Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Nice to see Salome finally do something with the stick down at Nashville last night. I have been watching Salome vs Lucroy all year as I consider it the most interesting position battle the Brewers have in the minors and Lucroy impresses me with his plus walk to strikeout ratio so far this season. He has shown power in the past, and if he also possesses patientce he really could be a nice player.

Also Caleb Gindl interests me as well. The guy has shot up the Brewers prospects list, and although he is challenged by his small stature, he is showing he has a very good bat. He runs well, hits for some pop, and hits left handed which is always a plus when talking about the Brewers.

Anyone have news on when Taylor Green might start swinging after his wrist surgery?

vCash
    Oh and Gamel has not made an error in a long time. I know 7 in 25 games is still alarming, but its been a while since his last one and I consider that a drastic improvement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madtown343 View Post
    Anyone have news on when Taylor Green might start swinging after his wrist surgery?
    Late May - Early June is when he's supposed to start playing again.

Quote Originally Posted by behnke20167 View Post
    Does anyone know of a site to find minor league stats for the entire organization?
    It doesn't give the whole organization, but I have four links for each team (six when the Arizona and Helena Brewers start.)

Arizona Brewers:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...cid=406&y=2009

Helena Brewers:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...id=t433&y=2009

Wisconsin Timber Rattlers:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=true&sid=t572

Brevard County Manatees:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=true&sid=t503

Huntsville Stars:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=true&sid=t559

Nashville Sounds:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=t_ibp&cid=556

Arizona and Helena don't start until late June.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    I know there's numerous places to get stats for each affiliate. I was looking for it to be combined.
    I know, there's all the links so you don't have to constantly update the spreadsheet. They're all in one post and are easy to sort through.
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    Replace Julio with Chris Smith. ( Look at his numbers... he throws strikes)

vCash
    Ohh and another good news type story... top 5 pitching prospect Zach Braddock has returned from his elbow issues and is striking out 2 batters an inning for high A ball.

I think if he stays healthy he has as good of a chance as anyone to be the first tier of drafted pitchers to start making an impact on the major league team. (still more than a year away)

vCash
    On another note, I am infatuated with following Mat Gamel, and along with the fact that he has reduced his errors drasticly the past 3 weeks look at his numbers against LH pitching.

.432/.489/1.027 with 11 of his 20 Xbase hits, and over half of his RBI in half the AB's. Will be nice to have a player that platoon is not mentioned when he finally does arrive.

vCash
    Oh and just to be fair... as I consider myself pretty much anti-Tony Gwynn, but I do respect what he is doing.

My biggest issues with him were no power, and when power is not present OBP most be present to make a player effective. Gwynn had neither.

So far this season at Nashville he has walked more than he has K'ed, he is hitting batting over .300, and he is stealing bases effectively 12SB without being caught. All stats that would support his case for getting another chance in the big leagues even if it isnt in Milwaukee.

Oh and he hommered today... his first of the year.

vCash
    Jefferies and Gamel are proving that they are both getting close to ready

vCash
    Jeffress is still walking way too many hitters IMO. I would say I am most impressed with Gamel, Gindl, and Lawrie on the offensive side of the ball.

One pitcher impressing is the Butler kid we got in the Gabe Gross trade. Maybe we stole something there?

vCash
    24 years old, hasn't even reached AA yet, pedestrian strike out rate, walks too many. Chances he becomes something, not good.

vCash
    Alright shoot me down on Butler, but I am excited over Zach Braddock. haha

vCash
    With Dykstra moving to 2b, that might mean Lawrie eventually winds up at 1b

vCash
    They moved Dykstra to second because he's absolutely terrible in center.

And if Lawrie can stick at second base, he doesn't have to worry about Dykstra taking his job.

vCash
    Looks like Escobar is starting to hit bit in AAA.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast