Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Sanchez is already overrated

Can someone explain this love affair everyone in the media has with Mark Sanchez. My only explanaition is that he's pretty. Honestly, he was a good qb, but when you hear analysts all over talking about him, they make it seem like he's already won a supebowl.

When you hear them talk, they've taken it as a fact that he is a franchise QB and he'll solve all of the jets QB problems, before taking one snap. I cant understand theyre logic.

stafford is the number one pick, and has been for months now, has a stronger arm, and had a better career than sanchez, but all they can say about stafford is how bad the lions handled his contract negotiation.

We're not talking about Matt Leinart, at least Leinart had a Heisman and National Championship (and even he doesnt start), his hype was merrited.

Sanchez started 16 games, couldnt beat out J David Booty hole for the starting job...played on a USC team with grown *** men blocking for him, one of the best defenses in the country, had 3 staring caliber RBs, and some good recievers, and the only thing i can remmember him doing is losing to OSU.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

vCash
    Who cares man. Its New York, therefore sports media is gonna suck his diick.

Come to Chicago, you'll hear the same ***** about Cutler. Bears fans think they've won the superbowl already, yet this guy has never done anything....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatcheck View Post
    Can someone explain this love affair everyone in the media has with Mark Sanchez. My only explanaition is that he's pretty. Honestly, he was a good qb, but when you hear analysts all over talking about him, they make it seem like he's already won a supebowl.

When you hear them talk, they've taken it as a fact that he is a franchise QB and he'll solve all of the jets QB problems, before taking one snap. I cant understand theyre logic.

stafford is the number one pick, and has been for months now, has a stronger arm, and had a better career than sanchez, but all they can say about stafford is how bad the lions handled his contract negotiation.

We're not talking about Matt Leinart, at least Leinart had a Heisman and National Championship (and even he doesnt start), his hype was merrited.

Sanchez started 16 games, couldnt beat out J David Booty hole for the starting job...played on a USC team with grown *** men blocking for him, one of the best defenses in the country, had 3 staring caliber RBs, and some good recievers, and the only thing i can remmember him doing is losing to OSU.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

He played at USC and was drafted by NY what do you except? And winning a national chanpionship and a heisman mean nothing to the NFL. I mean is that what makes a good QB? He played in a pro-style offense at a top-tier school can make all the throws and has the best footwork/mechanics and leadership abilities of anyone in the draft. I think someone sounds bitter to me?

vCash
    It was a great move said most of the analysts because their salaries mostly come from NY

A taxi to central=$5, A subway ticket to the stadium=$10, A ticket to the game=$30, See the Yankees win 27=Priceless. Theres somethings money cant buy, for everything else theres NYY

vCash
    Its the Mel Kiper machiene combined with NY combined with the fact they traded WAY up to get him. I will say that the difference with Leinart is although he was better in college once he got out he became an unmotivated movie star and stopped being a football player. That has no bearing on Sanchez but maybe he'll be a little more motivated. Either way they'll suck this year and it remains to be seen how good he'll be.

I have to disagree with what was said about Cutler though he is nasty and proven in this league. From your name I can see that you just hate the Bears so I guess we can't take that seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    Its the Mel Kiper machiene combined with NY combined with the fact they traded WAY up to get him. I will say that the difference with Leinart is although he was better in college once he got out he became an unmotivated movie star and stopped being a football player. That has no bearing on Sanchez but maybe he'll be a little more motivated. Either way they'll suck this year and it remains to be seen how good he'll be.

I have to disagree with what was said about Cutler though he is nasty and proven in this league. From your name I can see that you just hate the Bears so I guess we can't take that seriously.

What? his winning record as a QB? oh wait...
    Oh you must mean how he played in the playoffs... Um that can't be it
    Maybe you like all the ints... noo that wouldn't make sense..
    hmmm maybe you mean his professionalism.. yea...no...
    I'm not seein it kid, he's just another average QB with an above average arm, and a below average attiutude... Chicago will eat him alive once he starts to stink it up. He is now the Second best QB in the NFC North- second to Gay-Rod in GB and if Favre comes back, Cutler will then be the 3rd best, behind Gay-rod, then Favre.

vCash
    I cant say anything about a Jets player without eing bitter? all im saying is he didnt have the success of Leinart or many other quaterbacks in past years, but everyone says he's a lock to be a franchise QB. having a strong arm definetly means nothing, And if your comparing him to the other QBs in the DRAFT, how does that make him such a lock at the next level. I watched him play, and considering all the weapons he had, i didnt see anything special.

Wipe some of that sand out of your vagina and stop being so sensitive.
    Last edited by Heatcheck; 05-07-2009 at 09:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BearsStillSuck View Post

Come to Chicago, you'll hear the same ***** about Cutler. Bears fans think they've won the superbowl already, yet this guy has never done anything....
    Thats the reason right there

vCash
    They're just happy, it's OK.

vCash

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?
    The jets have all of those things. He is coming to a really good system. I like our recievers but i no as of right now they are sub par among the rest of the league. But other then that we have a great offensive line, 3 good runningbacks (TJ, leon and greene) and our defense is really impresive. before our dumb DC stopped blitzing, the jets were the number one team in stopping the run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BearsStillSuck View Post

With Mark Sanchez its because he is highly expected to be great in nfl just like when Matt Leinhart came out for the Cardinals supposedly the system they play in is nfl ready....I dont see it if it is...

With Cutler you need to understand everyones happy because we havent had a franchise qb since some would argue Mcmahon...Also you need to give Cutler his props hes a probowl qb that was on a team with the worst defense in the NFL as much as he would score his defense would give the lead right back up so he wasnt going to win games there regardless

Overall Jets fans I think you still got a pretty decent qb in Sanchez and I think he'll have a better career then Palmer or Leinhart so it a good pick for u guys
    Quote Originally Posted by henderson56 View Post
    I will sig bet you that the Bears will not have 2 1,000 yard recivers.

vCash
    As a dolphins fan, im more worried about washington and i think thomas Jones is a product of a stellar offensive line (hard runner but nothing special), and since he wasnt exactly Adrian Peterson in college, you cant really call greene good just yet. But now that i think of it, he does have cotchery to throw who is good and is a big target, stuckey is good, Britt can be good, and ive heard good things about Smith, plus he has Franks now. **** he better perform.

vCash

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?
    so are the jets going to roll out an offensive line of teenage midgets for him?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Their excited for their new quarterback who wouldn't be? I hope Sanchez pans out for them

Building Of A Dynasty

vCash
    i meant usc always has huge offensive linemen who dont look like theyre in college. basically i meant he had one of the best lines in football blocking for him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast