Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

2016 Regular Season news and updates thread

Title is pretty obvious. News, rumors, etc etc.

I actually got a question in to Matt Maiocco today on a Twitter Q&A about the Garnett situation and he feels that whoever is looking better will be the starter, feels that Beadles will hold onto the spot all year unless he plays poorly enough to lose it.

Quite possible. I doubt Beadles stays with them after this year though.

I still am of the opinion that Kelly will be one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post

I have a hard time imagining them paying three coaches salaries at one time. They still owe Tomsula, then they'd owe Kelly and whoever else.

I'd say two and done is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:31165633

I have a hard time imagining them paying three coaches salaries at one time. They still owe Tomsula, then they'd owe Kelly and whoever else.

I'd say two and done is more likely.
    That's possible as well.

Personally, I don't see Kelly as an "innovator" like some people think. I think he runs a college O that's been figured out. If it appears that is case this year, they'll have to fire him. If they don't, no FAs will come, they'll lose their FAs...and it'll be a horrible year for guys like Bowman and Staley.

That's possible as well.

Personally, I don't see Kelly as an "innovator" like some people think. I think he runs a college O that's been figured out. If it appears that is case this year, they'll have to fire him. If they don't, no FAs will come, they'll lose their FAs...and it'll be a horrible year for guys like Bowman and Staley.
    I read an interesting article about him, back in 2013 they had a bad game against Dallas I believe and after that game he and Shurmur sat down and added a bunch of wrinkles and they had a great rest of the season, but this past season all the new looks and what not had stopped. Not sure if it's because he had too much on his plate as GM/HC, but he wasn't the same guy.

I have little expectations at this point myself unless he finds something within himself as a coach.

I think they give him this year to see what he's got on team, next year to develop guys he has them bring in, and if they don't work out they'll probably look to move on.

Gabbert
    Dorsey
    Draughn
    Harris
    Kerley
    Vance
    Patton
    Ponder
    Streeter
    Wilhoit
    Williams

These are our FAs this coming offseason, so I don't think we need to worry about anyone major jumping ship if this year is bad.

Oh here we go with Davis and contemplating retirement again. WTF man, you're in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Oh here we go with Davis and contemplating retirement again. WTF man, you're in or out.
    Yea, I came here to see if you guys had any details.

What is this about? This isn't what we need, for one, and two, what's wrong with him that he's so indecisive? It's selfish and affects peopel around you.

"We're 11-0, trying to make it 16" King Klay Thompson - Post Game Interview 5.20.17

#WinOneForDurant

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Brook/Bradley/Pacquiao

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

To Hell with him. I say cut his ***** and sign someone who has worked his tail off for a chance to play.

Now there's reports saying he isn't retiring and he's away on a personal matter. Tiller expected to start week 1 as of now. Guess we have to wait and see what it's about.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:31165867
    Now there's reports saying he isn't retiring and he's away on a personal matter. Tiller expected to start week 1 as of now. Guess we have to wait and see what it's about.
    Saw also that he had "concerns" that were "addressed". Lord knows at this point.

Saw also that he had "concerns" that were "addressed". Lord knows at this point.
    Yeah, such randomness. Just when I thought we were settled and ready for the season.

I swear this team is full of a bunch of morons. What next?

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    All of those concussions have truly rattled Davis' brain. Really? At this point you all of a sudden don't know if you should retire or play?? He has a team that's depended on his presence all training camp, they have him locked in at RG against Aaron Donald in 2 days, and he may retire? AGAIN? Tired of this bi-polar ****.

Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast