Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mike Missanelli OWNS Skip Bayless

I've always found Skip Bayless to be a punk, and this pretty much proves it. Bayless phoned into Missanelli's 950AM ESPN show and got ripped to shreds over his comment about Mavericks fans "Philly-style rude, crude, dangerous" behavior on ESPN's First Take the other day.

I'm so sick of people whining about Philly fans. Truth is Philly has been a pretty tame city since the Vet went down. I guess all the bad behavior went down with it, and I miss it. I personally like the fact that people feared our house. Oh well, check out the link for the Missanelli/Bayless melee, it pretty damn funny.

http://950espn.com/Audio/tabid/183/a...p-Bayless.aspx

My 2nd attempt at a sig, getting a little better with photoshop!

vCash
    I hate skip with a passion, so this was delightful for me

vCash
    ahahhahahhhhhhhhhahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahaha hahahhahahah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    I hate skip with a passion, so this was delightful for me
    totally.
    he is nothing more than a talking head, he never has anything useful to contribute. his beloved maverick fans misbehave so he has to counter it by reminding everyone how misbehaved philly fans are. ridiculous! i love how Bayless admittedly hasnt been to a game in Philly in a DECADE, but he is still an authority on the behavior of our fans. F him, F him in his stupid A

vCash
    hahaha. Thanks for the post. That was great!

vCash
    Ahhh Dallas fans and media, still livin in the 90's lol.

That guy got owned big time.

To every QB in the NFL, welcome to your own personal hell.

vCash
    Well, what Skip Bayless gets paid to do on ESPN is come up with ******** arguments that no one in their right mind would argue. It's something that adds to the program instead of everyone just circle jerking it to the same opinion. I don't mind that aspect of him because sometimes its funny. But for him to call into a radio show and knock Philly fans is ********. We can be drunken, rude, and dangerous people but at least we love our teams more then any other city. When our players suck and let us down we just let them know, as simple as that.
    Last edited by bringbackfredex; 05-14-2009 at 01:54 PM.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Wow hahaha... Skip got owned. Truthfully people just mistake our passion for our sports teams as rude, crude and dangerous.

vCash
    skip bayless is a **** monger and id rather listen to my girl wax intellectual about sports

vCash
    Skip annoys me at times, but he does defend Philly (football team wise) when other analyst come on there and count us out. It seems like the consensus in here is that everyone hates Skip so you guys might not like what I have to say but he is right. One thing as a die hard Philly boy I will not do is be fake because I don't like hearing the truth. Of course not ALL philly fans are rude and crude but a lot of us are. My most vivid memory of "OUR" fans at their best was a mondy night football game I went to against Green Bay (when they had Farve) and a family came with the cheese heads Farve jersey's on (wife, husband, and 3 little kids) and they had beer poured on them and were being cussed out to the point where they had to leave because the little kids were terrified. I love Philly and I love our fans, but it is what it is!
    DrAzTiKViEwZ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Beast 19 View Post
    Skip annoys me at times, but he does defend Philly (football team wise) when other analyst come on there and count us out. It seems like the consensus in here is that everyone hates Skip so you guys might not like what I have to say but he is right. One thing as a die hard Philly boy I will not do is be fake because I don't like hearing the truth. Of course not ALL philly fans are rude and crude but a lot of us are. My most vivid memory of "OUR" fans at their best was a mondy night football game I went to against Green Bay (when they had Farve) and a family came with the cheese heads Farve jersey's on (wife, husband, and 3 little kids) and they had beer poured on them and were being cussed out to the point where they had to leave because the little kids were terrified. I love Philly and I love our fans, but it is what it is!
    1. was that in the linc or the vet?
    2. sad, but i think you could find an instance like that in just about ANY stadium in response to the enemy's colors.

hey man, I personally embrace the persona the media has given us as fans. i think its part of our character. but it has certainly diminished in the linc. i think mainly because there is no "700 level". tickets for the most part are too expensive to keep the real "riff raffs" out. I really miss the vet. players and fans alike feared that place. it was dirty, scary, and dangerous, but it was ours, and it gave us a real home field advantage. Players and fans of other teams feared it.]

i say this year we go out of our way to live up to our rep. go ahead, throw a snowball at santa, chuck a battery at someone, mug the opposing teams mascot! lets unite and take the linc back!

(before someone has a cow over that....i'm kidding)

vCash
    Mr. X

vCash
    Bayless is a bum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by broadstbully View Post
    1. was that in the linc or the vet?
    2. sad, but i think you could find an instance like that in just about ANY stadium in response to the enemy's colors.

hey man, I personally embrace the persona the media has given us as fans. i think its part of our character. but it has certainly diminished in the linc. i think mainly because there is no "700 level". tickets for the most part are too expensive to keep the real "riff raffs" out. I really miss the vet. players and fans alike feared that place. it was dirty, scary, and dangerous, but it was ours, and it gave us a real home field advantage. Players and fans of other teams feared it.]

i say this year we go out of our way to live up to our rep. go ahead, throw a snowball at santa, chuck a battery at someone, mug the opposing teams mascot! lets unite and take the linc back!

(before someone has a cow over that....i'm kidding)
    Haha, it was the linc....but yeah I agree, we will never live down our vet days so we mind as well live up to the hype. Plus it is a really good home field advantage tactic. I have no problem with our persona, the only thing I hate is how people think were dumb babbling fans, I think philly fans know their stuff a lot more than people think. Yeah were biased at times but what sports fan isn't, but overall I couldn't really disagree with Skip. Although we haven't been as bad as our vet days, we Philly fans can be pretty tumultuous....and I love em for that! Wouldn't have it any other way! I don't think it's what was said by Skip that is causing all the attention, I think it's more the fact that SKIP BAYLESS said it!
    Last edited by I Am Beast 19; 05-15-2009 at 12:59 PM.
    DrAzTiKViEwZ

vCash
    Skip Bayless is on ESPN the Ocho. It's like being on the practice squad. Who cares what that dude thinks...he argues against guys with lisps, that's how much he is valued.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast