Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    vCash
    I'm really psyched about our farm system, we have 7 arms that I could see being top of the rotation guys. We have a bunch of good projectable middle of the order bats at the lower levels and some guys who could contribute at the bigs soon (Davis, Morris, Gennett, Segura).

I love seeing Khris Davis getting some respect finally, I hope he gets a September call up and some PT.

Who do you guys see getting a September call up, I would go with Peralta, Thornburg, Farris or Bianchi, and Davis or Schafer.
    Last edited by jay87shot; 08-10-2012 at 09:00 PM.

vCash
    Green will be back up
    Bianchi will be back up
    Thronburg should be back
    Schafer is a good possibility with Morgan likely on his way out and Hart permanently at first
    Peralta maybe
    Farris possibly
    Gindl might

Davis and anyone else not on the 40 man is going to be tough. It's a pretty packed roster.

vCash
    Eric Arnett has reconstructive knee surgery
    By Tom Haudricourt of the Journal Sentinel
    Feb. 7, 2013

Right-hander Eric Arnett, the Brewers' first-round draft pick in 2009, had reconstructive surgery Thursday on his right knee and will be out 5-6 months, covering most if not all of this season.

If you recall from our report earlier in the week, Arnett injured his knee during an offseason workout and the preliminary diagnosis was a torn ACL. That was confirmed by Brewers physician William Raasch, who performed the surgery on Arnett.

Arnett, 25, was converted from starting to relief last season after struggling in that role since being drafted. He actually appeared to be turning the corner with a decent year at low Class A Brevard County, going 1-0 with a 3.56 ERA in 33 games and holding right-handed hitters to a .227 average.

So, this is a significant setback, basically costing Arnett a year of his career. Whether he ever comes close to realizing the potential he displayed upon being drafted out of Indiana University is very doubtful at this stage.

vCash

Brewers Minor League Thread

Went to the t rats game today because they were playing the local team here. And don't take this the wrong way but I always assumed Tyrone Taylor was black

vCash
    He looks brown

vCash
    Hellweg:

6-4, 3.06 ERA, 70.2 IP, 49 H, 44 BB, 48 K

Pena:

5-5, 3.00 ERA, 72.0 IP, 50 H, 42 BB, 70 K

Nelson:

5-4, 2.74 ERA, 69.0 IP, 63 H, 15 BB, 72 K

Those three SP have had nice seasons so far. Don't like the BB/K ratio by Hellweg but RHH are hitting under .200 vs him this season and his GB ratio is insane. Nelson looks nice and Pena has a 9+ k/9 and has been on a tear the last month or so.

Hitting wise, I really like Haniger/Taylor/Arcia

Orlando Arcia: 18 yrs old

.251 AVG, .331 OBP, 22 BB, 20 K

Tyrone Taylor: 19 yrs old

.297 AVG, .355 OBP, 19 2B, 14 SB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    He looks brown
    oh... From the stands he looked white haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    oh... From the stands he looked white haha.
    http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/20...e_Baseball.jpg

vCash
    Yeah the minor league system has been pretty poor this year. A couple pitchers have been good and couple have been very poor. Not much to get excited about offensively.

vCash

Brewers Minor League Thread

Nothing close to the big leagues in terms of any starting caliber position players. In the low minors I think there are a few guys in low a to be excited/optimistic about.

Coulter, Taylor, roache, arcia, and haniger are all guys you should at least keep an eye on.

vCash
    I was bored tonight so here is my new updated top 20 prospects in the organization. Im sure I may have missed someone.

1. Jimmy Nelson With no clear cut number one I'm going to go with Nelson based on size, stuff, and his consistency over the past three years.
    2. Taylor Jungmann He has pitched very well this year and seems to be reaching some of his potential, even though he hasn't been dominant.
    3. Tyler Thornberg He has shown glimses but has been off and on this year, still has the potential to be a 3 starter. I'm still counting him as a prospect because he hasn't had a long term look as a starter.
    4. Johnny Hellweg His recent problems in the bigs are a problem but at 6'9" if hecan figure things out he has the most upside in the system.
    5. Jed Bradley Still hasn't had great success, but he has intangibles (big, lefty, 4 good pitches) that make him a good prospect
    6. Tyrone Taylor This may be a surprise at this spot, but he has torn up A ball over the past 2 months at 18. He's shown power, speed, and played a good center. One of the few bright spots on the offense side.
    7. Huner Morris The power is still there and 1st base seems to be his next year (assuming Hart doesn't resign cheap). He should get a chance in September.
    8.Victor Roache He gets a little break since he hadn't played in a year but his .228 BA is disappointing.
    9. Scooter Gennett His upside isn't great but he should be a serviceable player. Hit near .300 with not much else.
    10. Clint Coulter I feel that the Brewers really have done him wrong by keeping him at catcher. By playing him at 1st, LF, or RF he could focus on the bat. Still young and projectable
    11. Ariel Pena One of the more underrated guys in the system will be a good late reliever at least.
    12. Mitch Haniger Has shown the tools of a good prospect, but he doesn't sparkle and that doesn't help him in this list.
    13. Orlando Arcia The bat needs to develop but he has lots of time. At 18 he gets a bump based on his full year at A ball.
    14. Drew Gagnon Based on stuff he would be a bunch of spots higher but he has not shown consistancy and his era is scary right now.
    15. Devin Williams Since being drafted he has only pitched in 2 or 3 games but based on projectability and upside he will have lots of chances to move up this list.
    16. Damien Magnifacio With his arm he will be a good reliever in a few years once he develops his slider and control.
    17. Jorge Lopez Has pitched much better over the past couple months, if he puts on some strength he could be a top prospect in a year or 2.
    18. Tyler Wagner He has pitched very well and good stuff. His makeup and mindset as a starter could give him a Thornberg type rise in the rankings in the next years.
    19. Khris Davis His power keeps him on this list but he isn't a 4th outfielder based on the beginning of the season, not sure he gets a chance to be a everyday player unless injury or trade.
    20. Kentrail Davis Has played well but at 25 he has only play a week of AAA ball so he doesn't have a lot of upside.

Missed out: Caleb Gindl, I just don't see the big skills of a top prospect, possibly a 4th OF next year. Yadiel Riveria, Hasn't progressed much over the past few years. Josh Prince, Has not played well in AAA. Sean Halton, played ok in the bigs, not much upside. Tucker Neuhaus, Young and needs time to show skills.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516