3 13.04%
  • Hawks in 6

13 56.52%
  • Hawks in 7

0 0%
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I agree. The last four standing in the west are all excellent teams. Just compare the quality in the west to the lack of quality in the east.
    lol the east=ahl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DewsSox79 View Post
    lol the east=ahl
    Problem is, we all kick the crap out of each other in the West and a weaker team from the East comes out with the Stanley Cup.

Happened in 03-04 (TB), 02-03 (NJ), 05-06 (Carolina), 99-00 (NJ), 94-95 (NJ).

vCash

Canucks expected to open Thursday against Blackhawks

Canucks expected to open Thursday against Blackhawks

Although it has yet to be made official, it appears the Vancouver Canucks and Chicago Blackhawks will open their second-round Stanley Cup playoff series Thursday at GM Place. The National Hockey League is expected to release the schedule tonight, once the two Eastern Conference first-round series come to a conclusion. Faceoff times at GM Place are expected to be 6 p.m.
    Sun

We can merge this with one of the other series thread (Hawks Watch), but for now I wanted you guys to see the news.

vCash
    cant wait!

vCash
    We'll let this be a separate thread till thursday.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    This will be a exciting matchup.

On a side note...
    Riding the train today I saw a shirt that said, "Show your bongos.. for Luongo"
    Giggity... Giggity

I hope this slogan catches on!
    DRINKING THE EL OLSO BLANCO KOOLAID!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smoe View Post
    This will be a exciting matchup.

On a side note...
    Riding the train today I saw a shirt that said, "Show your bongos.. for Luongo"
    Giggity... Giggity

I hope this slogan catches on!
    You saw that in Atlanta??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    You saw that in Atlanta??
    Actually I live in Vancouver.
    DRINKING THE EL OLSO BLANCO KOOLAID!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smoe View Post
    Actually I live in Vancouver.
    Welcome to the forum!

----------

Here's the official semifinal schedule -- Hawks vs. Canucks

Code:
    Thursday, April 30	at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m.	CBC, VERSUS
    Saturday, May 2	at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m.	CBC, VERSUS
    Tuesday, May 5	at Chicago, 8:00 p.m.	CBC, VERSUS
    Thursday, May 7	at Chicago, 8:00 p.m.	CBC, VERSUS
    *Saturday, May 9	at Vancouver, 10:30 p.m	CBC, VERSUS
    *Monday, May 11	at Chicago, 9:00 p.m.	CBC, VERSUS (JIP)
    *Thurs, May 14	at Vancouver, TBD	        CBC, VERSUS
    canucks.com

vCash
    are those times eastern or central???
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Eastern, I can tell just from looking at them

(And if I'm wrong I look like an idiot of course)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    are those times eastern or central???
    They have to be Eastern. 9pm EST is 6pm PST. I've heard they're starting early for the eastern audiences.

vCash
    aite thanks.. just wasn't sure since we van usually plays at 7pt. thanks for clearing it up.

<3

vCash

Nucks vs Blackhawks - Game 2 (4/30)

Game 1

Date: April 30th
    Time: 6:00 PM PT
    TV: CBC (HD), VERSUS (HD), RDS (HD)

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - The Chicago Blackhawks' last game against the Vancouver Canucks featured a third-period line brawl that had everything from WWF-style body slams to hair pulling.

So it's safe to say they won't have to wait for the hatred to build when their second-round playoff series starts Thursday night in Vancouver.

"Obviously we have dislike for them," said Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa, who was bleeding, his undershirt torn, after a spirited scrap that included Ben Eager picking him up by the pants and slamming him to the ice. "Is it more than some teams? Maybe, but it will make for a good series."

The ugly ending to that last meeting a month ago started when big Blackhawks forward Dustin Byfuglien caught star goalie Roberto Luongo in the mask with his glove after being stopped on a partial breakaway.

By the time things settled, Vancouver defenseman Shane O'Brien had been taken hard to the ice by a referee trying to keep him away from Adam Burish, who was challenging top-line forwards Daniel and Henrik Sedin, and Canucks agitator Alex Burrows was caught on tape twice grabbing a handful of Duncan Keith's long hair and pulling hard.

Head coaches Alain Vigneault and Joel Quenneville were screaming at each other from their benches as the officials handed out 80 minutes in penalties and misconducts - though strangely none to Burrows.

"That brawl will be in the back of everybody s minds, but it's a different game now," said Burish, who received three roughing minors and a 10-minute misconduct. "Obviously, the hair pulling was a little silly. That doesn't make me mad. It makes me laugh at how embarrassing it all was."

The melee came with the Canucks already up 3-0 in the March 29 game being billed as a likely playoff preview. Both teams talked after about sending messages for what then appeared to be a sure first-round meeting. The Canucks delivered theirs on the scoreboard with a 4-0 victory that moved them into a tie with Chicago in the race for home-ice advantage. The Blackhawks sent theirs with late physical play, saying it was proof that they wouldn't go away easily.

"Back then it looked like we were going to meet in the first round," Eager said. "We just wanted to show them it wasn't going to be an easy series and we were going to play hard."

Both sides were downplaying the brawl heading into their Western Conference semifinal, but everyone expected the physical play to continue.

"If somebody wants to get in my face I'm going to get right back in there face, Burish said. "I enjoy that confrontation, it doesn't matter who it is, whether it's their best player or the guy on the bottom of the depth chart."

The Canucks also pledged to continue the intense, hard-nosed style that marked their four-game sweep of St. Louis in the first round, but say they will have to do so without taking penalties. Vancouver killed off 23 of 24, including three lengthy 5-on-3s, while knocking off the Blues and leads the playoffs in penalty killing after finishing 16th in the regular season. Chicago has the second best playoff power play, with seven goals on 24 chances.

"We can't take 24 penalties in four games, that's going to kill us," Burrows said. "There will be physical play, but I wouldn't bet on a line brawl right off the bat. We have to take a punch to get a penalty and make sure we go on the power play instead of going on the PK all the time."

Physical play will be nothing new for the young Blackhawks, who saw plenty of intimidation attempts from the more experienced but injury-riddled Calgary in the first round. Despite some wobbles while losing Games 3 and 4 on the road, Chicago handled it well, securing its first playoff series victory in 13 years with a 4-1 victory in Game 6 on Tuesday night in Calgary.

"The last challenge we had against Calgary is as physical as you are going to face," coach Joel Queneville said.
    Canucks Game Preview
    ---------------------------------
    PREDICTIONS:

Winner:

Final score:

GWG Scored in:

First Star:

<3

vCash
    The Canucks have played very well and will go as far as Luongo will lead us. I would state that his 1.18GAA versus the Blues was only a minor test really. They were without their PP defensemen in Erik Johnson and their best PK defender in Eric Brewer. That being said we have the leadership, the physical players and the goalie to beat the Chicago Blackhawks. In 6 games we'll take them out behind a good series behind the Sedin's, and Kesler.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast