Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Schilling is right!!!

Boo your ***** off!

But don’t act like idiots. One of the perks of playing for the Red Sox, or the Yankees for that matter, is home field advantage. Home field advantage is ALL about the fans and the environment.

Don’t act like idiots, don’t throw stuff on the field, don’t be stupid. Be a Sox fan, have class, act like you’ve been there before, act like winners.

DON’T reach over the fence on a ball down the line when it’s hit by a RED SOX player!!!

Don’t reach over the fence to catch a ball in the air when it’s hit by a YANKEE player!!!

Keep enforcing that thing you’ve always had, make Fenway a nightmare for visiting players. Boston fans have some of the smartest sign making fans around, get them out there. Remind players who spurned you, that you won’t forget, but don’t be idiots about it. Remind the Yankees why this is a horrible place to be a visiting player, and at the same time remind your home town team why they can’t be beat here.

Boo the ever living hell out of the opponents, make it a hellish weekend, but do it with intelligence, class, dignity and style, it’s funner that way.

If you can rag the crap out of a player without an F bomb or using ‘your mother’, you’ve got something, otherwise you’re carbon copies of the gang that sits behind the dugout in Yankee Stadium because that appears to be all they ever had for ammo…

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

vCash
    I'm not sure booing in any form and class really go hand in hand. I also think it's childish to boo a guy just because he chose to sign somewhere else. Silly.

Oh, and I don't think fans should reach over the fence at all...no matter who hit it.

vCash
    "Schilling is right....sometimes" should be the name of the thread. When you talk as much as he does you are bound to be right once in awhile. Booing is lame on either side. And I agree with Knarf, I don't go to a game to see some doofus impact the outcome of the game. Just beat them on the field and shake hands after the game.

vCash
    You are right...sweeping the Yankees is a lot more satisfying than any amount of booing could ever be.

Now, if it's Manny Ramirez, boo away.

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    I'm not sure booing in any form and class really go hand in hand. I also think it's childish to boo a guy just because he chose to sign somewhere else. Silly.

Oh, and I don't think fans should reach over the fence at all...no matter who hit it.
    That's is EXACTLY why you boo them, they don't have any class. duh....

vCash
    Haha, I'm not strictly opposed to ANYONE booing. It's part of the game, I get that. It's just not something I have ever really done. I like watching the Yankees, so it'd be disingenuous of me to boo.

I just don't think we should try to paint booing as anything other than what it is, haha!

vCash
    1rst and 3rd here this is where you could use Lugo. He has the speed to beat out Double Play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmonster24 View Post
    1rst and 3rd here this is where you could use Lugo. He has the speed to beat out Double Play.
    You'd think so but he ground into 13 DP's last year in only 82 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    Haha, I'm not strictly opposed to ANYONE booing. It's part of the game, I get that. It's just not something I have ever really done. I like watching the Yankees, so it'd be disingenuous of me to boo.

I just don't think we should try to paint booing as anything other than what it is, haha!
    This is good to know , just in case we sit near each other at Fenway some day. I'll yell knarf before I boo ....just to be sure....Johnny Damon I booed my heiney off. Manny after one sabbatical I booed him too.

Other teams I rarely boo.....I have booed officials and umpires I just go right up to and yell at. Fans boo them though for me...

Booing is good for the soul. Try it your blood pressure goes down according to studies.....

vCash
    Haha...lots of things help blood pressure, and mine is A-OK. Like I said, I'm not advocating a ban on booing...I'll just leave it to someone else.

vCash
    Don't boo. It's bad for you.

Result to vulger name calling. Racism aside.