Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I saw Escobar's AB in the 1st, but didn't watch after the rain delay.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    More players getting suspended for drugs and one of them is a single-A Brewer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/n...ory?id=4337630
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    ^^^After looking at Adams's numbers, it would appear the roids weren't really doing much. It does kind of suck that we wasted a second rounder on this guy. Not only is his ERA above 5, he has the highest WHIP on the team (of people who have thrown a decent amount of innings) and his walk to strikeout ratio is about 1.

vCash
    Heckathorn gets $776,000
    By Anthony Witrado of the Journal Sentinel
    July 25, 2009

The Brewers signed one of their two supplemental first-round draft picks, right-handed pitcher Kyle Heckathorn. He was the 47th overall pick in June’s draft.

The Brewers gave Heckathorn $776,000 instead of the slotted $739,000 for that spot, but Heckathorn said the "big capper" was the Brewers inviting him to big-league spring training next year, which hadn’t been done since the Brewers signed Rickie Weeks in 2003.

Heckathorn went 4-1 with a 3.44 ERA in 866 1/3 innings and 13 starts at Kennesaw State last season. He was assigned to rookie-level Helena on Monday.

"Hopefully I can get through the minors as quick as I can and get up here and help the Brewers win a World Series," Heckathorn said. "I'll keep my eyes and ears open and do what they instruct me to and get here as quick as I can. That's my goal."

The Brewers have now signed 27 of their 53 drafted players, including 14 of their top 17 picks.
    Although I wasn't very excited with the Kentrail Davis pick, the Brewers still need to get that guy signed as well as the others in the top 20 picks.

vCash
    Good to see all of their lower level top prospects playing in the AFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    Good to see all of their lower level top prospects playing in the AFL.
    How are they lower level? All of them except Aguilar are in AA, which is a requirement for the AFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan729 View Post
    How are they lower level? All of them except Aguilar are in AA, which is a requirement for the AFL.
    What I meant by that is they aren't guys that will be in a position to make the team next season. I suppose AA isn't exactly low, but it's not AAA.

vCash
    Any chance Braddock gets an invite to camp? He is filthy and if he can shake his injury ridden past I could see him as our power lefty arm out of the bullpen. When is too early to see him pitching against major league talent.

I would love to see him cure our sp issues, but I just dont know about his durability, and figure if he has good stuff, and is healthy then he could help out in the bullpen sooner rather than later.

vCash
    I think Braddock is going to continue to be a reliever. He's been pretty good in the AFL and he probably gets a good look in ST and I think it's likely we see him pitch for the Brewers some time in 2010.

vCash
    Would be cool. I like when pitchers move through the system and have success... have not seen a ton of that recently.

vCash
    The other name that I am hoping to hear busts out in ST is Omar Aguilar, I was hoping he would have a great spring last season and sneak into the season on the big league team He had a decent spring, but fell off the map and back at Brevard during the season. He started pitching lights out down there again at the end of last season and if healthy is a name I am excited to watch and see if he makes a run at the team this year.

vCash
    Escobar? You think the organization will trade our starting SS after releasing JJ? Not a chance -

I would like to see the Crew get some of their AA and AAA prospects some playing time throughout the year. Especially Jeffries before he's completely suspended from MLB for drug use. We need to see Bourgeoise, and see what our catchers can do!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pcanuck7 View Post
    Escobar? You think the organization will trade our starting SS after releasing JJ? Not a chance -

I would like to see the Crew get some of their AA and AAA prospects some playing time throughout the year. Especially Jeffries before he's completely suspended from MLB for drug use. We need to see Bourgeoise, and see what our catchers can do!
    hopefully it isn't good cause he is no longer on our team!!!!

vCash
    Brewers signed a Domincan shortstop. He's 16 and was rated something like the 18th best Domincan prospect on July 1st. The signing is subject to an age investigation. For a source dead over to brewers.com.

Also on brewers.com, it looks like we might be signing 37 yr old John Halama (sp?) to a minor league contract. Apparently he is having a good fall/winter league, but he's 37 so I'm not going to get too excited.

vCash
    It's good to see the Crew signing some Latin talent. If I remember correctly they signed a kid or two last year as well. Are they still running some kind of camp in the Dominican?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast