Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

No joke; Anthony Davis is retiring too

This is per Matt Maiocco. I just copied his tweets.

Ex-49ers RT Anthony Davis cited what's best for his body and mental health for stepping away. He missed time last season with a concussion.
    Expand
    1h
    Matt Maiocco ✔ @MaioccoCSN
    #49ers GM Trent Baalke says organization thanks Anthony Davis for his contributions ďand wishes him the best as he moves on from the game."

I also saw that Davis said he is taking a year or two off from the NFL. Wow, what an off-season we've had. The hits just keep on coming.

No joke; Anthony Davis is retiring too.

At this point we have to be cursed
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

Sorry, folks, I didn't see that there was a different post where this was being discussed at length. I just got home from work and didn't see a main post about it. Good times eh?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I consider it a balancing. Through the first few years of Harbaugh's tenure we had almost no significant injury issues. Things always have a way of evening out.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I consider it a balancing. Through the first few years of Harbaugh's tenure we had almost no significant injury issues. Things always have a way of evening out.
    This isn't injuries though, this is 2 young players retiring for no immediate reason.

When was the last time a young player quit not for any specific reason or incident, let alone two.
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

This isn't injuries though, this is 2 young players retiring for no immediate reason.

When was the last time a young player quit not for any specific reason or incident, let alone two.
    Borland and Davis are both for injury reasons, just long term issue types.

I'm gonna go ape **** if Trent Brown is the starter replacing Davis. I see him having a bright future, but the guy needs to shed some weight first because i can see guys like Demarcus Ware, Mario Edwards and such schooling the guy ! I think they need to look at Free agency first .

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore:30024065
    I'm gonna go ape **** if Trent Brown is the starter replacing Davis. I see him having a bright future, but the guy needs to shed some weight first because i can see guys like Demarcus Ware, Mario Edwards and such schooling the guy ! I think they need to look at Free agency first .
    I'd be better with Brown than Pears.

Rather move Boone to RT and Martin to RG.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:30024318
    Rather move Boone to RT and Martin to RG.
    I would think that is a no brainer. Hopefully management feels the same way.

I'd rather cut Boone
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06:30024454
    I'd rather cut Boone
    Before this...I would be ok with that. Now...they unfortunately need a guy who can play RT.

I like Brown but now right now. I don't like Pears at all.

Yeah, Boone can't be cut now regardless. Pears starting anywhere would worry me, as a backup I'm fine with him. Let Boone earn a big pay day at RT while Brown comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Yeah, Boone can't be cut now regardless. Pears starting anywhere would worry me, as a backup I'm fine with him. Let Boone earn a big pay day at RT while Brown comes along.
    Not only can't he be cut, but with this turn of events they should look to give him what he wants,,, or close to it, and extend him.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black55 View Post
    Not only can't he be cut, but with this turn of events they should look to give him what he wants,,, or close to it, and extend him.
    I wouldn't go that far.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast