Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    242
    vCash
    1500

    Jeff Weaver....Really?

    Can't say that I'm a believer, but I'm happy he's pitching some solid innings.
    He is a career hot & cold guy. Let's hope he stays hot for awhile. Fluke?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    90090
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    1500
    Let's wait until he pitches against a real offensive line-up.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NORWALK,CA
    Posts
    1,657
    vCash
    1500
    he did better than mcdonald would have done, had like 6ks not bad, cant wait to see him again

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Bay Area!!!
    Posts
    10,128
    vCash
    1500
    Wow, 12-0 at home. That's crazy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,493
    vCash
    1500
    And he is still limited. Could have pitched 7+ innings yesterday otherwise. He's still building his arms strength.

    Has never been a power pitcher, and used to have good control.
    Now seems to both walk, and Ks more.
    We'll see. A real chance to have him anyway in the current situation.

    By the way don't we have to praise Boras for not accepting his blackmail, and letting the Angels spend the big bucks?

    Wait for a few years, get him for nearly free. That's excellent business anyway

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know what it is but when he's in a Dodger uni he's been at his best albeit not spectacular just solid. He and Chan Ho were and are similar in that respect but the D-backs are hardly a challenge but I like what I've seen so far.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    90090
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gagnefan38 View Post
    I don't know what it is but when he's in a Dodger uni he's been at his best albeit not spectacular just solid. He and Chan Ho were and are similar in that respect but the D-backs are hardly a challenge but I like what I've seen so far.
    Don't forget Giovanni Carrara too. People used to say it was Jim Colburn but he's no longer here and the same phenomenon is going on. I wonder if Colburn was really the problem with the Pirates' pitchers because some were saying he screwed up Duke's delivery but now he seems fine now that Colburn is gone.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA,CA
    Posts
    5,853
    vCash
    1500
    i'm happy for Weav

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An hour away from LAX
    Posts
    360
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesickle View Post
    Don't forget Giovanni Carrara too. People used to say it was Jim Colburn but he's no longer here and the same phenomenon is going on. I wonder if Colburn was really the problem with the Pirates' pitchers because some were saying he screwed up Duke's delivery but now he seems fine now that Colburn is gone.
    Never thought of that. Some of us here were saying how poor of a job Honeycutt is doing and that we'd be better off with Colburn.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    169
    vCash
    1500
    actually looking forward to see what he can bring in his second start

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parkston
    Posts
    127
    vCash
    1500
    Way to step it up Weaver!! 6 innings with 6 K's is what i call SPECTACULAR from a guy that hasn't started in like what...2years??!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    615
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LAX View Post
    actually looking forward to see what he can bring in his second start
    Me too!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,589
    vCash
    1500
    He was our "ace" a few years back so if he can be a serviceable 5 for us then we are golden.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    7,779
    vCash
    1500
    Another Giovanni Cararra. Only pitches well while wearing a Dodger uniform.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glendale Bro
    Posts
    3,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Another Giovanni Cararra. Only pitches well while wearing a Dodger uniform.


    Weaver looks good in BLUE.
    Last edited by The 6-4-3; 05-08-2009 at 05:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •