Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaji View Post
    I just said it wouldn't surprise me.
    Oh my bad.
    FROM ORACLE ARENA TO OLDSCHOOL CANDLESTICK PARK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatcheck View Post
    Can someone explain this love affair everyone in the media has with Mark Sanchez. My only explanaition is that he's pretty. Honestly, he was a good qb, but when you hear analysts all over talking about him, they make it seem like he's already won a supebowl.

When you hear them talk, they've taken it as a fact that he is a franchise QB and he'll solve all of the jets QB problems, before taking one snap. I cant understand theyre logic.

stafford is the number one pick, and has been for months now, has a stronger arm, and had a better career than sanchez, but all they can say about stafford is how bad the lions handled his contract negotiation.

We're not talking about Matt Leinart, at least Leinart had a Heisman and National Championship (and even he doesnt start), his hype was merrited.

Sanchez started 16 games, couldnt beat out J David Booty hole for the starting job...played on a USC team with grown *** men blocking for him, one of the best defenses in the country, had 3 staring caliber RBs, and some good recievers, and the only thing i can remmember him doing is losing to OSU.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?
    1- Stafford is the most gifted QB but he is not the most ready to start now. He lacks the mental toughness to play the game now, but I do see him playing midway through the season or at some point

2- Matt Leinart played on one of the most loaded rosters ever in USC history. He has Reggie Bush, Lendale White, Dwayne Jarrett, W-Justice, and a handfull of other NFL players on that team.

3- Sanchez has great footwork and technique, and a great work ethic, he is a natural leader on the field, and he has showed that in just his first week on the team! Not to mention that compared to Palmer and Leinart he had a far inferior supporting cast and yet he put up better numbers than either one of them put in any of their 4yrs at USC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ULT WARRIOR408 View Post
    He might not be great but ALEX SMITH numbers naw he'll do better than that c'mon bruh.
    Alex Smith wasnt really a leader, and for a QB he has really small hands. Which is why its hard for him to throw the ball and his mechanics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    yea dude didn't you know. Doing **** is 50 rec for 550 yards and 4 tds. Just short
    Well you have to consider that the most yards by any receiver on the Jets last season was 800 then yes that is pretty good. Not to mention a TE who started midway through the season then yes, he did well.

Expect big things between Keller and Sanchez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BearsStillSuck View Post
    Who cares man. Its New York, therefore sports media is gonna suck his diick.

Come to Chicago, you'll hear the same ***** about Cutler. Bears fans think they've won the superbowl already, yet this guy has never done anything....

vCash
    IMO from what i've seen from him he's nothing more than a right handed Matt Leinart. I don't think 16 games is really enough to judge whether or not he will be a good NFL QB.

I think there are several college QB's that would of put up similar or better numbers if they were the quarterback at USC...

vCash
    What else would you expect in NY.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatcheck View Post
    Keller didnt do **** all year, and didnt do **** against miami which is the only time i saw him play.

Britt Davis is a rookie, which explains why he so low on the depth chart.
    He's 6-3 205 and ive seen him play before, thats why i think he can be good.

And i dont think it really negates the argument. i was just saying there were basically no weak link in the offense. The line was good, the recievers were good, and th RBs were great.
    man keller is ****. Really? Thats like me saying joey porter is terrible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t_money25 View Post
    IMO from what i've seen from him he's nothing more than a right handed Matt Leinart. I don't think 16 games is really enough to judge whether or not he will be a good NFL QB.

I think there are several college QB's that would of put up similar or better numbers if they were the quarterback at USC...
    This was by far the weakest of the USC offenses that had successful QBs in recent years, and Mark Sanchez STILL put up better numbers then any one of Carson Palmers, Matt Leinarts or John David Booty's best season.

Not to mention Sanchez's arm strength is much greater then that of Matt Leinart......he is more mobile in the pocket, he is a better leader, he has much better mechanics and he just has a better understanding of what it takes to be a successful leader, he is as charismatic a QB as I've ever seen come out of the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver2491 View Post
    This was by far the weakest of the USC offenses that had successful QBs in recent years, and Mark Sanchez STILL put up better numbers then any one of Carson Palmers, Matt Leinarts or John David Booty's best season.

Not to mention Sanchez's arm strength is much greater then that of Matt Leinart......he is more mobile in the pocket, he is a better leader, he has much better mechanics and he just has a better understanding of what it takes to be a successful leader, he is as charismatic a QB as I've ever seen come out of the draft.
    That is probably why people think he is already overrated...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver2491 View Post

USC is loaded every year..you cant judge sanchez in one year i believe anyway..USC qbs never get pressured thats something that doesnt happen in the nfl...and im pretty sure leinart had the best statistical year..sanchez is just a stronger armed leinart..i mean we'll see what happens but even palmer had to sit out a year before he started..and to me palmer still doesnt perform well when pressured

vCash
    It's the New York Media man! that's just what they do. I've been living in it for a looooong time now.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-S View Post
    3- Sanchez has great footwork and technique, and a great work ethic, he is a natural leader on the field, and he has showed that in just his first week on the team! Not to mention that compared to Palmer and Leinart he had a far inferior supporting cast and yet he put up better numbers than either one of them put in any of their 4yrs at USC!!!
    I think calling Sanchez a leader is a huge stretch at this point. We are talking about OTA's here. Not training camp, not preseason, regular season, 2-minute drills, playoffs, etc. It is easy to be a calm leader when you wear a red jersey and have basic plays that you practice against your fellow teammates.

Even though Leinart had more talent around him, Sanchez still went to USC. USC gets as much talent as any other college in the county, while playing in a sub-par conference. Not exactly a great test of a qb. And while I like Sanchez better than Leinart, there could be a 2-3 year learning curve, which I don't think a city like NY will be patient with.
    Props to VCU4LIFEGOVIKS for the sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I wouldn;t be cheering if alot of Vikes fan think getting Favre will win them a SB*which is false*
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

vCash
    this is a hypocritical thread..if you think hes overrated because its too early to see if he is any good it is also too early to say he is overrated. what happens if he starts and he is the great quarterback that people expect him to be? im not saying it will happen im just sayin its too early to call him great just the same as its too early to call him overrated. lets just wait and see what he does before we start defining his career before he takes a snap

Patrick Willis wears pads and a helmet because it is mandated by the league rules. Everyone else in the NFL wears pads and a helmet because of Patrick Willis.

vCash
    HAHAHA Told u so, ****** *** mark sanchez

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123