasley due to being bigger and more aggresive. It's like the dude's hungry for those rebounds. Passing is probably the same. Griffin's a bit better at passing outta the double. I'd take Griffin's work ethic, determination, aggresion over Beasley's though. I'm yet to see that sort of passion from Beasley. He has all the tools but I'd like to see him WANT it more. I haven't seen much of either player so I might be a bit off on my analysis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan23 View Post
    I believe Griffin will have a better rookie season due to getting more minutes. Beasley was never really given the playing time that you'd expect the second overall pick to get. Griffin is expected to start but you never really know how the Clips manage him. Their will be more pressure on Griffin to perform.

In terms of talent, ability etc. Beasley has him on talent, his offensive skillset is better. He's a calm and collective player. Needs to work on his defense, it's a bit inconsistent. He has stretches where he'll put the effort in and then slack off. Also, a bit undersized. Griffin is a better rebounder than Beasley due to being bigger and more aggresive. It's like the dude's hungry for those rebounds. Passing is probably the same. Griffin's a bit better at passing outta the double. I'd take Griffin's work ethic, determination, aggresion over Beasley's though. I'm yet to see that sort of passion from Beasley. He has all the tools but I'd like to see him WANT it more. I haven't seen much of either player so I might be a bit off on my analysis.
    good analysis for not haven't seen these players to much.

vCash
    In terms of talent, ability etc. Beasley has him on talent, his offensive skillset is better. He's a calm and collective player. He has stretches where he'll put the effort in and then slack off.
    All true points

Griffin is a better rebounder than Beasley due to being bigger and more aggressive. It's like the dude's hungry for those rebounds. Passing is probably the same. Griffin's a bit better at passing outta the double. I'd take Griffin's work ethic, determination, aggression over Beasley's though.
    And this is why i would take Blake. He plays with intensity and heart. Which is a very underrated factor to being a player in any sport. You want to play with a guy who plays every minute like it is his last

vCash
    man, I am still a really big Beasley fan. I think he got sparse playing time in Miami, and still looked good. I think Beasely at this point, because I have seen he will be, at the very least, a Glenn Robinson. 22 ppg, 8 rpg. Needs to work on the defensive end.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    man, I am still a really big Beasley fan. I think he got sparse playing time in Miami, and still looked good. I think Beasely at this point, because I have seen he will be, at the very least, a Glenn Robinson. 22 ppg, 8 rpg. Needs to work on the defensive end.
    beasley needs to improve his shot immensely to ever be as good as glenn robinson

vCash
    I say Griffin because of his work-ethic. Depending on how long Dunleavy will be coaching the Clippers, he has an excellent coach on his staff named Kim Hughes. He works with the post players and is credited for expanding Elton Brand's game to the high-post, all while shooting over 50% from the field. He has also done a great job with Chris Kaman, who many scouts didn't think would make much of an NBA player. As a Clippers fan, I would be excited to see what he could do with a young, driven player like Griffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by montazingmvp View Post
    beasley needs to improve his shot immensely to ever be as good as glenn robinson
    Beasley at 20 is far better than Glenn was. Remember, Beas should be going into his junior year. Glenn never had college stats like Beas, even as a senior, when he dominated. I just think they are very similar. Beasley's 19 footer will become automatic. You know that. I can't think of a better comparison than the 2.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Beasley at 20 is far better than Glenn was. Remember, Beas should be going into his junior year. Glenn never had college stats like Beas, even as a senior, when he dominated. I just think they are very similar. Beasley's 19 footer will become automatic. You know that. I can't think of a better comparison than the 2.
    glenn robinson's first year in the league he was avg'ing 22ppg and 6rpg when he was only 21

beasley has a long way to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by montazingmvp View Post
    glenn robinson's first year in the league he was avg'ing 22ppg and 6rpg when he was only 21

beasley has a long way to go
    He also shot only 45% and played 37 minutes per game. Adjust for pace, context, and playing time, and Beasley actually had a more efficient season. Glenn produced more in his rookie season solely because he was on the court more.

vCash
    I think Griffin's size and athleticism, and the fact that he a lot more level headed give him the nod. He doesn't have the offensive skills Beasley has, but he has all the intangibles and I think I much more competitive mind frame.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast