Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Week Thread

vCash

Bye Week Thread

Thought it might be nice to have a place to discuss some 49er related news through the BYE week. Injury Updates, Remaining Schedule, Contract Discussions, etc ...

49ers Remaining Schedule

8 Bye Week

9 Nov 02 STL @ SF Levi's Stadium 4:05 PM

10 Nov 09 SF @ NO Mercedes-Benz Superdome 1:00 PM

11 Nov 16 SF @ NYG MetLife Stadium 1:00 PM

12 Nov 23 WAS @ SF Levi's Stadium 4:25 PM

13 Nov 27 SEA @ SF Levi's Stadium 8:30 PM

14 Dec 07 SF @ OAK O.co Coliseum 4:25 PM

15 Dec 14 SF @ SEA Century-Link Field 4:25 PM

16 Dec 20 SD @ SF Levi's Stadium 4:30 PM

17 Dec 28 ARI @ SF Levi's Stadium 4:25 PM

Some very winnable games mixed in with some very tough ones. They absolutely must split with Seattle and Win against Arizona to have any shot at the division. As you probably already know, Arizona has a brutal stretch of games coming up, so the division is still very much up for grabs. As for a WC spot, 9-7 will probably not be good enough to sneak in this year. So essentially, the 49ers will have to go a minimum of 6-3 to finish out the season.

Any other news or links, feel free to post and discuss in the thread.

vCash
    I honestly don't see 6-3 happening RIGHT NOW anyway. Yes we're going to get guys back, but I expect at least most of them to have a game or two of sub 100% ability as they come back.

vCash
    I'm hoping for 6-3 like you're saying...but I see 4-5 out of those games right now.

Losses twice to Sea, a loss in NO, NY and probably a loss at home to SD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I honestly don't see 6-3 happening RIGHT NOW anyway. Yes we're going to get guys back, but I expect at least most of them to have a game or two of sub 100% ability as they come back.
    Good Point. I think we all assume that when Smith and Bowman get back that they will immediately start playing at a pro bowl level. Realistically, that is very far fetched.

But, the way I see it:

The Rams, Saints, Giants, Redskins, and Raiders are all very winnable games. In fact, if they don't beat those teams, then they probably don't deserve to make the playoffs. That leaves games against the Hawks (twice) Chargers, and Cardinals.

It sickens me to think they flat out blew the Chicago game and basically pissed away the Arizona game. Sitting at 6-1 right now with the division lead heading into the bye would feel pretty damn awesome. But oh well, can't change the past.

vCash
    Our next 4 games are all very winnable however I expect us to probably go 3-1. That would put us at 7-4 with the difficult stretch run still to go.

One thing to remember is about the time our schedule gets really tough is about the time we start getting all our players back healthy. This is a far different 49er team than our fully healthy selves.
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

vCash
    Iupati, Willis, Smith, Brock, Vernon Davis (should be healthier) Crabtree (see Davis) Bowman....7 guys coming back...I'm not expecting a ton from Bowman, but the rest, should be huge
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06:29163682
    Iupati, Willis, Smith, Brock, Vernon Davis (should be healthier) Crabtree (see Davis) Bowman....7 guys coming back...I'm not expecting a ton from Bowman, but the rest, should be huge
    I agree with that. Brock was definitely not himself vs Denver and Culliver should he healthy too.

Possible that Smith comes back for this game too. I doubt as an every down guy but hopefully he will help the pass rush a little. It'll be interesting to see how Lynch looks with Smith on the other side.

vCash
    I see 5 straight wins out of the gate.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I'm hoping for 6-3 like you're saying...but I see 4-5 out of those games right now.

Losses twice to Sea, a loss in NO, NY and probably a loss at home to SD.
    NY is a bad football team. NO is a bad football team. SD is legit, and will probably beat us. Their offensive and defensive lines will be too much for us. Heck, they were too much for us in the pre-season.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    The 49ers always struggle with that first game out of the bye. Didn't they lose 10-9 last year to Carolina after the bye???

This Rams game could be an upset...

I really do think Marcus Martin has to be accelerated and quickly during this time.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Despite getting hammered in that game, the 49ers offensive and defensive rankings didn't change much.

49ers are 14th in offense, and 2nd in defense. (OVERALL)
    49ers are 17th in passing, 11th in rushing, and 20th in points allowed. (the 49ers red zone defense is as bad as the 49ers red zone offense.)

vCash
    Saw aldon's suspension "could" be reduced for good behavior

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post

That was reported by Florio at PFF... Both Harbaugh and Baalke haven't been notified of that and are unaware of that. They also stated that they don't expect it.

Did they reduce Gordon? So essentially they reduced everyone's except Aldon Smith? Oh and the wife beaters?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo:29164419
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post

That was reported by Florio at PFF... Both Harbaugh and Baalke haven't been notified of that and are unaware of that. They also stated that they don't expect it.

Did they reduce Gordon? So essentially they reduced everyone's except Aldon Smith? Oh and the wife beaters?
    Smith's suspension wasn't announced until the others had already been reduced.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post

Even if they go 6-3, that won't win this division, and won't be a playoff berth.

They'll need to dominate in the 2nd half, and I can guarantee that one of our players expected back will get hurt immediately after returning.

Here's the list, at least one of these players will not contribute significantly to the 2014 season (meaning he'll get hurt again):

1. Marcus Lattimore
    2. Navarro Bowman
    3. Aldon Smith
    4. Glenn Dorsey
    5. One of the major CB's (Brock, Culliver)
    6. Mike Iupati
    7. Anthony Davis
    8. Vernon Davis

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast