Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Brewers note: Anyone but Segura, Braun and Gomez Availible

Saw this on MLB TR. The same column also notes that exec's believe the Brewers would "secretly love to deal Gallardo".

What are your thoughts and can we get pitching prospects? What would it take to move the tohuher pieces (Lucroy, Gallardo and Aoiki), My money says Lucroy will not be dealt unless they get heavily overpaid.

vCash

Brewers note: Anyone but Segura, Braun and Gomez Availible

I would be surprised if Braun, luc, Gomez, or segura was traded. Everyone else would appear to be negotiable.

I don't think they'll just sell to sell. Most of the team has multiple years of team control left.

The one guy I think they need to trade is axford. He's pitching really well right now and he's going to be non tendered in the offseason. Need to try to get something for him.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    ^KRod could be said the same thing about.

Now that Hart is out for the year, we won't get anything for him except an insurance check to offset his ridiculous 10 million this year.

Ramirez, Betancourt, Weeks, Gallardo, Aoki and Lucroy would be the starters available in my opinion.

Lucroy is almost untouchable however and I would be somewhat pissed if we let him go after we spent 20 years trying to find a MLB level catcher.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Johnny Shellweg. Wow.

vCash
    I would ship Braun for only 2 top prospects at this point. These scandals that his name continuously is involved with are only going to get worse as the years go on. We're building for the future. We will not win a World Series with Braun as a Brewer.
    [CENTER[IMG]http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/scanners/moonrise-kingdom-wes-andersons-miniatures/mkwhatbird-thumb-510x275-49306.jpg[/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Knights #11 View Post
    I would ship Braun for only 2 top prospects at this point. These scandals that his name continuously is involved with are only going to get worse as the years go on. We're building for the future. We will not win a World Series with Braun as a Brewer.
    I'm sorry that's moronic. If the brewers don't win the World Series it has nothing to do with Braun.

Braun is comfortably a top 5 position player in baseball. They're not going to be able to move that contract and get talent in return.

vCash
    Those are the comments OC knows long ball.

Moronic.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    I'm sorry that's moronic. If the brewers don't win the World Series it has nothing to do with Braun.

Braun is comfortably a top 5 position player in baseball. They're not going to be able to move that contract and get talent in return.
    The only thing moronic is your ignorance. My statement was clear and to the point. The Brewers will not win a World Series with Braun on the roster. He is our greatest trade asset in my opinion because a player of his value will fetch the most intriguing prospects.

Longball--If the Texas Rangers can move Alex Rodriguez's monster contract then surely we can too. We just need a big market trading partner.

Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post

Moronic.
    Mr. Time4change don't you have some more kissing *** to do on the Bucks forum? Hear is to another 10 losing seasons Cheers brother!
    [CENTER[IMG]http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/scanners/moonrise-kingdom-wes-andersons-miniatures/mkwhatbird-thumb-510x275-49306.jpg[/CENTER]

vCash
    If we were to trade Lucroy, it would have to be so lopsided in our favor that it ends up on those worst trades ever list. Lucroy isn't an elite catcher, but elite catchers are all tied up. Lucroy is an above average catcher and I would be pretty upset to see him go and have to watch another string of Jason Kendalls and Johnny Estradas.

As far as the Brewers not being able to win the WS with Braun goes, that is just flat out stupid. Braun is one of those once in a lifetime players that you shouldn't just give up on because of allegations (nothing has been proven and no penalties have been given). If he starts to seriously regress then we can have this conversation but once you understand that baseball is not a clean game and never will be, you will be able to enjoy it that much better. Life isn't fair and neither is baseball. Just a fact of life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorState View Post
    If we were to trade Lucroy, it would have to be so lopsided in our favor that it ends up on those worst trades ever list. Lucroy isn't an elite catcher, but elite catchers are all tied up. Lucroy is an above average catcher and I would be pretty upset to see him go and have to watch another string of Jason Kendalls and Johnny Estradas.

As far as the Brewers not being able to win the WS with Braun goes, that is just flat out stupid. Braun is one of those once in a lifetime players that you shouldn't just give up on because of allegations (nothing has been proven and no penalties have been given). If he starts to seriously regress then we can have this conversation but once you understand that baseball is not a clean game and never will be, you will be able to enjoy it that much better. Life isn't fair and neither is baseball. Just a fact of life.
    Would you rather keep Braun; have an average to below average team for the next 5 to 6 years and also be required to deal with all the bad press/baggage deserving or not? Or Milwaukee can ship Braun this off-season in order to obtain top grade prospects for an actual legitimate run at a WS in the future?

You sound like a typical Milwaukee fan. Think outside the box would you.
    Last edited by OC Knights #11; 06-29-2013 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    dupe
    Last edited by OC Knights #11; 06-29-2013 at 08:11 PM.

vCash

The only thing moronic is your ignorance. My statement was clear and to the point. The Brewers will not win a World Series with Braun on the roster. He is our greatest trade asset in my opinion because a player of his value will fetch the most intriguing prospects.

Longball--If the Texas Rangers can move Alex Rodriguez's monster contract then surely we can too. We just need a big market trading partner.

Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post

Moronic.
    Mr. Time4change don't you have some more kissing *** to do on the Bucks forum? Hear is to another 10 losing seasons Cheers brother!
    and who were all of those top prospects the rangers got in return for arod? And besides, that trade was ten years ago. I think front offices are operating significantly different these days.

Teams aren't going to take on a massive contract and give up premium prospects. It just doesn't happen.

vCash
    and who were all of those top prospects the rangers got in return for arod? And besides, that trade was ten years ago. I think front offices are operating significantly different these days.

Teams aren't going to take on a massive contract and give up premium prospects. It just doesn't happen.
    Yes, it's unlikely, but moving a monster contract has been done before and that is worth noting. If the allegations against Braun become a reality, meaning the truth comes out and it doesn't serve to Braun's benefit then we may have to think outside the box. That's all i'm saying.

I'd prefer to reload for the future rather than have a dark cloud over the heads of our fans and the organization itself for the next 6 years.

vCash
    Yes, it's unlikely, but moving a monster contract has been done before and that is worth noting. If the allegations against Braun become a reality, meaning the truth comes out and it doesn't serve to Braun's benefit then we may have to think outside the box. That's all i'm saying.

I'd prefer to reload for the future rather than have a dark cloud over the heads of our fans and the organization itself for the next 6 years.
    The major point I want to get across is that no one should be untouchable on the roster besides Segura.

vCash
    I'm not opposed to dealing Braun but he's not gonna fetch what you think he will. It's a long contract for a guy that has his named tied to PEDs. He's a tremendous talent, but to think he's gonna fetch more than one top notch prospect is crazy. His contract is very affordable for a player of his caliber and is not what's hurting this team. He's one of the reasons people will still come out to the park to see the Brewers play when they're doing poorly, like this season.

The Brewers aren't going to win a World Series if they don't start developing pitchers better (there's some 2's to 3's but mostly 4's and 5's, just no aces in the making for a team with no true ace) and stop holding on to mediocre to above average players they could unload for specs at the right time. Guys I would have shopped would be Hart, Weeks, Gamel, Gwynn, Jenkins and a few other guys I can't think of right now that fizzled out but could have fetched something. Weeks not as much because there are no other 2B to use other than Gennett who has an approach I like at the plate just unfortunate for him that Rickie put it together when the call up happened.

The Brewers went into keep everyone mode and extended everyone that really isn't all that desirable to a lot of teams. I still love Braun's contract but to say having him around is what's hurting this team is an awful statement. YoGa I would have no problem getting rid of but his contract is a decent one to work with as well. The team just needs to find and develop a true ace that they haven't had other than their rentals of Greinke and Sabathia besides Ben Sheets when he was healthy. If they had this, Gallardo would be an extremely solid 2 and probably have far less pressure on him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast