Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: A better player right now!

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deron Williams

16 51.61%
  • Chauncey Billups

15 48.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Deron Williams or Chauncey Billups

Whose a better player right now in the year 2009!

vCash
    easily billups, sorry couldn't resist.
    Anyway, yes it's billups. Better defender, better leader, handled the ball better. Led, imo, a less talented team farther. Deron was just too inconsistent this year.

vCash
    Williams was hurt not inconsistent....

I picked Williams he is one down from CP

vCash
    D. Will no question about it.

vCash
    Everytime D Will touches the ball and looks to score I get nervous. This guy is off the charts. I understand that Billups brings the things you can't put stats on but I've never bought that Mr. Big shot, but D will man.

vCash
    Deron.

vCash
    I think Laker fans appreciate Deron Williams more than other fans because we see Utah so many times during the season and playoffs. His crossover is killer, and his jump shot and court vision just makes him a complete player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by i.got.the.nutz View Post
    I think Laker fans appreciate Deron Williams more than other fans because we see Utah so many times during the season and playoffs. His crossover is killer, and his jump shot and court vision just makes him a complete player.
    hell yeah dude.. Deron Williams kills us every time.

He's got the entire package. Great scorer, his stroke is fn sweet, he is pretty damn quick for his bulk, and he hits some damn clutch shots.

vCash
    Chauncey Billups

vCash
    Deron Williams is very a good point guard (he hasn't quite lived up to his potential, which is rather scary). But, Billups is still the better perimeter defender, the better leader, the better ball-handler, better at leading the fast break, and the better scorer; in other words he doesn't hoist up too many shots I don't like, and, when his jumper fails him, he takes it to the hole to either lay it in or initiate contact to draw the foul. And with a career free-throw percentage in the 90's, it's no wonder that I used to get cold sweats when seeing Billups drive to the rim, back in his Detroit days.

Williams will get even better, there's no doubt that this year, he was hampered by that ankle injury all season-long (one of the key reasons he shied away from contact). Reducing his effectiveness, he mentioned himself, "not feeling 100%." In my opinion, he's got the body to be a really good defender on the perimeter, if he can lose some fat and add more muscle in key areas, he can retain his strength (if not increase it) all the while allowing himself to become quicker on the floor. I like Williams, his style of play is far from flashy. But, in terms of potential he's got a higher ceiling than Chris Paul. Especially, when considering overall effectiveness and longevity.

For now though, Billups is the better point guard.
    Last edited by f19ure; 06-22-2009 at 12:16 PM.

vCash
    Chauncey Billups can make any team better. I cant say that for Deron

vCash
    Deron

vCash
    Chauncey is better right now but I would rather have Deron due to his young age.

vCash
    Chauncey is the best PG in the league and if the playoffs did not prove that then you are just in denial.

vCash
    call me crazy but i think Deron Williams is the best point in the game. Ill take him over Billups, Nash, or even Paul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast