Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Who's Buccholz?

Sure I'll throw him in...I'd like to keep Buchholz though.

I get your point...I still think Buchholz's ceiling is so high that we would regret trading him pretty quickly.

To be honest, I don't think the Rangers have any interest in trading Saltalamacchia anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    Who's Buccholz?

Sure I'll throw him in...I'd like to keep Buchholz though.

I get your point...I still think Buchholz's ceiling is so high that we would regret trading him pretty quickly.

To be honest, I don't think the Rangers have any interest in trading Saltalamacchia anymore.
    what about the kid in col. chris inn something sorry lol i dont know his last name

Thank you K.G. JR!!!

vCash
    why dont we wait until this off-season and see if mauer resigns with minnesota... we can dump some of our extra cash on him this summer... maybe, wouldnt count on it but you never know!

vCash
    hmm our rotation has been absolute garbage so far

alright wakfield like a 2. something ERA very good

Beckett ERA over 6, lester ERA over 6, Penny ERA over 6, Matsuzaka ERA over 6, Masterson ERA in the mid 5s

this has been atrocious so far, the fact that were are 19-11 right now is actually incredible
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    hmm our rotation has been absolute garbage so far

alright wakfield like a 2. something ERA very good

Beckett ERA over 6, lester ERA over 6, Penny ERA over 6, Matsuzaka ERA over 6, Masterson ERA in the mid 5s

this has been atrocious so far, the fact that were are 19-11 right now is actually incredible
    You're right. And..............

vCash
    For your consideration:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...moltjo01.shtml

He's Coming...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoTiggle View Post
    For your consideration:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...moltjo01.shtml

He's Coming...
    1. Will he remain healthy?
    2. How will he fair in the AL?

Those are my 2 concerns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cocossox View Post
    what about the kid in col. chris inn something sorry lol i dont know his last name
    Chris Iannetta. Grew up in Rhode Island, and my new official baseball fixation. He's young, has some pop, very good OBP skills, and is an excellent defensive catcher.

He'll be arbitration eligible after this year, so it's always possible that the Rockies might consider moving him before he starts dragging them for some coin. I wouldn't count on it, though.

Also to consider: He'd probably cost a whole lot in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    why dont we wait until this off-season and see if mauer resigns with minnesota... we can dump some of our extra cash on him this summer... maybe, wouldnt count on it but you never know!
    Joe Mauer's contract runs through the 2010 season. So, he's not a free agent in this upcoming offseason.

Aside from that, when Mauer does eventually hit the market, he could easily cost $20M+ a year, for a lot of years. Any team foolish enough to give that kind of commitment and money to a catcher deserves the trouble they're bound to get.

Also to consider: Mauer's already had some serious back issues. That's obviously a bad sign.

Also to ALSO consider: Mauer's playing for his hometown team right now, he's a Minnesota born and raised kid. He may just want to stay there. The Twins might juuuust have an inkling to bring back their young, franchise player too...even if they may have to change his position someday.

vCash

starting rotation

It's still early in the season but the rotation has been a pretty big weakspot with the exception of wake, and lester and beckett have been overall pretty horrible except for beckett's start tonight. So my question is do you expect them to be able to turn it around and atleast pitch decently and if not what do the sox do for starting pitching in the future would there be anybody worthwhile out there to get because i dont feel that smoltz or buchholz are reliable enough.

vCash
    Isn't there already a thread on this? Didn't that thread already exhaust itself? I hope this one does the same, only quicker.

vCash
    Of course they'll turn it around. Is Lester and Beckett really this bad? IMO, no. Masterson will return to the pen and Matsuzaka should give us a nice boost. And then, of course, you've got Smoltzy at some point.

Struggling so far, but we'll be fine. Everyone said our weak spot was the offense, and that has not been the problem at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post

Struggling so far, but we'll be fine. Everyone said our weak spot was the offense, and that has not been the problem at all.
    It will be if Youk and Pedy don't come back and soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Of course they'll turn it around. Is Lester and Beckett really this bad? IMO, no. Masterson will return to the pen and Matsuzaka should give us a nice boost. And then, of course, you've got Smoltzy at some point.

I sure hope they do turn it around, but Beckett has been especially alarming to me. A WHIP of over 1.7, a BAA of over .300, the worst efficiency rating in the AL, all this from our ACE pitcher, not some over the hill fifth starter. Granted, he has faced the Rays three times, and only two of his starts were exceptionally bad, but he rarely gets 1-2-3 innings, and we are in the mode of celebrating when he gets a quality start.

Expectations too high this early in the season? Perhaps. But again, this is our ace.

vCash
    well lets say that beckett and lester dont rebound to become the aces this team needs for a long run into the playoffs, would there be anybody out on the market in term of a true ace of the staff that the sox could need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ematz1423 View Post
    well lets say that beckett and lester dont rebound to become the aces this team needs for a long run into the playoffs, would there be anybody out on the market in term of a true ace of the staff that the sox could need.
    May 11th.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast