Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^^^^^

Funny you should mention - I was thinking about Dice-K's return and, if he's "in-form" it'll be good for the team, but I was disappointed that Masterson will lose a spot (at least for the time being) in the starting rotation. Although, I suspect he'll be in it in '10.

vCash
    I think Masterson's future is definitely in the rotation. If Wakefield retires after this year, I think Masterson is a lock to take his spot. If that's so, I'd get a little more warm to the idea of using Buchholz in a trade...but only a little. I wouldn't mind:

Beckett
    Lester
    Matsuzaka
    Masterson
    Buchholz

Sick.

vCash
    Knarf, I'd be surprised if the Sox traded Buchholz (as long as he's doing relatively well). Obviously Smoltz and Penny were brought in as stop gaps to allow Clay a but more time to get his head on straight. I'm pretty sure Beckett's option gets picked upso that leaves the rotation exacly how you have it above, provided Wake retires.

vCash
    Oh I would actually be surprised if they traded him too, to be honest. All I'm saying is that if Masterson really emerges as a member of the rotation in 2010, that gives us some options. That's especially so with guys like Junichi Tazawa and Michael Bowden looking pretty good, and other promising names like Nick Hagadone on the horizon.

I'd like to keep Buchholz...that's my first choice, but you have to admit...if he was part of a trade package he could probably bring back a pretty impressive offensive name.

vCash
    everyone's forgetting Wakefield. He's been our most consistant starter lately.

vCash
    Haha...I haven't forgot about him. He has to retire SOMETIME though, doesn't he?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    Haha...I haven't forgot about him. He has to retire SOMETIME though, doesn't he?
    Agree....he'll probably retire when he hits 62!

vCash
    Prior to this year, Wakefield pitched during 16 major league seasons. In that time he averaged 11.125 wins per season, compiling 178 wins. (He has three more so far this year).

If he pitches until he's 62 (20 more seasons!) and maintains his wins-per-season pace, he'll finish with 400 wins!!!

AWESOME...haha! Mark it down!

vCash
    Prior to this year, Wakefield pitched during 16 major league seasons. In that time he averaged 11.125 wins per season, compiling 178 wins. (He has three more so far this year).

If he pitches until he's 62 (20 more seasons!) and maintains his wins-per-season pace, he'll finish with 400 wins!!!

AWESOME...haha! Mark it down!
    I think you might have had too much caffeine......
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YES, our strength is our numbers and YES Theo said seller this summer. I know we desperately need two positions. Can we make it happen. Penny and MDC to whom for what? We have other guys we can add in...Julio-...prospects..

SS and catcher if anyone was wondering. If we can shore them up by moving parts , hey, do it. If not we have the deepest staff ever....and the worst SS defensively, and worst hitting catcher.. they aren't the worst ever, but close.

vCash
    He only makes 4 million a year.. he has to play like 3 times as long.. haha
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    I am sorry to inform you that your submission to this thread must state the obvious and in a "I'm not sharing anything new" format.

May I suggest one of the following:

1) Sometimes we score more runs than our opponent, sometimes we score less.

2) We get a lot of runs sometimes. Other times we don't.

3) During our 11 game win streak, we outscored the other team.

Thank you,
    Management
    And channelling sboyajian, here's what Beckett had to say on the subject:

Josh Beckett's outing was far better than his last two, during which he gave up 15 runs over 9 2/3 innings. Beckett got the win last night, allowing three runs in six innings, all on a homer by Johnny Damon. Asked if he feels he's heading in the right direction, Beckett said, "I definitely gave up less runs today, if that's what you're talking about. That's key to winning ballgames."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lil'papi View Post
    I think you might have had too much caffeine......
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YES, our strength is our numbers and YES Theo said seller this summer. I know we desperately need two positions. Can we make it happen. Penny and MDC to whom for what? We have other guys we can add in...Julio-...prospects..

SS and catcher if anyone was wondering. If we can shore them up by moving parts , hey, do it. If not we have the deepest staff ever....and the worst SS defensively, and worst hitting catcher.. they aren't the worst ever, but close.
    SS is a stop-gap buy IMO. Diaz has the goods and will be there around the end of next year.

Catcher is obviously the big-time need. We could go for a "proven" guy who's stay in BOS might be comparatively short. Federowicz looks like the real deal in Greenville so far. Lavarnway is pretty good but Federowicz really is that much better, better than what I recall of Exposito.

vCash
    I keep hearing Federowicz's name and the term "rifle for an arm" being paired together. I wish I could get a chance to see him play. For those of you who have, how are his other skills? Framing? Plate coverage? Blocking? Calling? Hands?

My super unlikely fantasy is still putting together some kind of deal for Chris Iannetta. Sigh, oh well.

As for SS, I agree with RedSoxtober...I think it's stop-gap for the time being.

vCash
    Im gonna do the rotation in terms of best stuff

Beckett
    Lester
    Buchholz
    Matsuzaka
    Masterson

Bowden Trade bait, bard bring him up to the pen, we are solid right now

we should give buchholz another oppurtunity this year though because masterson makes our bullpen much better

plus there really isnt much more clay can prove down there
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Im gonna do the rotation in terms of best stuff

Beckett
    Lester
    Buchholz
    Matsuzaka
    Masterson

Bowden Trade bait, bard bring him up to the pen, we are solid right now

we should give buchholz another oppurtunity this year though because masterson makes our bullpen much better

plus there really isnt much more clay can prove down there
    For the most part, I'm with you...which is weird because you and I almost always disagree.

I'd like to wait on Bard until September, and then have him ready to go full-time at the start of 2010.

I like Buchholz a lot too, but I think another month in AAA might help his control and confidence still. He doesn't have anything to prove, but I think the control can still have a few kinks worked out.

I think Matsuzaka might have some of the best stuff in the rotation. He has ridiculous movement on his pitches, but lacks some velocity.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast