• Hawks in 5

3 13.04%
  • Hawks in 6

13 56.52%
  • Hawks in 7

0 0%
Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS: (3) Canucks vs (4) Blackhawks - Douches win series 4-2

#3 VANCOUVER CANUCKS VS #4 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Code:
    Thursday, April 30	at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m.	CBC, VERSUS
    Saturday, May 2	at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m.	CBC, VERSUS
    Tuesday, May 5	at Chicago, 8:00 p.m.	CBC, VERSUS
    Thursday, May 7	at Chicago, 8:00 p.m.	CBC, VERSUS
    *Saturday, May 9	at Vancouver, 10:30 p.m	CBC, VERSUS
    *Monday, May 11	at Chicago, 9:00 p.m.	CBC, VERSUS (JIP)
    *Thurs, May 14	at Vancouver, TBD	        CBC, VERSUS
    Regular Season Team Leaders:

Vancouver

Goals: Daniel Sedin (31)

Assists: Henrik Sedin (60)

+/-: Willie Mitchell (+29)

PIM: Shane O'Brien (196)

Shutouts: Roberto Luongo (9)

Chicago

Goals: Jonathan Towes (33)

Assists: Martin Havlat (47)

+/-: Duncan Keith (+33)

PIM: Ben Eager (161)

Shutouts: Nikolai Khabibulin & Cristobal Huet (3)

GUESTS SIGN UP HERE AND TALK ABOUT THE GAME WITH US!!!!
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 04-30-2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: more appealing opening post; official game thread

vCash
    Ducks score

were gonna get the Hawks!

vCash
    we're playing the hawks!!!!

yay!
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Careful what we wish for! lol. I like the matchup, but they looked impressive against the Flames in these last couple of games.

I'm excited about it though. A new rivalry. We don't need another series against the Flames, and we don't need to meet up with the defending Stanley Cup champs just yet either.

vCash
    i wouldn't be surprised if this game goes 7, but i definitely like our chances against chicago more than detroit and calgary. Although extremely intriguing and talented, chicago's youth could hurt them.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Just curious, why do you like your chances more against a team that the Blackhawks just beat in a hard fought series? I understand staying away from Detroit, don't blame ya, but the Flames over the Hawks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Just curious, why do you like your chances more against a team that the Blackhawks just beat in a hard fought series? I understand staying away from Detroit, don't blame ya, but the Flames over the Hawks?
    I can't speak for everyone else but even though we played Calgary well this year they always give us a tough time and Kipper is always lights out

vCash
    Kipper played well at times in the offseason, but he wasn't lights out and their defense is so depleted right now, it would be the perfect time to play them. They are a banged up team while the Hawks are looking pretty fresh and have more goes on their team that can step up on a nightly basis than the Flames if you ask me. The Flames obviously have Iginla, who didn't play all that well this series. Two of the better guys on the Flames were Jokinen and Bertuzzi if you ask me. Even though Bertuzzi took some dumb penalties.

I just think you have to be careful what you wish for, and that goes for a lot of Hawks fans who were hoping we would play Vancouver in the first round (which made NO sense at all to me).
    Last edited by Boom!; 04-28-2009 at 02:45 AM.

vCash
    Well I know Bulin played great, but I think that him vs Luongo is obviously a favourable matchup for us, and one that could be the deciding factor. Especially with a healthy team

vCash
    i just honestly think that Luongo and our D, which has really tightened up especially in the playoffs, gives us a nice advantage in this series. Not to mention sundin, salo, mitchell will all be completely rested.

it's gonna be the most physical series of the entire playoffs. We obviously know this isn't gonna be a cakewalk... chicago did finish with more pts and they just ousted calgary. plus, just like what carson said earlier, calgary just gives us fits.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised if this game goes 7, but i definitely like our chances against chicago more than detroit and calgary. Although extremely intriguing and talented, chicago's youth could hurt them.
    Everyone said we would lose to Calgary because of our "youth" to. We all know how that worked out. We have a goalie that has won the cup before and can win a game by himself, like he did last night. While Luongo is a great goalie don't sleep on Khabibulin either. It should be a great series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Everyone said we would lose to Calgary because of our "youth" to. We all know how that worked out. We have a goalie that has won the cup before and can win a game by himself, like he did last night. While Luongo is a great goalie don't sleep on Khabibulin either. It should be a great series.
    I agree. The last four standing in the west are all excellent teams. Just compare the quality in the west to the lack of quality in the east.

vCash
    What is the status on Mats Sundin?
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    What is the status on Mats Sundin?
    He's skating. No word yet on whether he'll start the series, but most media seem to think so.

vCash
    I don't even think he needs to be at 100% to be effective, he just needs to be that presence around the net.

Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast