Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Way to early trade ideas

I will probably get slammed but we a 9 under and look like seller at this point if things don't drastically change. I think our biggest chips are Aramis, Hart, and Lohse. But each of those guys have big questions that devalue them. Aramis will make 16 million next year with a 4 million buyout, Hart has injuries, and Lohse has an extremely back loaded contract. I could see a team giving up a very good prospect for Aramis or Hart if they stay healthy and productive. Lohse might get us a couple good prospects. I don't think the team would trade Yo but he obviously would have the most value of guys who would potentailly be on the market.

vCash
    Ideas, not sure is any are very good
    Aramis to the Dodgers for Zach Lee and Alex Castellanos
    Hart to the Rangers for Joey Gallo
    Lohse to the D-backs for Chris Owing and a couple mid- tier guys (move from SS to 2B, battle Gennett for job next year)
    Yo to the Red Sox for Matt Barnes, Garin Cecchini, and a prospect

vCash
    If we somehow turn this around, find a way to trade for a starting pitcher (ex: Cliff Lee). If not then Aramis and Lohse have to be moved.

vCash

Way to early trade ideas

If teams were interested in rami last year they'll be interested in him this year. He's a really good trade chip.

Corey hart is the most logical trade chip as long as he comes back strong.

Not sure what the market would be like for lohse. No one wanted to give up a draft pick for him so we will see if anyone would want to trade a prospect for him.

vCash
    If the White Sox can stay in contention, Aramis could be someone they'd be interested in. But unless he says he isn't going to pick up his option and the Brewers pay at least his buyout, teams aren't going to give up top prospects to get him. He is a 36 year old 3B who only has 67 AB this year. But he would bring a decent player or two.

vCash

Way to early trade ideas

Completely agree. If the brewers want talent in return they'll have to eat money on anyone they trade. I honestly would hate a salary dump with rami and lohse though haha.

vCash
    We have a pretty decent schedule coming up here in the next month or so

3 - Pirates (H)
    4 - Twins (2H 2A)
    7 - Phillies (3A 4H)
    3 - A's (H)
    3 - Marlins (A)
    3 - Reds (A)
    3 - Stros (A)

If we can't come out of this stretch in the neighborhood of 17-9 or better (taking all series but the Reds), I think it's time to fold the season and start rebuilding our farm system. None of these other teams are worth a darn except Oakland who is either hot or cold and CIN (and we have a history of beating up on PIT).

vCash

Way to early trade ideas

The schedule coming up is not bad. If they could get on a roll here they could feasibly close in on .500. If they continue to pitch like garbage it's probably not going to mean good things going forward.

vCash
    God this team sucks....who scouted this abomination of a pitching staff? Plenty of offense most every night, but every time we strike the pitcher immediately gives up runs the next 1/2 inning. Painful and sad to watch.

vCash

Potential Trade Ideas if we continue to under-achieve:

Hoping this doesn't have to happen but here are my potential pieces we could sell:

1. Corey Hart - Everybody's favorite injury-prone country boy is in his contract year and could bring back a few prospects from teams like NYY, TEX, SF, or OAK.

2. Aramis Ramirez - 3B could be of use to teams like NYY, CHW, LAA, LAD, ATL, or maybe even BOS. (with Middlebrooks injured and struggling and Iglesias finally producing at SS and 3B, maybe a Ramirez-Middlebrooks swap?)

3. Lohse - Not likely to get much with his back-loaded contract, but if we're serious about rebuilding, any swap of a pitcher in his mid-30's for a prospect can be a benefit for us.

4. Weeks - Seriously, if someone offered Doug a case of Spotted Cow he better take it for Rickie. A project-type prospect would do just fine as well.

5. Yovani Gallardo - Yo's a 2 or a 3 pitcher on any contending team right now. His decrease in velocity, lack of a finishing pitch, and stamina issues is enough to make me want to see what we could get for him. A 27-year old number 2 or 3 pitcher could be a hot-commadity on the open market.

I hope none of these trades have to happen, and looking at our schedule and being the optimist I am, I don't think we'd have to come to this. Just something interesting to think about.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Hebrew Hammers; 06-10-2013 at 06:11 AM.

vCash
    The Brewers are not getting Middlebrooks for Ramirez. The Sawx aren't giving up on him that fast.

vCash
    I agree. Even when I was typing the suggestion I shook my head and just as I was about to change it I remembered that I read somewhere that the Red Sox did have a pretty decent SS prospect in Double-A (shame on me for forgetting his name and I don't have time to look it up at the moment) and with Iglesias playing so well at 3B in Middlebrooks absence, I thought maybe Iglesias could slide over there for good in a few years when the prospect is ready and Ramirez's contract is up or he retires. Just a fun thought. Unlikely though. Thank you for reading my post, I do appreciate it!

vCash
    idk it will be intersting

vCash
    I brought some ideas up before in the other thread.

ARam to the Dodgers for Zach Lee and Nick Castellanos, they have a hole at third and are invested to winning, 15 mill more wouldn't kill them. We get a top pitching prospect and a kid who could take over third right away (although he won't be a more than a stop gap).

Hart to the Pirates for Luis Heredia, the Pirates need a middle of the order bat bad, he could play 1st or right. We get a guy with a ton of potential who is a long ways away. This would be if he comes back and plays well.

Lohse to the RedSox for Garin Cecchini, Anthony Renaudo. We don't get any top prospects but two guys who could become good players and the sox get an upgrade to compete in that hitting heavy division.

I'd keep the relievers unless we get wowed and the same for Yo

vCash
    I brought some ideas up before in the other thread.

ARam to the Dodgers for Zach Lee and Nick Castellanos, they have a hole at third and are invested to winning, 15 mill more wouldn't kill them. We get a top pitching prospect and a kid who could take over third right away (although he won't be a more than a stop gap).

Hart to the Pirates for Luis Heredia, the Pirates need a middle of the order bat bad, he could play 1st or right. We get a guy with a ton of potential who is a long ways away. This would be if he comes back and plays well.

Lohse to the RedSox for Garin Cecchini, Anthony Renaudo. We don't get any top prospects but two guys who could become good players and the sox get an upgrade to compete in that hitting heavy division.

I'd keep the relievers unless we get wowed and the same for Yo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast