Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    I don't like Penny. But it is only April. And what did we expect out of Penny anyways? 4 pitchers can't win 20 games on the same roster. They could.. but yeah last time that happened?????

It's like the boys said. If he keeps us in games and gives us a chance to win until Smoltz comes back, than good enough Penny. Thanks buddy. LoL like man.. he ain't going to win 20 games. He's penciled in at the 4 or 5 spot anyways.

Buchholz isn't up and Penny still is incase exactly what happened to Clay happened or happens again this year. Clay exceeded too fast with his no hitter. The kid is young, you need to protect him in the minors but only for a certain amount of time. Every young kid is different. And confidence is the biggest thing I think a young kid will need. He won't get it if he wins a game or two in the bigs, then gets rocked for his next 2.

Give Clay time and don't expect 15-20 wins out of a number 4 or 5 starter. Even though I don't like Penny.
    The O's in 1971? Bags, pavelb1...you're the stats guys...is that it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    The O's in 1971? Bags, pavelb1...you're the stats guys...is that it?
    yea '71 O's
    1971 Baltimore Orioles:

Mike Cuellar (20)
    Pat Dobson (20)
    Jim Palmer (20)
    Dave McNally (21)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sawxfan View Post
    yea '71 O's
    1971 Baltimore Orioles:

Mike Cuellar (20)
    Pat Dobson (20)
    Jim Palmer (20)
    Dave McNally (21)
    yup, given the amount of starts per year, they would have to all be titanic 150+ ERA pitchers to do it. Four 16's would be roughly equivalent today.

vCash
    That was WAY too easy. For me and Bags.......we got to see them, I saw McNally, Palmer and Dobson in person. Never saw Cueller....I remember losing too. We rolled out ray culp. sonny seibert , gary peters.....jim longborg..sparky lyle , bill lee....el' tiante..

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/1971.shtml

look at complete games.....now they are sissys.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lil'papi View Post
    That was WAY too easy. For me and Bags.......we got to see them, I saw McNally, Palmer and Dobson in person. Never saw Cueller....I remember losing too. We rolled out ray culp. sonny seibert , gary peters.....jim longborg..sparky lyle , bill lee....el' tiante..

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/1971.shtml

look at complete games.....now they are sissys.....
    I remember that team.

If I reacall correctly all of them sported sub 3.00 ERA's and they had 75 - 80 complete games combined.

Only four starters in that rotation though and I don't imagine that Earl Weaver had a clicker out counting pitches each time they threw.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123