Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Aldon Smith has been Released by the 49ers

Following last night's arrest, the 49ers have decided to release Aldon Smith. Hopefully, no one else picks up this alcoholic and the league bans him.
    23-0

vCash
    Wow, it's the right call though

vCash
    I hate this guy so much. So many people (me included) work their butts off for peanuts in comparison...and this POS can't keep his pathetic worthless hide out of trouble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Following last night's arrest, the 49ers have decided to release Aldon Smith. Hopefully, no one else picks up this alcoholic and the league bans him.
    He'll likely be suspended the year minimum at this point. Got 9 games for the last one.

vCash
    With the season so close. I just don't understand what is so hard about getting a cab or with all that money he has, hiring a driver.

vCash
    You can't fix stupid!

It's hard to root for my favorite NFL team when **** like this happens. It's almost a disgrace to accept our SB contending teams consisted of idiots like Aldon Smith & Ray MacDonalds. It's a shame! It's also sad that the NFL players don't know how to "reform" and instead display the most senseless acts of stupidity on a regular basis!

All this crap in the past years in the entire NFL has slowly moved me away from the game. I rarely care about football personally and I grew up with the 49ers at Candlestick. I Am dumbfounded! I can say quite honestly, I am not even psyched for this upcoming season, and that's the most damning!

I don't really understand?
    Goodell comes in, tries his best to reform the game from this crap, but it just gets worse and worse!
    I don't know, I am personally lost at how the NFL, in period, has developed into this spiraling of moral mediocrity over the years!

vCash
    The athletes get paid too much. They think they are invincible. Guaranteed money does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    With cabs, Uber, Lyft and all these other transportation services, its no excuse to even think about driving when drinking anymore. Like City said, you can't fix stupid. Aldon Smith was given a genetic lottery ticket. Blessed with size, speed, talent and the motor to play at the highest level and had a chance to be one of the best, at his position, in the game today. When he was on the field, he played his *** off. Off the field, he's just as ***. The only good news is that the Niners restructured his contract where a lot of his money came in form of bonuses, so they only took a $1.6M cap hit for releasing him. I wouldn't even suspend him for a year or even two. I want this guy indefinitely banned from the league.

On a side note, how bad has Baalke's judgement been in drafting? I'd give him Iupati and Anthony Davis which was his first draft, but Taylor Mays in the 2nd round just to trade him the following year for a 7th round pick. Bowman was a good pick as well.

In 2011, they've just released their 10th pick of the draft in Aldon Smith. Jury is still out on Kaepernick. Culliver, their 3rd round pick, got arrested for driving with a suspended license and brass knuckles.

In 2012. How long did AJ Jenkins last on this team as their first round pick? How about their 3rd round pick, LaMichael James? Pretty much a wasted draft.
    23-0

vCash
    If in fact he does goto court and is found guilty , throw his *** in jail long term! I'm glad the Niners released him. Eli Harold you're up !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    The athletes get paid too much. They think they are invincible. Guaranteed money does that.
    Sad thing is, I think they get the least % of guaranteed money per contract when comparing the big 4 sports

vCash
    WTF is it with the NFL? filled with turds. I don't hear this crap all the time in the other sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Sad thing is, I think they get the least % of guaranteed money per contract when comparing the big 4 sports

vCash
    The worst offseason in history continues. It's sad for a young man to throw his life away and risk other lives. I hope this serves as a wake up call to Aldon. He clearly needs it. The team had to give up on him as a player. What worries me the most is that he isn't accepting the blame for his own actions. I hope he gets his life straightened out for his own sake. It couldn't have been worst timing for the team. Man, are the 49ers cursed or something? I've never seen a team scorched like this in one offseason. Unreal. I'm beginning to think Baalke is the source of the curse. A lot of questionable moves by him now. Not because he cut Smith, that seems like the only good move he's made in a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    WTF is it with the NFL? filled with turds. I don't hear this crap all the time in the other sports.

Yah, back then even with the past Super Bowl years i don't recall a single player on the 49ers having off field issues. The NFL is saturated with bad characters!

vCash
    His bail didnt show a DUI charge, according to some random screen shots on that there intronet it was for vandalism and hit/run.

Still, even if its "just" a hit and run/vandalism he'd be released and suspended but why would you hit and run if you're sober? And vandalism? Vandalism means it was intentional. It sounds like there's more going on than a DUI "accident". Like he intentionally rammed someone's car.

Either way, time for Lynch to step up. Smith wasnt exactly part of the defense last season, we still have very capable linebackers. Smith's idiocy aside IMO our offense is the key. More specifically Kaepernicks level of play. Our DB's as well. Our secondary might be weak on the edges. A great pass rush would have helped. Hopefully Brooks and Lynch can step up and hopefully Kaepernick can earn his incentives.

In either event I'm going to go into the season with low expectations. Our main issue has been the passing game. Again, Aldon didn't have an impact last season. We went 8-8 because our passing game sucked. I honestly think Lynch had a better season last year. Adjusted for playing time. Game per game. This may be a blessing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    If in fact he does goto court and is found guilty , throw his *** in jail long term! I'm glad the Niners released him. Eli Harold you're up !!!
    Third DUI in ten years is a 6 month sentence, or maybe a year. My nephew has 2 in 2 years and has crashed 3 cars. Been to rehab 4 times. I don't know what to do with him. A long jail term would probably just turn him into a life long broken manboy.That's what jail does for a lot of people. Not all but a lot.

I think major substance abuse issues are linked to mental health problems much of the time. Some people just don't feel normal or "right" when they're sober. My nephew, like Aldon, probably needs a year long stay in a treatment facility. Where people will help address the underline cause while also not buying into excuses or denial. I don't think that will happen in jail. I don't think jail is good for anyone other than extremely violent offenders.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast