Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Braun a Yankee?

Braun a Yankee?

I know he has a no trade clause, but would the huge national audience be too much to pass up for him? The Yanks farm system is strong and they NEED to catch up with what the Red Sox are doing. This could be a haul for the Brewers and the Yankees most likely take on his whole salary.

From what I was reading, I don't think there's a major sense of panic from the yanks in regards to the Red Sox.

I would think their strategy is to see what they have with their young guys and develop those guys. Then go all out in free agency in coming years to fill in the gaps their farm can't produce (and possibly be the ones to offer Harper his $400 deal). I don't see them making big trades this year to respond to the Red Sox big moves.

And I'm not positive Braun would waive the no trade. If you look at his list, I think he's really angling to end up back in california. I could see him holding firm on his no trade. That's why the dodgers missing out on big free agents would be huge for us. They really make the most sense for Braun, especially since they were awful against lefties last year.

Better get more from LA than Puig, scrub SP McCarthy and two mediocre prospects

Given the reports that have been going around that the dodgers may not have a ton of financial flexibility, you have to figure them resigning Jansen hurts the chances of Braun getting traded there. And if that's the case, it may be tough to move Braun without his consent. There isn't an obvious fit on his list of acceptable teams that have the assets to get Braun outside of the dodgers.

So I'm thinking it's becoming more unlikely that he gets moved this offseason.

I think the Yanks are a possiblity, what would a package look like. Brett Gardner and 2 good prospects or would we just get 3 good prospects, I guess it's hard to know without knowing the type of prospects the Dodgers were offering.

Gardner wouldn't make any sense to me. We have a ton of outfielders. If we get one back in a trade, it needs to be a young guy with star potential (like a puig). Trading for a good vet like Gardner doesn't do much for me.

I still don't see the Yankees as a great fit. I see them playing and developing young players and sort of saving cash to make a run at Bryce Harper in 2 years. They'll sign and trade for guys who fit the timeframe for Harper, but I don't see Braun as a great fit for that, especially since they have some corner OF prospects they like.