Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

is our pitching really this bad??

Sox offense puts up 4 quick ones against Anaheim for Wake and he can't hold it and last night again, Lester can't hold it. When are they going to start pitching up to their potential. This is absolutly brutal right now watching these starters.

vCash
    Lester is proving to be a one hit wonder. Lucky for him that Papi is taking all the negative spotlight.
    P(NBA)S(NBA)D. Yeah we sometimes talk about other sports.

vCash
    im a yankee fan, i guess this is why they have to play the games. who would have thought that Lester and Beckett would have ERA's over 6, and that Wang would be the worst pitcher in baseball. in 13 years of watching baseball since i was 12 or 13 i have never seen a pitcher get lit up the way wang has, let alone a #2 or 3 type starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jtchilln View Post
    Sox offense puts up 4 quick ones against Anaheim for Wake and he can't hold it and last night again, Lester can't hold it. When are they going to start pitching up to their potential. This is absolutly brutal right now watching these starters.
    Atleast if our bullpen gets the lead we usually can keep it. Best bullpen in baseball so far. Lester and Beckett will come around and we all knew Wake wasn't going to keep his era in the 2's all year. He's more of a 4 to mid 4's for era.

vCash
    beckett didnt have a lot of wins last year though right? i feel like he has become like a playoff secret weapon. hell probably turn it around but do you think he will be good for 15 wins this year?

vCash
    were alright when they do come around, man league watch out, lester has too good of stuff, location issues again are messing him up
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    They can't be as bad as they're showing. They're all proven guys. WTF is going on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    im a yankee fan, i guess this is why they have to play the games. who would have thought that Lester and Beckett would have ERA's over 6, and that Wang would be the worst pitcher in baseball. in 13 years of watching baseball since i was 12 or 13 i have never seen a pitcher get lit up the way wang has, let alone a #2 or 3 type starter.

I've been saying since before the season that something is wrong with Wang. I never thought he'd be this bad though.

More generally, I don't know what's going on with Jon Lester. He's got to settle down. I'm worried about Beckett long-term, but if the playoffs started tomorrow, he'd still be my go-to guy.
    Why so seriaaaasssssssss???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lwante View Post
    Atleast if our bullpen gets the lead we usually can keep it. Best bullpen in baseball so far. Lester and Beckett will come around and we all knew Wake wasn't going to keep his era in the 2's all year. He's more of a 4 to mid 4's for era.
    The problem with this is that so long as they keep having to pitch so much, our bullpen will get less strong as we go.

Our starters need to step it up so that the bullpen doesn't get over-worked and less effective over time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GPMicro View Post
    I've been saying since before the season that something is wrong with Wang. I never thought he'd be this bad though.

More generally, I don't know what's going on with Jon Lester. He's got to settle down. I'm worried about Beckett long-term, but if the playoffs started tomorrow, he'd still be my go-to guy.
    i hope his hip was really bothering him, at least that would explain it. i mean he was one of the most consistent pitchers in baseball since he came up. Beckett has never been too great in the regular season except for 07, but he is still a guy you know can shut u down on any given night. but he too has been getting hit really hard, as has lester. im just very suprised.

vCash
    i hate west coast trips we suck out there until october

vCash
    The good news is that Boston is only two games out of first with their best bat out of the lineup and their best pitchers just a phone call away. The bad news is that Dice-K will be back soon, most likely providing little relief for the relief.

vCash
    Relax it's still very early. We have Smoltz coming, Buchholz, Bowden tearing the AAA a new one. We have Penny starting to give us innings.

It will swing. Remember where you heard it.