Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Australian rugby star Jarryd Hayne signs with 49ers

Let's go draft the rest of our team.

vCash
    At best he can be a good STs guy, MAYBE a major last ditch RB option in an apocalyptic injury situation.

vCash
    I really want to see him return some kicks and punts.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I don't, at least not for awhile, they hold the ball really unsafely in rugby lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:29678811
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I don't, at least not for awhile, they hold the ball really unsafely in rugby lol
    In pre season first...

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    I think he can be a full back!

vCash
    Next Okoye? haha

vCash
    The hardest thing for the Hayne plain will be learning the playbook and the general NFL game/rules. As much as I'm not a fan of the Eels (his former rugby league team) he is very athletic and was an absolute star here in Aus. Plus unlike in the NFL he does the hard hitting without pads.

vCash
    From what I'm reading is that he was the best player in Rugby football. People are thinking his best impact now will be kick returns but could become a RB at some point. I guess we'll see.

vCash
    I think there are a bunch on this board that have played more football than Hayne. So his best option is PS or IR for this season as he learns the game first.

While other teams are signing NFL players the 49ers are signing players who have never played football before.

All kidding aside, I would be happy if both Dockett & Ginn sign (for relatively cheap)... It would upgrade two positions of need.

I'm surprised how many are saying "no thanks" to Ginn as a returner, especially since his teams have made the playoffs for the last 4 years (3 teams) and he's top 10 in punt returns over the past two seasons. He doesn't fumble like Holiday does and he's good unlike Ellington or anyone else we put back there.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

2015-??? Lakers stink, Kings missed the playoffs, Giants are hanging in there, 49ers are staring at lean years ahead.

vCash
    Very few teams are signing players, players are being cut about 20 times more than they are being signed right now.

vCash
    It looks as if he has nice natural catching mechanics. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a TE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza612 View Post
    The hardest thing for the Hayne plain will be learning the playbook and the general NFL game/rules. As much as I'm not a fan of the Eels (his former rugby league team) he is very athletic and was an absolute star here in Aus. Plus unlike in the NFL he does the hard hitting without pads.
    If he can learn fast and get accustomed to the NFL then it could go down as a brilliant move, and I would support him as I do all who wear the red and gold, but he has to hit the ground running. Obviously they hired him for a reason, they think it's a worthy investment.

Barry Lamar Bonds folks. 162 Game Averages = .298/.444/.607 IBB 37 ISO .309 OWn% .815 BABIP .285 wOBA .435 wRC+ .173
    Career Total WAR 164.4

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Kovalev/Pacquiao/Cotto/Rigondeaux/Froch/Wlad/Maidana/Thurman/Golovkin

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    If he can learn fast and get accustomed to the NFL then it could go down as a brilliant move, and I would support him as I do all who wear the red and gold, but he has to hit the ground running. Obviously they hired him for a reason, they think it's a worthy investment.
    It is a futures contract, so it doesn't even qualify for the NFL league minimum. So it's essentially a non-investment, low risk, and probably not much reward. I get that the 49ers like getting projects or injured players, but if they don't contribute all that much, what's the point? I'd much rather them focus on actual production on the field, rather than a minor league IR squad of projects like Okoye/Hayne/Lattimore...
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

2015-??? Lakers stink, Kings missed the playoffs, Giants are hanging in there, 49ers are staring at lean years ahead.

vCash
    For what it's worth...In pictures of this guy's and from what people are saying, he doesn't look or sound at all like a RB. Much more like a WR.

Scratch that last sentence. Just saw his pro day video. More like a FB. Very little burst and change of direction is sluggish.
    Last edited by NinerHomer49; 04-11-2015 at 01:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast