Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think Cody could throw 95 even in his dreams. You're thinking of Josh Butler although he's more 91-93.

Salome has been dealing with nagging injuries all year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    I think hardy still has a pretty high trade value. Good defensive shortstops are always good for trade value and you throw in the fact that he's a solid hitter, he can fetch something pretty good. However if we trade him during the season we better get someone who's going to make this team better right now and in the future.

vCash
    I read that a high ranking executive gave out a list of players who he thought the Red Sox would and wouldn't give Bucholz (sp) up in a trade and Hardy was on the no list.

I saw it in the Boston Globe I think.

vCash
    Boy has Escobar been hot. He went 3-5 last night with a triple, home run, and single.

vCash
    Brewers drafted IU pitcher with the 26th overall pick. I personally love the pick, hopefully he can move through the minors quickly and can help the Brewers soon.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/47465952.html

vCash
    Their supplemental picks they got for Shouse and CC-

THE BREWERS JUST TOOK UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE CF KENTRAIL DAVIS WITH THE 39TH PICK IN THE SUPPLEMENTAL FIRST ROUND.

Davis, a sophomore-eligible player, sounds like one of those somewhat raw players with tools. Strong and physical at 5-foot-9 and 200 pounds, Davis strikes out a lot but has a short, powerful swing from the left side and good speed. He batted .308 with nine homers and 30 RBI on a bad Tennessee team.

THE BREWERS HAVE TAKEN RHP KYLE HECKATHORN FROM KENNESAW (GA.) STATE WITH THEI 47TH PICK IN THE SUPPLEMENTAL ROUND.

Heckathorn is a pitcher the Brewers have watched a lot this spring. He is 6-foot-6 and 240 pouinds and throws hard, sort of like firstp-rounder Arnett. His fastball has been clocked in the high 90s and has a very hard slider.

vCash
    I saw steve braun play last night for the rattlers went 1-4 in a low hit game. His stance is very simmilar to his brothers plays second not even close tho to brauny

vCash
    It seems like Arnett has the chance to move up quickly given he doesn't get hurt or struggle. The more I see about this guy the more excited I get.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    I read that it's not out of the realm of possibility that he is in the rotation by some point next season.

vCash
    Thats just crazy. If he's in the rotation sometime next year Melvin isn't doing his job getting a good #2 starter by the trade deadline or in the offseason. I hope he doesn't stay long in Helena so I can see him in Appleton.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    Chris Cody from the Gross trade seems to be pitching well
    he is from the jose capllen trade and yes he is pitching well
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzmccrory View Post
    I saw steve braun play last night for the rattlers went 1-4 in a low hit game. His stance is very simmilar to his brothers plays second not even close tho to brauny
    how many "second basemen" do they have in appleton??

and has anyone noticed Adam Heether. 3B in nashville, he is 27 and was called up from AA this year
    Player POS G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG OPS E
    Adam Heether 3B 41 141 25 48 11 0 5 20 74 24 26 2 1 .444 .525 .340 .969 3
    Mat Gamel 3B 33 119 25 40 11 1 8 31 77 21 34 0 0 .428 .647 .336 1.075 8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gottaHaveHart View Post
    how many "second basemen" do they have in appleton??
    Its just 2. Lawrie and Braun. Dykstra is with Helena now until he proves he can make the transition to second. Braun really doesn't project as much more than a career minor leaguer to me or at best a utility middle infielder in the majors.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Braddock overcoming physical, mental hurdles
    Brewers pitching prospect Zach Braddock has been healthy this season, both in body and mind, and some promising results have followed.

The Brewers promoted Braddock to Double-A Huntsville on Wednesday after the left-hander posted a 1.14 ERA and 40 strikeouts versus just four walks in 14 relief appearances at Class A Brevard County. Opponents hit .143 against the hard-throwing Braddock.

Braddock has been limited by physical injuries since the Brewers drafted him in the 18th round of the 2005 Draft and by a bipolar disorder that requires medication. But in terms of pure "stuff," he's a bona fide Major League prospect.

"He can dominate," Brewers assistant general manager Gord Ash said. "There have been a number of reports this year [that say] he could pitch in the big leagues. He has that kind of dominating stuff. Obviously, being left-handed helps. It's a matter of being consistent, like it is with a lot of young guys."

Assuming he stays physically and mentally healthy, Braddock could move fast through the system. He turns 22 on Aug. 23.

"Which is why we moved him to Double-A, to get him to that next level," Ash said.

Club officials help "monitor" Braddock, Ash said. That involves making sure he takes the proper medication at the proper time.

"He's in a very good spot," Ash said. "He's monitored, and he's had no issues at all. ... He's in a good place."

In other Minor League transactions Wednesday:

-- Right-hander Rob Wooten joined Braddock in a move from Brevard County to Huntsville. Wooten doesn't possess the raw tools of Braddock, but, "If you throw strikes, you've got a chance," Ash said. "Chris Smith shows it now."

-- The Brewers promoted right-hander John Axford from Double-A Huntsville to Nashville to replace right-hander Mike Burns, who went to Milwaukee to join the starting rotation. Axford has been rising fast; he pitched in just four games for Huntsville after a promotion from Brevard County.

-- Class A Wisconsin closer Jim Henderson was promoted to Brevard County after going 17-for-17 in save chances. Henderson is a veteran Minor Leaguer.

-- Right-hander Omar Aguilar is not, which made it somewhat disappointing when he was demoted from Huntsville to Brevard County. Aguilar, who is on Milwaukee's 40-man roster, had a 7.71 ERA in 23 relief appearances.

"Player development will do this," Ash said. "There are surprises upward, and there are surprises downward. We had [Jeremy] Jeffress, [Alex] Periard and Aguilar, all guys we're high on but all who will end up in A-ball right now. Then there's guys who have taken a step forward. Axford has taken a step forward. Josh Butler has taken a step forward. Braddock. Chris Cody. Several guys have taken a step."

-- Right-hander R.J. Seidel, a Wisconsin native, will begin a throwing program at the Brewers' baseball facility in Arizona later this week. He's ahead of schedule after undergoing offseason surgery for a torn ACL. Seidel told the Brewers he hurt his knee slipping on some ice.

"He'll salvage a month or so of the season," Ash said.

-- Right-hander Mike Jones, on the Huntsville DL with a medical issue that Ash said was of a personal nature, will throw a bullpen session to see how he feels before potentially returning to action next week.

-- Left-hander Chris Capuano, rehabbing from the second Tommy John surgery of his career, threw his first bullpen session this week and hasn't had another setback, Ash said. Capuano still faces a long road; he'll have to throw several bullpens, then a series of live batting practice sessions before he's cleared to pitch in a game. That probably won't happen until the end of August, just as the Minor League seasons are ending.

"It's just a long, slow grind," Ash said. "He gets full marks for grinding it out."
    http://brewersbeat.mlblogs.com/archi...hysical_m.html

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    I was going to post this....This is something I like to hear.

vCash
    Its nice to finally hear something about Cappy. Too bad he won't be ready sooner.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast